Face-to-face

Midnight GHOST!

“What did you... do... to... me... Hye sung...?”

 

Hye sung was frozen from head to toe when he heard the familiar voice of stranger.

 

- Oh my God!!!!

 

He shouted, then dropped the pan and rushed toward the man on the ground.

The kitchen was dark, but its darkness could not hide the familiar face of his friend….his neighbor!

 

 - Ericccc…. are ….are you alive?

 

Hye sung held Eric’s body and shook him badly.

 

- Eric a~~~~ Eric a~~~~~….don’t die….Jebal !what did I do….what did you do? Why you are getting in to my house like a wandering ghost? Erica~~~~…open your eyes please….ah…what should I do now? What can I do? Is he dead? Did I kill him? Oh…am I a killer…? A killer of my best friend…? My shinhwa member…? Everything is finished for me? The headline of tomorrow newspapers is this:

The main vocalist killed the leader!!!????

If a cold hand in the darkness had not been raised and covered Hye sung’s mouth, he would never stop talking to himself at all.

- You won’t be a killer  if…if you JUST stop talking right now and help me to stand on my feet instead of shaking me like this!

 

***

1:00 AM

Eric was lying on the sofa and looking at his protuberant forehead in the mirror angrily. Hye sung was sitting beside him (surprisingly silent) and looking at the masterpiece he had been created on Eric’s head by his own frying pan innocently!

No words exchanged between them for few minutes. Finally Hye sung gathered his courage and opened his mouth to say something, but before he could utter a word, Eric stood  and became face- to- face with him, then immediately put his hand on Hye sung mouth again, madly!

 

- Pil kyo….do you have any relativity with Anne Shirley? You always talk too much. Your voice is like A DRILL’S VOICE in my head at this time and….and….and….(his voice started trembling)….I don’t …..Don’t want to hear…………………………………………………….

 

The voice became weaker and weaker like a whisper and then nothing could be heard from him… again silence reigned. The sentence remained uncompleted.

Hye sung found Eric staring at the depth of his eyes strangely, as if he had never seen them before…during these 14 years of friend ship.

Hye sung showed reaction to Eric’s strange stares and tried to pull himself away, but Eric removed his hand from his mouth and wrapped  it around Hye sung waist. Hye sung tried to free himself, but Eric locked both hands around him and closed Hye sung body to his own.

Eric was doing all of those things unconsciously. There was something enchanting in Hye sung face that made it impossible for Eric to let him go. He wanted to stare at his face all the night until tomorrow…until the next week…..or…until the end of the world!

He continued staring at Hye sung face. His eyes were moving from the eyes to forehead to the cheeks…nose….and the lips of the face in front of him.

Hye sung was shocked by Eric strange looks. He could not even let out a single word from his throat….stone seemed to be more lively than he was, at that moment!

 

- Why you are so damn beautiful tonight?

 

Finally Eric started to talk…

 

- What have you done to your face? Everything is different in my eyes….

 

He touched Hyesung’s face…

 

- Was I blind during these whole years?Is it really you? Hye sung? or I AM dreaming?

 

- Hajimaaaaaaaaaaaaaa….

 

Hye sung came to himself and slapped on Eric’s hand and tried to free his body, but the latter was stronger than him.

The hand continued to touch the face….finally it stopped on the lips…..Eric talked to himself like a crazy man…

 

- Why my heart is beating faster? I don’t understand…what’s happening to me?????

 

Hye sung turned in to a stone again…..

At the same time they both were thinking of one thing….

 

Was it the frying pan effect?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

author's note:

Thanx for reading this story....I'll be glad to see your comments about it (: