The Meeting

Mistake. Maybe Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Oh! New readers! Hello hello fellow shippers. I'm glad to 'meet' y'all.

-----
 

 

“Stop fidgeting, Miyoung.” her dad said in a firm tone.

“Dad, what am I even doing here? I have paperwork to do at the office. I have deadlines. Do I really have to be here?” She turned her attention to her older brother who’s sitting next to him. “Oppa, can I go?” She fronted a pout. “Please, oppa? Please, daddy?” She looked back and forth the two men while pulling her you-can’t-resist-my-cuteness-‘cause-I-am-the-youngest card. 

Her brother sighed. “Not this time, Steph. We need you here. I need you here. Please support us just this once. We’ve always been supportive of you. It’s us who are asking for your support this time.” his voice soft and pleading.


Tiffany frowned while slumping her shoulders. She knows she couldn’t say no when her brother goes all emotional on her. She lost this time. “Damn it for having a dramatic brother.” She suddenly wondered if he’ll pass as an actor if he wasn’t needed in their family business.

“Alright, fine. I’ll just go to the bathroom.”

“Ok but don’t take too long. Our business partners are arriving any moment now.” her father called her out.

“Yes, dad. You got nothing to worry. I won’t be sneaking off if that’s what you’re thinking. I’m not a teenager.” she rolled her eyes

“Stop acting like one then.” she heard her brother’s remark but decided to ignore it and continued to walk away their table.

She immediately fished out her phone and sent a message.

 

 

A petite girl was in the middle of reading some paper when she was interrupted by the sound of her phone. She smiled when it flashed who the sender is but frowned when she read the message.

(I’m sorry. Can’t go on our lunch date. I miss you though. Rain check?)

“Let me guess.. Hm..” she looked up her phone to see her friend walking up to her table, scratching her chin, faking her thinking. “It’s her, isn’t it? Your soon-to-be girlfriend?” her friend teased. “Why the sullen look though?”

“Our lunch is cancelled and we haven’t seen each other for almost a week.”

“Don’t exaggerate, midget. And it’s good to take a break. You guys basically get it on every freakin’ time you meet.” said the girl while making a disgusted look. “Weren’t you supposed to meet her last night?”

“Yeah but I had to finish some proposal last night so I had to cancel.” she answered gloomily

“Oh.. I see.” her friend flashed a big smile and rounded her table. She felt her arms wrap around her shoulders. “Looks like you have no choice but to go to lunch with me, little one.” A pat on her head. “Alright, get up before our break is over and STOP SULKING!” she felt a hard knock on her forehead.


             “Stupid, Soonkyu!” she thought while glaring at the back of her friend who’s starting to walk out of the office.

“If you’re cursing and calling me Soonkyu in your brain, you better stop it now and don’t make me go back and drag you out of your office, Tae.”

Taeyeon could only groan in response.





The first thing Jessica did when their family arrived at the restaurant was to scan the table and look for the possible culprit that would make her life miserable. She saw a young man about her age standing beside the man her father shook hands with moments ago.

“..and this is my eldest, Sooyeon.” she heard her father address to her

The blonde then turned to the old man and shook his hands. “You can call me Jessica, Mr. Hwang.” her voice cold. She then shifted her gaze to the young man who’s now across her at the table. He smiled nervously when he saw her looking but the blonde had no intention of returning the gesture.

“Oh. This is my eldest son, Leo.” said Mr. Hwang when she saw the girl glance at his son. “Please have a seat. We already ordered some food. I hope you all don’t mind.” He flashed a generous smile to everyone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter