Can I trust you, Nam Woohyun?

Picture Perfect

Five minutes before the bell rang for class to start.

Sky looked deftly at her desk, avoiding the awkward stares and taunting smirks of her classmates, tucking her feet underneath her chair shyly.

Her hands in her lap, she reached for her bag, which somehow moved suddenly as she was about to reach it.

She looked up, confused.

A boy held it up in the air, snickering with his other doll-faced friends.

"Is this yours, pretty lady?" He asked.

She blinked, a sinking feeling in her stomach.

Ha, the voices sang. First day in your new school, and you're already being singled out as a weirdo. Good job Sky!

Nodding, she mumbled, "N-nae," 

"What? Could you say that again?" He teased, cruelly. Every eye in the classroom was turned to her now, taunting her with their expressions.

"You're Different, Kang Sky,"  they seemed to say, "And Seoul Highschool of the Arts does not tolerate different,"

She had been through this before.

"P-please, give m-me my b-bag b-back..." She said, gathering up courage.

"Oh, does the new girl have a stuttering problem?" One of them smirked. "W-what are y-you, a bbb-baby?!"

The classroom erupted in snickers and even some outrageously loud laughter.

"Ahem," A throat was cleared, and they turned to the front of the classroom. "I see you have met our newest student, Mr. Kwon."

The guy holding blushed at the stern gaze of the beautiful woman, clearly the teacher.

"How kind of you," She said, turning to the whiteboard and writing something on it in English. "To carry this girl's bag for her. I believe she needs it now, however,"

The so-called 'Mr. Kwon' dropped her bag immediately. "Mianhae," He bowed to her respectfully.

Sky was amazed at the difference in his character around the teacher and did a mental "Fighting!" sign.

"Ms. Kang, will you introduce yourself to the class?"

Sky shrank back in her seat, looking at the teacher with wide, fearful eyes.

The voices were the loudest they had been that day, attacking her mind with fear.

The teacher smiled at her understandingly. "Class, this is Kang Sky."

"Sky?" One girl snorted. "What kind of name is that?!"

The teacher leveled her glare at the girl. "If you wish to speak of someone else disrespectfully, I suggest you do it in your head today during detention, Miss. Song." 

Gaeul Song's eyes widened. "Sungsaenim!" She cried, pitifully.

"Well, Sky, would you like to play us a piece on the piano?" The teacher smiled invitingly at her petite new student.

Sky stood up.

This was the one place the voices could not enter her head; in her music.

As she walked towards the baby grand, she felt silence enfulge her with an overwhelming sense of peace.

This, she could do.

Placing her fingers gently on the keys, she closed her eyes...

And remembered.

That day the music study class got the shock of their life; the pain, the endless hurt, the loneliness...

All of it was reflected in the sad sonata.

~*~

After checking with the principal, Woohyun had figured out that the girl's first class was Music Study One.

As he walked down the hall towards her classroom, notebook in his hand, he heard the haunting strains of the piano float towards him.

He slowed, stopping outside of the classroom door and leaning against it.

The song played into his thoughts, his emotions...

"Gahh, Nam Woohyun!" He cursed himself, silently. "Get a grip!"

Just then, somehow, the door gave way and he stumbled into the classroom.

"Oppa?!" Some girl gasped.

He sighed. That lady teacher was giving him THE LOOK.. if you know what I mean.

"Nam Woohyun?" She demanded.

Sky's eyes widened. He's the boy who I saw in the park!

He grinned sheepishly. "Hey, Teacher Jung." He said in English.

She cocked her eyebrow. "Do you have a reason for interrupting my class, Mr. Nam?"

"Nae," He nodded, bowing.

The class gave a simentanteous gasp.

Did Nam Woohyun, world class bad boy, SHOA's hottest rebel...

BOWING TO A TEACHER?!

"I'm looking for..." His eyes searched the room... and landed on Sky.

He grinned bashfully. "I, uh, found your notebook."

She nodded, terror sticken.

He held it out to her, motioning for her to take it.

She did nothing.

All the eyes of the world were on her, and the voices were back...

Louder this time.

"Here," He said, stepping closer to her.

The creepy fangirls gaped in astonishment.

She reached slowly for his outstretched hand, wondering if she could trust him.

Can I trust you, Nam Woohyun? She wondered, hesitating.

"Take it," He said, looking at her softly.

"Kam..."

"No problem." And he winked, touching her hand slightly as she took the notebook from his hand.

Sky shuddered, looking down at her notebook as she sat at her desk.

Opening it, she found a little note:

Let's meet again. -Woohyun :)