Chapter 1: In the Beginning.

Chances We Take.

chapterone

~*~
 
 
    
 
     Eunhyuk's eyes widened. Who was this innocent looking creature that he had just found? Stained with blood, battered with bruises (from his perspective)... He assumed this creature was no more than 20.  He knew the world was cruel, but not as cruel as this.
 
He reached to turn the creature around. A soft gasp escaped his lips as he examined the creature. Flawless. He hasn't seen anyone like him before. Eunhyuk slid his hand into his pocket and pulled out his phone. 
 
What happened to you?
 
~  *  ~  *  ~
 
"Holy shoot... Holy shoot..." Kyuhyun gnawed on his lower lip pacing around the confusing place. 
 
    He hasn't been down here for a while and he'd forgotten the way from here to there. You and your stupid sense Donghae! He spoke to himself. He felt unusual. H-He's unconscious isn't he...? Oh my Gosh. Kyuhyun pulled on his curly brown locks. 
 
He knew his best friend quite well, actually. Donghae was accurately 20 years old, turning 21 in a couple of months. He was about a 169 or 174 cm tall and 132 pounds. He's baby-faced to compliment his child-like personality. His eyes are a round chocolatey-brown and they glisten with something unexplainable.
 
     His favorite color is blue, and he finds a specific fish, named Nemo, adorable. He enjoys wearing plaid clothing. And he secretly likes- no, loves to dance. I swear Hyung, if you're hurt somewhere, I will.. I SWEAR I WILL... Will... Where the hell is HE?!
 
    Donghae had gone missing that morning. He'd been walking around the lake when he came upon a bridge. He looked at his surroundings, and admitted to himself that he was lost. Can you blame him? He's like a goldfish. He has no sense of direction. 
 
Now, he has heard about the bridges. They were the bridges that should never be crossed, unless stated otherwise. These bridges had several different names. 'The Forbidden Connection', 'The Forbidden Bond' or, 'The Forbidden Platform'. 3 of these bridges were intact. At the lake, the fjord, and the hidden water cave. Oblivious to him.
 
    But Donghae being Donghae, he had assumed that 'Why would the forbidden mabobber be somewhere so open?' and having a conscience, he had some second thoughts. But a unique quote made him ignore this conscience. 
 
'Life is all about taking chances...'
 
   He smiled to himself crossing the bridge. But upon his arrival, all his surroundings were different. Everything seemed so much darker, and so out of place. His clothes were illuminating the area. His hair brushed against his face as the wind blew.
 
Donghae stopped in his tracks when he heard voices. 
 
"Sh. He might hear you! He looks like he's got some cash on him..." The voice whispered.
 
  His eyes widened at the realization. He's crossed the bridge. I took the chance and I'm regretting It! Oh gosh. I am gonna regret this... He quickened his pace to who-knows-where.
 
He didn't get very far. A surprise fist collided with his abdomen. He gasped as sudden tears stung in his eyes. 
 
"Where's your cash?!" A different person spat.
 
"I-I haven't got any cash... Pl-Please let me go, this isn't very nice..." Donghae's tears streamed down, unknown to him. 
 
"HAH! Listen, boss, he said he hasn't got cash...!" The other one laughed.
 
"Bull. He looks as rich as the president. I'll ask once again, where. Is, your cash?!” The alcohol-smelling man tackled Donghae down. 
 
Donghae's shoulder collided with the ground. He winced at the pain. What kind of place is this? Am I in hell? Is that what's across the bridge?
 
"I haven't got an-" They threw him across the hill and watched as he rolled down, hitting several rocks across the way. 
 
"Wasn't that a little harsh?" The somewhat sane person said. 
 
"Just shut up and search him." Immediately, the two followers searched Donghae's pockets. (If he even had any...)
 
"He hasn't got any on him!"  The other said. 
 
"My, my. Even so, he can be some good of use, no? Pretty face, fit body... You know?I have something better to do with him..." Their man smirked.
 
With the last bit of his energy, Donghae looked up at the men. 
 
"Please stop! This is wro-" All he felt was the crash of lips on his, and he out.
 
Fortunately, that's all they got...
 
 
~  *  ~  *  ~
 
  Kyuhyun has been searching for Donghae. He felt bad about leaving his Hyung alone to play an interesting game he recently discovered. 
 
"Where’re you off to?" Yesung's voice came from nowhere. 
 
"Oh dear, GOD!"  Kyuhyun jumped.
 
Yesung raised a brow at the younger.
 
"Oh my god! You've gotta stop doing that... I was off to see Donghae. Have you seen him?" Yesung nodded.
 
"He's out sitting at his usual spot by the lake or the his water cave. I don't know. I'm off now, see ya'." Yesung walked passed Kyuhyun. 
 
Kyuhyun puffed his cheeks and searched the places where Donghae spent time the most. 
 
"Donghae?" He called out.
 
    He's been walking along the lake when a familiar bracelet glistened under the sun. He followed the reflecting light and gasped at the sight. The bracelet that belonged to Donghae was in the middle of the Forbidden Connection.
 
   Oh crap... Kyuhyun got panicky. He couldn't tell Heechul about this. He couldn't tell anyone. Run to get help, or go after him, help, after, help, aft- He felt a drop of water on the tip of his nose. He stepped back, unknowingly stepping on the white arch. 
 
He blinked in realization. Guess I'm going after him. After all, 
 
'Life is all about taking chances...'
 
 He held the silver bracelet his hand and walked across the platform.
 
~  *  ~  *  ~ 
 
"Hmm~ Hyukkie-hyung won't come with us today?" Ryeowook asked with puffed cheeks. 
 
"You've been hanging around Sungmin too much..." Shindong shook his head. 
 
"Ha-Ha, very funny Shindong... Psh. He can my donkey's balls. God." Sungmin angrily slurped his iced cappuccino, getting an instant brain freeze.
 
"Why, Ming? What he do now...?" Leeteuk asked in a bored tone. 
 
"Great, GOD! He, he freaking this! And then, he freaking son of a biscuit do that!" Sungmin's hands twitched in the air. 
 
"I'm pretty sure I heard wrong... This and that? Biscuits can have children? Wow...  And I thought I was finally fluent in Korean..." Hankyung tripped on the curb.
 
Shindong suppressed a smile and Ryeowook laughed heartily. 
 
"No, no, you heard right~ He's just not explaining properly... So, I assume you went all aegyo on him.. Trying to persuade him to come with us, in the end, blowing your head off, him yelling at you saying 'If you wanted me to go with you, you wouldn't be yelling at me like this!' and then slamming his door in your face." Leeteuk described their same routine. 
 
"Uh-uh." Sungmin shook his head. 
 
"WORSE. He told me to off. Can you believe that? OFF? I'm a HYUNG! Rude beefhead." 
 
Leeteuk burst out laughing along with the others. 
 
"Cussing is bad for the health, Sungmin." Leeteuk patted his back. 
 
"He cusses so much, he SHOULD be dead..." Sungmin rolled his eyes. 
 
"Yeah, Eunhyuk swearing twice is counted as 'so much' according to the rabbit..." Shindong imitated, making the others laugh even more.
 
He earned a glare from Sungmin.
 
"You want a fist on your face?" 
 
Sungmin spotted a good-looking young man leaning on the park's lamp post. His head was faced to the ground and his right arm was across his chest. His left hand pinched the bridge of his nose. The latter's position, (from Sungmin's perspective.) was very... Hot.
 
"Yah, Min, what are you looking at?" Shindong poked Sungmin's sides.
 
Sungmin jumped.
 
"N-Nothing!" He stammered. 
 
"Hyung, I swear I saw you checking that dude out..." Ryeowook crossed his arms.
 
"And he says he's not gay..." Hankyung snickered.
 
"I'm NOT! H-He just looks handsome from this angle!" Sungmin protested.
 
"We're all standing at the same spot though..." Ryeowook blinked.
 
"He's crazy, don't listen to him, okay, Wook?" Hankyung laughed.
 
"Sure, sure, of course, Min." Leeteuk ruffled the strawberry blonde's hair. 
 
"B-But I'm not!" Sungmin pouts. 
 
"He's like a vampire... Like an actual EDWARD, standing in front of me..." Sungmin poked his nose to make sure it wasn't bleeding.
 
Shindong and Hankyung snickered. After a few moments, their cackling laughter joined in with Leeteuk's obnoxious type. Sungmin flushed deep pink. He scrunched his nose and glared at the three.
 
"YAH! STOP LAUGHING! IT'S A SIMILE... KINDA!" He crosses his arms.
 
"O-Okay there... S-Sungmin..." Hankyung tried to breathe.
 
"It's okay, Sungmin hyung!" Ryeowook hugged the older. 
 
Sungmin turned while hugging Ryeowook possesively. 
 
"See? At least Ryeongie's nice!" Sungmin stuck his tongue out.
 
"Why don't you go talk to your... PFPFPFPFPF.... VAMPIRE! HAHA!" Shindong clapped. 
 
"You're so loud!" Leeteuk laughed harder.
 
"Speak for yourself! HAH!" They said in unison.
 
After minutes of laughter, (which felt like hours for Sungmin,) the group finally settled.
 
"Ryeong, wanna go over to the swings?" Hankyung suggested.
 
"Do I?" Ryeowook jumped.
 
"Me too! ME TOO! Hyung, push me." Shindong boomed.
 
"Oh damn..." Hankyung cleared his throat and walked over to the swingset.
 
Sungmin bit his lower lip, staring at the mysterious person leaning on the lamp post. Should he go talk to him? 
 
"Yah, your face looks distorted..." Leeteuk poked Sungmin's upper lip.
 
"Y-Yah!" Sungmin blushed.
 
"It's so cute, I can't help it." Leeteuk laughed, taking a seat on the park bench.
 
Should I try talking to him...? Life is all about taking chances, after all... Right? 
 
Sungmin gathered all his courage and walked over to the mysterious man.
 
"You look special with a capital R just leaning here muttering to yourself." Sungmin stated. 
 
He gulped. He didn't mean to say it that way. He was supposed to say 'Hello,' and a new friendship will blossom, right? This, this just made him feel like a creep. Kyuhyun, however, was watching Sungmin from the corner of his eyes. It's mutual feelings, no?
 
Kyuhyun blinked. He examined the older carefully. He his non-existent beard as he traced Sungmin with his eyes. Sungmin blushed, telling himself not to avoid the younger's stare, as it would mean he did like him.
 
"You're the epitome of a feminine man..." Kyuhyun remarked. 
 
"Excuse me?" Sungmin snapped out of his daze. 
 
Kyuhyun only smirked.
 
"Fluffy bunnies appeal to you, don't they?" Kyuhyun crossed his arms. 
 
"What the - Return to your retarded self, please and thank you." Sungmin scoffed.
 
"Can't. You're here. I wouldn't want to embarrass myself in front of such a beautiful 'creature'." 
 
Sungmin blushed. Kyuhyun smirked. The younger walked around the older. 
 
"A-Are you implying that... I-I'm a beast?!" Sungmin retorted.
 
"What suits your fancy... In this case, a very y beast." Kyuhyun subtly winked. 
 
Sungmin could have unleashed his 'moves', but his mind thought otherwise.
 
"What the hell?! Why don't you just sit yourself and your Big down somewhere and be a good little boy!" Sungmin snorted.
 
"Believe me, I'm not that little anymore. And you were looking at my ? Is it a nice view?" Kyuhyun bit his lower lip, stifling much laughter.
 
It took a while for Sungmin to register that in his mind. 
 
"Y-YAH!" Sungmin's eyes widen. He sends a loud smack to Kyuhyun's shoulder.
 
"Stoic..." Hankyung blinked. They heard Sungmin's yell and slap from afar. 
 
"It's not like you weren't looking at mine." Sungmin shot back. 
 
"You're right. I was looking at yours... You have a nice firm one, I see..." Kyuhuyn stared at the older.
 
"S-stop looking at me with your pretty eyes!" Sungmin blurted. 
 
Kyuhyun blushed, but regained his posture quickly. 
 
"I can't help it... Your eyes are mesmerizingly magical..." Kyuhyun breathed.
 
"SHUT THE UP!" Sungmin blushed harder.
 
"I will find out where you hang, I will grab my nunchucks from my hou-" Hankyung walked over and took Sungmin by the shoulders.
 
"I apologize for this... Thing over here... Sorry for bothering." Hankyung chuckled.
 
"The heck! Hyung! Drop me! I'm not done with that bastard!" Sungmin's voice faltered away. 
 
"No problem..." Kyuhyun smirked to himself.
 
 
 
----------------------------
(A/N: Mehh, fail beginning! I should have made it shorter! I'm guessing this'll be a short chaptered series... If I ever finish it... Anyhoo... I hope you likey! Don't forget to comment and subscribe! If you want. Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors! Sadly, I don't correct my work... Please don't forget that this was created on wordpad and that I am merely copying and pasting my already done chapters... Or segments.. Or whatever. Go kick it in the ^^~ Buhbai!)
-----------------------------
 
"Alright! That's a wrap!" I clapped happily.
 
"Geez! When do I get to enter the story?!" Heechul complained. 
 
"Be patient! I never even got in yet!" Kangin sighed, glaring at me intensely.
 
"Get in what?" Heechul teased. 
 
"YAH! DON;T BE A RUDE MOTHERER!" Kangin scolded. 
 
Leeteuk watched as the 'kids', as he liked to call them argue with each other affectionately. He took the seat beside me and sighed dreamily.
 
"I'm so glad you got Hankyung and Heechul in this story! I thought I'd never see them together again..." Leeteuk sighed. 
 
"Obviously. Who else would Heechul have besides Hannie? And Siwon, but that's SiBum..." I shrugged knowingly.
 
"Did you hear the rumor that Hannie was getting married?" Leeteuk clicked his tongue.
 
"WHAT?!" I yelled. He nods cutely.
 
The 'evil' maknae of Super Junior walked up to me. Though I must say, I'm much more evil than Kyuhyun...
 
"You should totally lend me some of your money. I seriously want to update my units, and you know...!" Kyuhyun complained about Starcraft.
 
"Well I'm kind of saving up here!" I retorted.
 
"For what?" Kyuhyun snapped.
 
"CHRISTMAS, DUH!" I flip my bangs.
 
"That's not until December, DUH..." Kyuhyun mocked.
 
"Well unlike SOME people, I actually take a break from playing games and try to be generous enough to buy presents..." 
 
"Oooh, what are you getting me?" 
 
"Who said I was gonna get you anything?!" I teased. His happy face turned into a glare in a snap.
 
"You were sitting there talking about generosity, and I asked you POLITELY, what you were get-" 
 
"Kyu, stop being rude!" Sungmin scolded.
 
"Okay hyung." Kyuhyun subtly pouted.
 
"So, what are you getting me?" Sungmin wriggled his eye brows.
 
"WHAT THE FU-"