Lose Control

Mistake. Maybe Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


So most of you liked the old one more? I thought it was too.. cringey. Not that this one is not but.. I don't know. lol. Anyhows, enjoy. I personally prefer this one :P

______

 

Jessica collapsed on top of her bed as soon as she reached home, burying her face against her pillow. She had a long day and she feels extremely exhausted. Being the heiress of her father’s company is nothing close to the public’s perception of being treated like a princess. Yes, she does have privileges but it isn’t always funtime. Contrary to common beliefs, being the future CEO means having multiple meetings a day, sitting at a conference room listening to the complaints of boring, fat, old men with bellies almost protruding out of their seemingly fitted polo shirts and dealing with stubborn employees. And her job takes every bit of energy left inside her body. She wouldn’t complain though. She would prefer to have these distractions than to think about her marriage to a certain brunette.

 A week has passed since their families met and Jessica tried her hardest to take her mind off the girl and oh is she failing miserably. Tiffany’s smile is the first thing she sees every time she closes her eyes. Jessica doesn’t like this feeling. She feels like she’s losing. And losing was never in her dictionary.

            “Stupid Tiffany.” She groaned against her pillow. “Argh!” her muffled screams of frustration barely heard.


___


“You’ve been choking a lot these past few days, Steph.” Leo said while patting her sister’s back, amused that her sister has been having these fits more often than ever. They were sitting at the couch of Tiffany’s room watching some movie when she started coughing out of the blue.

“I don’t ing know why.” she replied after recovering from her cough. “It happens at random. I mean, seriously, I can even choke on my own saliva. I feel like I’m being cursed.”

“By a certain Jung, probably.” Leo added, a knowing smirk painted on his face. “Ow!” he groaned while clutching his side, feeling his sister’s foot come in harsh contact with his torso.

“Get out!” Tiffany said, annoyed as she kicks her brother. She had enough of his teasing the whole week. “You ungrateful jerk. I saved your from an unwanted marriage and this is how you repay me!” she said, throwing some tantrums.

Her brother tried to shield himself from the kicks he is receiving as he replied to Tiffany. He was still wearing a smile behind the violent behavior. “Alright, I’ll stop if you stop kicking me.” His sister did what she’s told. He saw her catching her breath. He gave him a bright smile. “You will thank us someday. You’ll see.” Leo stood up to leave. He affectionately ruffled his sister’s head on his way out. “Goodnight, lil sis.”  

Tiffany blew some air on her face as soon as the door closed, tearing away the messy hair that managed to cover her face. She scrunched her face.

              “Stupid Jessica.”

___

 

The tension inside the Hwang’s house is undeniably present. Everyone chose to keep their silence as the four of them eat their food. They were halfway through their desserts when someone cleared his throat. The two oldest men shared a glance before one of them hesitantly spoke.

“We kind of have a present for the both of you.” states Mr. Jung.

Both girls looked at him curiously. Jessica with a raise of an eyebrow and Tiffany with a slight frown on her face. The two young women hasn’t spoken a single word with each other nor did they have any interactions the moment the Jungs arrived at their house, as if trying to pretend neither of them exist.

Few seconds later, they saw two of Mr. Hwang’s helpers dragging something behind them as they enter the dining area.

“A luggage?” Tiffany was first to ask.

“What do you want us to do with that?” inquired the blonde, amusement nowhere near her tone.

“Pack your things.”

She couldn’t care less on who replied to her. “And go where?” placing one of her elbows at the table before propping her chin on top of her hand while wearing a look of boredom, Jessica asked, not showing one bit of interest with the matter.

“Your new place.”

Now this, this definitely got her attention. For the first time that evening, Jessica glanced at her supposed-to-be ‘fiance’ and boy, how she hoped she didn’t. The girl is sitting across her, wearing an incredulous expression on her face while her lips, painted crimson red that compliments her milky skin, hang open. And there is nothing Jessica wanted to do but to shut them close with her own. “Hold up, what?! Get yourself together. Goddamnit!”

 Tiffany appears to be as if she’s the embodiment of a woman made into perfection that even Aphrodite, the goddess of beauty herself, is probably reeking from jealousy. Somehow, she made wearin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter