Chapter 2

I'm Sorry

“Ahyoung! Are you ready to go to school?” my mom called out as I skipped downstairs in my uniform.

“Yup! I’m all good!” I smiled as my mom and I walked out of our house and she drove me to my school.

“Bye mom!” I said as I waved goodbye and walked through the school gates.

“Morning Ahyoung!”

“Hey Ahyoung!”

I simply smiled and waved at the people greeting me in the morning. I bowed to the teachers as I walked through the hallways to my class.

“Hey Ahyoung!” Hyunmi said excitedly to me as she waved at me.

“Good morning Hyunmi!” I smiled as I sat next to her and unpacked my things to get ready for the class hour.

--

“So… are you free next week?” Hyunmi asked me after class ended.

“Hmm, I don’t know, why?” I asked.

“Because it’s my birthday party silly!” Hyunmi playfully smacked my arm as I laughed.

“Of course I’m free next week. You wouldn’t let me hear the end of it if I didn’t come to your birthday party,” I rolled my eyes and laughed.

“Remember to wear something spiffy! All the cute guys will be there,” Hyunmi winked at me as I rolled my eyes again. *I know Hyunmi, you would only invite the cute guys with the best personalities, but too bad I already have someone I like…*

--

“Yo! Ahyoung! Hyunmi!” we both turned out heads to the direction of whoever was calling us and smiled.

“Hey Kai!” Hyunmi greeted him in a cheery voice as I just smiled and waved.

“So Kai, coming to my party next week?” Hyunmi asked as we started to walk around the school since we had an off hour.

“Of course Hyunmi, anything for one of my best friends,” Kai said. I looked over at Hyunmi and saw her secretly blushing. *You know I platonically love you Hyunmi but you haven’t been childhood friends with me and Kai so stop liking Kai cause I liked him first…*

I stopped walking and walked over to the wall and starting to bump my forehead on it. *Stop. Being. So. Jealous. Of. One. Of. Your. Best. Friends.*

Kai ran over and stopped me from continuing to bump my forehead onto the wall.

“Ahyoung, what are you doing? Are you sick?” Kai asked worriedly.

I faked a smile as I rubbed my forehead. “It’s nothing Kai, just tired, that’s all.”

Kai looked at me suspiciously but dropped the topic.

“We should go shopping for Ahyoung! She needs a dress for my party!” Hyunmi squealed as I groaned.

“No shopping, please. I’m sick of trying on clothes after another,” I said as I walked away from them but Kai and Hyunmi each grabbed my arm and dragged me outside.

“Nope, we’re going to buy you a dress whether you like it or not,” Kai said with a smirk and Hyunmi smiled.

--

“I can’t believe you guys actually bought a dress for me, and I like the dress. This is the most shocking day of my life…” I said as I plopped myself onto the couch in my apartment and Hyunmi and Kai laughed.

Hyunmi’s phone rang so she excused herself and that left Kai and I in a room alone.

We didn’t talk about anything because there really wasn’t anything to talk about… we did all the talking at the mall.

“Sorry guys, I have to go now. My parents are being prissy,” Hyunmi said as she walked into the room.

“It’s fine, see you Hyunmi!” Kai and I waved goodbye as she left my apartment. That left us with silence again.

“Hey… Ahyoung. Can I ask you a question?” Kai asked as I turned my attention to him.

“Sure, go ahead. We aren’t best friends for nothing, right?” I showed a small smile.

“Um… do you think Hyunmi is dating anyone?” Kai asked me shyly as he scratched the back of his neck and my heart stopped for a second.

“I think she would’ve told us if she was dating anyone, don’t you think?” I said to Kai, scared of what he would say next.

“That’s a relief,” Kai whispered as he clutched his chest.

“Why?” I asked him. I mentally hit myself when I asked that.

“Because… I kind of like her…” Kai said shyly as I stopped breathing and just looked at him. *Even he doesn’t feel that way for me and we’ve been friends since childhood…* I looked down, disappointed.

“That’s… great,” I faked a smile as Kai looked at me.

“Really? So, what I wanted to ask was, do you think I should ask her out this weekend? On her birthday?” Kai asked me. I held in my tears and I looked up at him.

“That’d probably be the best present she’d get,” I forced a laugh.

“You think she’ll accept me?” Kia asked me nervously.

“Haha, are you kidding me? Do you see the way she acts around you? She would say yes before you would even finish the question,” I laughed quietly as Kai’s eyes widened.

“Chincha? She likes me back?” Kai looked surprised.

“Of course she does, you pabo,” I forced a smile. “It’s getting late, you should get home Kai.”

Kai looked over at the time and quickly gathered his things.

“Shoot! I forgot to tell my mom about me coming home late. Bye Ahyoung!” Kai said as he rushed out the door.

“Bye Kai…” I whispered as I quietly walked to the door and locked it then I walked into my bedroom, locked that door and threw myself onto the bed.

I started to cry out loud, not caring if the neighbors can hear me. I muffled my cries into my pillow and spent the rest of the night crying.

After a few hours of crying my eyes out, I stopped and walked over to the mirror.

“I look awful… Just forget about Kai…” I mumbled to myself. I glanced over at the clock and saw that it was 2 in the morning.

“Mom must be working night shift today…” I said as I cleaned my face and went back to bed.