Kwon Yuri

Even If It Hurts

Taeyeon fell asleep in a little bundle on the floor. She stayed in a little corner, for the first time experiencing exhaustion.

Little did she know, Hongki woke up already and wasn't aware of anything.

As the sun began to shine, its beams hit Taeyeon's eyes. They fluttered open. She stretched her frail arms and sat upright.

Taeyeon looked about the room. The sound of the shower became the apartment's soundtrack.

She her lips, "So this is what the entire living room looks like."

The sound suddenly stopped.

Taeyeon began to panic as she heard footsteps coming her way.

"Omo!" She scrambled behind the couch.

Hongki walked into the living room with only a towel around his waist.

Taeyeon's eyes grew larger as she saw his bare chest. His perfectly chiseled abdomen seemed to just look right back. Biting her tongue, Taeyeon tried not to stare as she attempted to hide herself.

"Taeyeon-ah?" Hongki walked around, a look of worry plastered all over his face at the sight of his missing companion. "Taeyeon!" He ran towards her empty pedestal.

Taeyeon hugged her knees to her chest. Her heartbeat grew faster as Hongki got closer. Luckily, he didn't see her.

"The police won't think anything of it if I say that my mannequin was stolen." Hongki shook his head. He closed his eyes in frustration. "I can't do anything about this right now. I'll be late for class." He ran to his room to change.

Taeyeon seized this moment as an opportunity to escape before Hongki could see her. She dashed for the door. The girl looked at the doorknob.

"What is this?" She grabbed it. She didn't know how to work this thing. Slowly and cautiously, Taeyeon turned the knob. And with even more caution, she closed the door behind her as quietly as she could.

"I-I--Where do I go?!" Taeyeon ran down the street.

Millions of people bumped into her, leaving her speechless.

"Excuse me--" She tried to speak. No one would listen.

It was bound to happen, she thought as someone pushed into her, sending her to the floor.

"Aish!" She exclaimed.

"Yah!" Another girl ran past Taeyeon to the man that knocked her over. "Have some manners!"

The man paid no attention.

The girl ran back to Taeyeon and helped her on her feet. "Gwenchaneyo?"

Taeyeon nodded silently. "Kansamnida." She bowed.

She smiled. "You should be careful. You were walking against the crowd."

"Oh."

"Are you new here?"

"Um, I-I..."

"Are you a foreigner?" The girl chuckled.

"Anya! I'm just lost." Taeyeon explained. "I haven't been outside--I mean, out in a while."

The girl nodded. "I'm Yuri. Kwon Yuri."

Yuri was very pretty, Taeyeon thought to herself. She wore a plain white v-neck t-shirt with simple dark blue skinny jeans. Her non-flashy Pumas suited her frame as well as did the plain silver bracelet around her wrist.

"Taeyeon." She smiled.

"Where do you live?" Yuri looked around.

"Uh... Back there." Taeyeon pointed in the direction of Hongki's apartment.

"Why are you out so early?" Yuri laughed. Her eyes formed little U's as she smiled.

"I got locked out of my apartment?" Taeyeon lied. She had to think of a better story.

Yuri nodded. "Well, my boyfriend just left for work, and today is my day off. You want to have some coffee?"

"Sure!" Taeyeon became excited shortly, but then she thought more into it. "But I don't have any money."

"You don't have a job?"

"Anya." Taeyeon shook her head in embarrassment.

"Hey! Why don't we stop by where I work?" Yuri said, clearly excited. "We can get you a job!"

This Yuri character was becoming a very good friend to Taeyeon, and they only knew each other for less than ten minutes.