Chapter 2: That's How We Get to Know One Another.

Chances We Take.

 

 
"Doesn't that mean we all have to go?" Yesung yawned uninterested.
 
"Well technically, the other morons... kekek... can stay here... But we'll need to go. Meaning, you and meh. Geez.. Donghae's such a child... Kyuhyun such a smartass..." Heechul facepalmed. 
 
"And you're not a smartass?" Yesung laughed.
 
"YAH! Let's just go! Lead the way around! You're meeting someone there aren't you?" Heechul threw back.
 
"WHAT? How'd you know?!" Yesung exclaimed. 
 
"There's nothing that I DON'T know Sungie. Nothing." Heechul grinned in triumphancy.
 
"Touche..."
 
~  *  ~  *  ~
 
"The moon looks so pretty!" Donghae grinned, hopping a few steps in front of the others.
 
"He's so child-like..." Sungmin observed.
 
"In a good way though, right?" Eunhyuk made sure.
 
"What? You'd get mad if we insulted him? I'm surprised." Sungmin blinked. 
 
"He looks so bright... Even brighter than your hair, Eunhyuk." Leeteuk grinned.
 
The others chuckled. 
 
"And he's like-" 
 
"Like an angel without wings? Yeah, thought so." Hankyung chuckled at Leeteuk's quote.
 
"He does though... He's wearing all white... His brown hair just flows... It's admirable... Isn't it?" Ryeowook stared at Donghae.
 
"Yeah... He's clingy though." Eunhyuk laughed recalling earlier. 
 
"Child-like. He's just pure..." Sungmin laughed.
 
"Sungmin, look, another bright sight. It's your 'vampire'... Did you even get his name?" Hankyung snickered.
 
Kyuhyun stood still, leaning on the lamp post with his head down and his arms crossed. His eyes were obviously closed and his white clothes were bright... And he was just... Untouchable.
 
"No... We just spoke, no introductions..." Sungmin bit his upper lip, moving on to his lower. 
 
"No introductions, and you guys already have something going?! My, my Sungmin! I'm impressed!" Kangin walked up from behind them, taking Leeteuk's hand.
 
"Hey, where'd you come from?" Leeteuk squeezed his lover's hand.
 
"Let's see.. Well my mom and da-"
 
"Oh, shut up Kangin hyung!" Ryeowook hit Kangin's chest.
 
"Alright, alright. I was buying some ramen over there... My mom would have a fit if she found me eating at this time..."
 
"Seriously? You're turning into Shindong hyung!" Eunhyuk chuckled.
 
"Hey, hey, the man's losing weight...!" Hankyung defended him.
 
"So who's this 'vampire' Sungmin thing we're talking about?" Kangin asked.
 
"It's not a ! We just met!" Sungmin pouted. 
 
"And yet you like him?" Kangin teased even more. 
 
"He's just good looking, okay hyung? Besides, we ended up arguing half way through our conversation. That man is as snarky, arrogant, and stubborn as HELL." An irritated Sungmin facepalmed. 
 
"Who's he?" Kangin laughed at his dongsaeng's action and pointed at the hopping man dressed in white.
 
"Donghae. Someone Eunhyuk found." Leeteuk explained. 
 
"He looks like a fish." Kangin observed.
 
"And you look like a bear." Eunhyuk laughed.
 
"Watch it Monkey." Kangin glared. 
 
"Hey, Rabbit. What's his 'vampire' doing here anyways?" Kangin turned to Sungmin. 
 
"Did we turn into a zoo?" Hankyung asked, making them chuckle.
 
"I don't know!" 
 
"Go talk to him then!" Leeteuk laughed, nudging Sungmin.
 
"No! I don't wanna! I already did!" Sungmin pouted.
 
"Plus, that'll make me seem I was desperate slash stalking him!" 
 
"Pfft, come on~ Do that flirtywurty thing..." Eunhyuk teased.
 
"Shut up- Ryeowookie? You okay?" Sungmin stopped and looked back at Ryeowook who was a couple of steps away.
 
"Oh? Y-Yeah! I'm great... Except the fact that Jongwoonie's going here... Sooner. Or later..." 
 
"What was that?" Hankyung raised a brow.
 
"N-Nothing. Where's Donghae hyung?"
 
~  *  ~  *  ~
 
Donghae's eyes widened in happiness as Kyuhyun's figure came into sight. He ran towards the lamp post and stopped abruptly when Kyuhyun was mumbling weird things.
 
"So if I'm a Protoss... Then I'm siding with Zergs or Terrans? Wait.. We're all enemies, so we just kill off everyone... " 
 
Donghae tilted his head to the side. What? What the Hee is a Troposs... And a Zerran? And a Perg? What?
 
"Kyuhyunnie?" Donghae poked the younger's cheek.
 
Kyuhyun's head dangerously raised. His eyes opened in a disturbing way. 
 
"You..." He said with that wonderful baritone voice of his. 
 
"What about me?" Donghae teased.
 
"I am gonna swear. I WILL swear. You er." Kyuhyun jumped.
 
"Excusez-moi?!" Donghae gasped.
 
"Oooh, you're such a freaking bastard hyung, you know how ed up you are in the head? Why the hell would you cross the ing bridge?! Are you that stupid?!" Kyuhyun shot. 
 
"Did you just call me- WHOA! MY BRACELET! I WAS LOOKING FOR THAT." Donghae quickly grabbed Kyuhyun's hand. 
 
"Hyung, you are so easy to distract..." Kyuhyun chuckled, ruffling Donghae's hair.
 
Donghae slipped the bracelet on his wrist.
 
"Wait, why is my BunnyBoy here?!" Kyuhyun pointed at the group behind Donghae.
 
"What bunn- Sungminnie was the guy that made you blush?!" Donghae jumped.
 
"Sungmin? That's his name?" Kyuhyun raised a brow. 
 
Donghae nodded. *insert cute squeaky sound*
 
"Damn. He's so girly... Even his name. Like, the freaking nickname can be Minnie. What. The. Hell." Kyuhyun leans on the lamp post he was already at.
 
Donghae furrowed his eyebrows. 
 
"Where are you learning all these foul words?" He leans on the lamp post as well. 
 
"I knew most of them already. Heechul says them too. And the other ones, I just heard some passerby-ers say'em..." Kyuhyun shrugged.
 
"Can I say them too?" Donghae blinks. 
 
Kyuhyun stares at Donghae. A faint blush of embarrassment crept on his cheeks. 
 
"Kyu...? Something wrong?" Donghae reaches up to pat Kyuhyun's curly hair.
 
"N-No.. Don't say it hyung. Heechul will kill me. Haha..." Kyuhyun forces a smile.
 
"Yah. I know something's bothering you.. Just tell me." Donghae glares. 
 
This is Donghae... He can be the most innocent and cute person ever... But when the time comes... He's that protective friend. If you hurt one of his friends. His colleagues. He can either innocently deal with it... Or his masculine side shows... Kyuhyun chuckled secretly.
 
"It's just that... We crossed the bridge... And when I look at you... Bad... Memories flash... You know?" He whispers.
 
"Don't think about it Kyu... It was our past... Right?" Donghae laughed.
 
"How can I not...?" Kyuhyun grumbled. 
 
"It hurts when we think... So snap out of it!" 
 
"Why'd they give us to them anyways?"
 
"It was our parents' choices, Kyu..." Donghae sighed.
 
"I'm sure they didn't mean to do this to us..."
 
"I was probably useless as a baby..." Kyuhyun murmurred.
 
"You were adorable when you were a baby!"