Chapter 3

Letters To Heaven

 

Dear Taemin oppa, 
 
I guess you have really sent another person to become my guardian angel. But I don't want him, oppa, I only want you... 
 
During lunch break today, Woohyun came to me with a flushed face. Stuffing a letter into my hands, he flashed me a bashful smile and ran away. 
 
Curiosity aroused, I tore the envelope open and it was a love letter addressed to me! I was stunned... The last sentence of the letter went like this. 
 
"Sulli-sshi, I know you are very upset over Taemin-sshi's accident. However, it's time to open your heart again and let another person in isn't it? Let me protect you instead of him. Please give me a chance." 
 
The ending to this confessing chapter was pretty simple. I rejected Woohyun, but we swore to become good friends for life. 
 
You must be wondering the reason to my action. Oppa, it's impossible to forget a person that was bore such a great significance to your life. You were my everything, I gave my heart and soul to you, and you responded back lovingly. Losing you was like digging away a huge portion of my heart and leaving the rest of it to bleed and die, oppa. 
 
Today after school I went to the ice-cream shop that we always had our dates. Sitting at the exact spot and ordering the familiar chocolate sundae, memories flooded through my head and I had to wipe away my tears real quick to avoid embarrassment. Remember our first date? The date when you finally confessed to me? You were so bashful! Till today, your blushing face is still being engraved in my mind. When I reached the shop you were already there and a melted chocolate sundae was on the table. I was about to approach you when I heard you rehearsing your confession to the melted ice-cream. 
 
"Sulli-ah, I've had my eyes you for a very long time. I think you're pretty, kind, funny and nice. Will you be my girlfriend?" Then you started hitting yr head like a maniac and said, "Sulli-ah, when I first saw you, inside my heart was hot. I guess that's love. Can I protect you from today onwards?" 
 
Oppa, you looked so cute at that moment with your watermelon hairstyle and gleaming eyes that I crept up to you secretly and whispered in your ear, "yes oppa, I'll agree to anything that you say." Instinctively you jumped and flushed a darker crimson when you saw me, but the joyous gleam in your eyes was too great to be hidden. You gave me a radiant smile and I found my heart palpating wildly against my chest. I guess I fell in love with you at that moment too. 
 
When Woohyun gave me that letter during lunch, my mind was filled with images of your confession, and a faint smile tugged at the corners of my lips.  It had always been like that, oppa, when it came to you, no matter how hard I try, I always smile like an idiot. 
 
Today, as I write my third letter to you, I guess I can really unleash my smile at everyone again. Oppa has always been here with me, protecting me from harm, and loving me in my memories and dreams. 
 
Love, 
sulli