Chapter 4

Letters To Heaven

 

Dear Taemin oppa, 
 
Mom was euphoric when I told her that I have begun to smile again. However, my next sentence managed to burst her bubble. 
 
"Yes mum, but I'm not going to find a new boyfriend. A least, not in a couple of years' time." 
 
She screeched and yelled at me alright, but I'm not going to regret my decision. Oppa, do you know the feeling when everything you do or say reminds you of that one special person in your heart? It's like deja vu, and you find yourself grinning from ear to ear at the various memories casted in your mind. You're that person in my heart, oppa. It would be so unfair for me to accept another guy with my mind filled with you. Perhaps as the years pass, and as I grow older, you would be locked at a special corner of my heart and I would be able to love again, just, not now. 
 
Christmas is around the corner. Warm houses, the smell of baking, children laughing, people giving, the sense of waiting for someone coming in the air, St. Nicholas and his jolly spirit of kindness. All so wonderful. If only you were her to bask in the Christmas spirit with me, oppa. Last year's Christmas was amazing, do you remember? We spent the whole day at a cafe, sipping steaming cups of hot cocoa and contemplating over our future. You had such a great ambition of becoming a singer and dancer. And I cheered for you, also claiming the spot of your number one fan in future. When asked about my dream, I told you that I wanted to open a little cafe by the Vernice River, serving the best macchiato that would melt people's hearts even on a chilly winter day. You promised to be my first customer, oppa! Though you broke your promise, I will still reserve my first cup of coffee for you~ Then, all of a sudden, you leaned in and gave me a gentle peck on the lips. Immediately my hand shot up to my lips and you laughed sheepishly. That was our very first kiss, oppa, and till today I could still taste the faint cocoa taste on my lips at the thought of it. 
 
A few days back Amber unnie gave me an address secretly. She said that it was a post office for the living to post their letters to their beloved ones in heaven. I didn't believe her (You would be mesmerised by the amount of movies she watches) of course, but then I thought that it would be no harm trying. I guess I will be posting all the 4 letters to you later. Do read them, oppa, and know how much I have missed you. 
 
Love, Sulli. 
 
*Suli collected the 4 envelopes on the table, grabbed a jacket and went out. Sticking her earphones into her ears, she hummed gently to the tune of Amazing Grace, the one and only song in her iPod shuffle. Walking with her head down, Sulli didn't realise that she had already walked onto the roads and a car was speeding towards her...* 
 
BAM! 
An acute pain shot through Sulli's body and she felt something warm gushing out. Blood. Still clasping her four letters tightly, Sulli saw Taemin waving at her with a hand reaching out for her. Gladly holding his hand, she felt her senses being numb as she ran into the embrace of her beloved, Taemin oppa. 
 
The next day... 
 
TEENAGE GIRL GETS KNOCKED DOWN BY A MERCEDES CAR. AS IT WAS A HIT-AND-RUN CASE, PLEASE CONTACT THE POLICE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THE CASE. 
 
(Sulli's POV) 
When I opened my eyes again, I saw that I was being enveloped in a dreamy white mist. I was at a brilliant dazzling blessed heavenly paradise, where angelic spirits in the eternal sheer dance in the ecstatic bliss of the enrapturous euphoric beatific vision. I am in heaven! Glancing all around me, I could not help but to gape at the dazzlement of the place. Just... Where is Taemin oppa? As I was wondering, a familiar voice rang in my ears. 
 
"Sulli-ah! Sulli-ah!" 
 
I turned around and saw my beloved grandfather who had passed away 3 years ago. I ran to him with tears in my eyes. Finally I could be reunited with him? 
 
"What happened?" Grandpa inquired, love and tenderness in his eyes. I explained my accident to him and he could only sigh as he patted my head. Still, I had a burning question in my mind. 
 
"Grandpa, do you know where is Taemin oppa? Lee Taemin." 
 
Grandpa thought for a moment and frowned. 
 
"Sulli, I don't think he belongs here."