Pabo

Even If It Hurts

"No past experience, no ID, no proof of living quarters." The owner of the Sun Bean lectured. "Your chances of being hired here, Miss..."

"Kim." Taeyeon lied.

"Well, then. Miss Kim, your chances are slim."

"Sunbae, please let her work." Yuri reasoned. "I'll train her! She really needs a job."

Sunbae sighed, "Fine. I'll give her a week." She turned to me. "Miss Kim, your schedule is same as Yuri-ah's." She then looked to Yuri. "Yuri-ah, keep an eye on her. Congratulations, Taeyeon." Sunbae smiled then walked off.

 

"Congrats on getting the job!" Yuri grinned. "It'll be fun. I love the smell of coffee. It's always so nice to smell it when I walk in the room."

Taeyeon smiled, "His apartment always smells like coffee.." She thought aloud.

"His?" Yuri raised her eyebrows. "You live with a guy? Is he your boyfriend?" She seemed extremely curious.

"Anya!" Taeyeon said in a huff. "He's... He's um..."

"Your brother?"

"Opsoyeo!" She shook her head.

"Taeyeon-ah, I can't believe you live with a guy you don't know!" Yuri teased.

Taeyeon blushed in the slightest. She didn't know how to describe Hongki. What exactly was he to her? Honestly speaking, he was her owner, but saying that to any sane person would just freak the person out.

"He's my best friend." Taeyeon finally said. "I live with my best friend."

"Ahh," Yuri sipped her coffee. "Is he cute?"

Taeyeon spit up the tea that she was about to swallow. "Bwoh?!"

Yuri laughed, "Pabo! I asked if he was cute. What's his name?"

"Lee Hongki." Taeyeon smiled to herself at the thought of Hongki's name.

"Yah! Unnie, you're blushing!"

Taeyeon didn't know whether to react at the fact that Yuri had just called her Unnie or the fact that she was blushing because of Hongki. Why was she blushing?!

"I think you like him." Yuri smiled.

"Waeyo? I couldn't like him!" Taeyeon tried to calmly drink her green tea. "He's.."

"I wanna meet him! Unnie, can I see him?"

Yuri's eyes seemed to be so convincing.

"Yah, pabo, drink your coffee." Taeyeon finally answered. "I told you I got locked out."

"If he's your best friend, he'll open the door for you." Yuri stuck her tongue out.