Calm Down!

Even If It Hurts

Hongki treated Taeyeon to breakfast at a nearby bakery. The two enjoyed talking and laughing at a table by the window. While he said there comfortably in a red hoodie and straight cut jeans, Taeyeon sat across from him in a v-cut t-shirt, skinny jeans, and ankle boots. For a clumsy girl, she was managing the heels, or lack thereof, very well.

"Yah," Hongki swallowed the bit of omelette in his mouth. "So you remember everything that I've ever told you?"

This question had been on his mind ever since Taeyeon sang his own song back to him. Never before had he heard someone sing one of his songs. Almost always, it was his voice that he heard reciting the words. It was an interesting case that he was still playing in his head. Listening to her voice, it was a wonderful change.

Taeyeon smiled, "Neh." She took another bite of her biscuit then began to talk again. "You talk a lot."

Hongki glared, "Aigoo." He put a napkin in front of Taeyeon's face. "Don't talk with your mouth full."

"Mianheyo." Taeyeon laughed. "I'm just kidding. It's fun listening to you. You're funny."

"Jinja?" Hongki lit up suddenly.

Taeyeon nodded. Her red tinted hair fell to either side of her face neatly.

"Well, I'm glad I can amuse you." Hongki grinned. This secretly made him happier than he showed. Of course, showing her excitement would not be something that he would want to do. That's just embarassing.

"Oh," Taeyeon grabbed Hongki's arm.

Hongki looked taken back at the fact that she made physical contact with him. It was the first time anyone had ever really held onto him ever since his parents left. Of course, any contact with JiMin wasn't the same.

"Komawo for the bracelet, Oppa." She showed him her wrist. "I love it!"

"A-Aneyo." Hongki stuttered.

"Hongki-ah!" Someone called from across the room.

The two friends looked towards whoever was calling.

"Ah, anyeong, chingu!" Hongki stood up to hug his friend. "Taeyeon-ah, this is Jonghyun."

"Anyeonghaseyo." Taeyeon stood up and bowed. He was very handsome, Taeyeon thought to herself.

"New girlfriend?" Jonghyun asked Hongki.

Jonghyun was an attractive guy with an innocent face. He wore a plain t-shirt and jeans that made him appear friendly to anyone that spotted him.

"Anya," Hongki replied calmly. "Just an old friend."

"Yeh," Taeyeon nodded.

"Arasso." Jonghyun grinned. "If that's the case, Taeyeon-sshi, would you like to get coffee sometime?"

Hongki's face turned red. "Bwoh?"

Taeyeon's face seemed to turn the exact same shade. She nodded with a slight smile.

Jonghyun grabbed Taeyeon's hand and began writing his number on her skin.

Taeyeon giggled from the feeling.

Jonghyun smiled then bowed to the two. He walked away unknowingly leaving his friend speechless.

Hongki and Taeyeon sat back down.

"What was that about?" Hongki found himself glaring at Jonghyun.

Taeyeon shrugged. "He was nice."

"Taeyeon-ah, do you know what a date is?"

The girl thought for a moment. "Anya."

"It's usually what happened when a guy likes you." Hongki answered seriously.

"Ah," Taeyeon nodded. "Who's going on a date?"

"You!"

"Bwoh?!"

"Jonghyun just asked you out for coffee! That's a date!" Hongki raised his voice.

"Yah, what's the problem?" Taeyeon hushed him. "He seemed nice."

"He is nice, but--"

"Hongki-ah, it's just coffee. Calm down!"