Round 2... START!

It started on 25th december

~Round 2 Start! ~

 

They then focus on each other’s movement, circling around the room. Then Umi first took actions, she ran towards Haruna, she wanted to hit Haruna forehead as it is easy for her. Since Umi is taller than Haruna by 5cms. Unfortunately, Haruna block it with her temporarily bokken. They then used their arms strength. Their bokken made a ‘cross’ shape. Haruna then back off to catch the right timing but Umi was too fast. Umi used her bokken to hit on Haruna’s knee which made Haruna’s leg weaken. Umi then ‘hook’ her bokken with Haruna’s and hurled it towards her back which hit the door. Haruna then know that she still need a lot of practice, as she knee down on the floor.

 

“Pang!” The loud sound from Umi’s room shocked the People outside her door. “What happen?!” Yamada jumped. “Umi!” Ryutaro shouted running to Umi’s door, knocking loudly and continuously. Followed by Inoo and the others who joined in. They were too serious that they did not notice that Daiki was already there before them.

 

Daiki could not do anything because the next thing he knew was, everyone was beside him.  Umi shot Haruna a look which means that she want Haruna to open the door instead of her.  Haruna tried to stand but the pain take control. Umi then give Haruna a helping hand. Haruna smiled showing her thankfulness. And turned the door knob.

 

Since the door swing open all the sudden, Ryutaro accidentally ‘punch’ Haruna at her forehead, As he was much taller than Haruna. Haruna stood rooted to the ground she stared at Ryutaro who was as shocked as she is. “Gomen!” Ryutaro clapped his hand, bowing. “I’m fine.” Haruna said walking out of Umi’s room, blur. Umi, who is right behind Haruna laugh ‘secretly’.

 

Chapter 2: Snowing! It is getting close to Christmas!

“Ok! Let’s see what happen… in the work room!” Inoo beamed connecting the camera to the TV. But the people behind him who knew what had had happened in that room turned strawberry. “Hey! This is not fair! Why must you record it?!” Yuto sulk, not wanting people to know what he did. “Yeah!” Yuki supported Yuto. “ Inoo! How can you do this?!” Yamada screamed at inoo, remembering what JUST happened. “But it is going to be fun.” Chinen grinned. “Anyway what exactly happen in the room?” Yuya asked in curiosity. “Yeah! What?!” Keito said in his British pretence. Hikaru knew that something interesting will be seen on the TV screen, giving him the chance to tease people. Yabu just shrugged. “You will see…” Inoo smirked. Umi watched Inoo’s movement the whole time and get the sense that he is somehow sly…

 

Haruna put a packet of ice on her forehead, ignoring the pain. Umi felt much better as she was in a good mood, she won Haruna again so she is willing to come out of her room .Yuki stole a glance at Yuto who is sitting beside her but somehow their eyes meet, making them blush. Yamada and Chinen who were sitting beside Haruna gaze at her. Yuya was sitting 1m in front of Yamada on other the sofa (vertical arrangement.), Yabu beside him. Hikaru lay down on another sofa, a small glass table between his sofa and Yuya’s. Daiki sit next to Ryutaro, Ryutaro sit next to Umi. Yuto and Yuki were sitting on the plastic chairs beside Yamada.  Daiki was trying to eardrop what Ryutaro was asking her.

 

“What movie does you like the most?” Daiki heard Ryutaro. “Transformer! Of course!” Umi shouted, changing her character. Everyone stared at her weirdly except her close friends, they laughed at her. She is showing her real self.  “Really? I like them too! They were awesome!” Ryutaro and Inoo chorused. “I like the third one.” Daiki mumbled but as always no one hears him. Daiki then frowned. Haruna, who cannot stand Daiki for being SO timid, she stand up and ‘dragged’ Daiki to the kitchen. Yamada and Chinen exchanged glances. Umi just watched them until they disappear into the kitchen. “What happen, Koizumi-san?!” Daiki gave Haruna an innocent look which annoyed her more.

 

“Dai-chan…I…” Haruna said being so serious that somehow sent shivers down Daiki’s spine. “Hai?”  Daiki’ voice was shaky. Daiki: Dai-chan? Girls are scary… Then Daiki noticed that Haruna was red. Then a weird guessing flashed into Daiki’s mind. Daiki: Why is she red? Don’t tell me… Haruna: Why is he staring weirdly at me? Can’t he see that I am angry because he is too timid and let his crush be snatched away by some other guys? “Dai-chan…I have something to confess…” After hearing this Daiki said firmly louder than he intended to. “I am sorry! I cannot accept you!”  A question mark pop out of Haruna’s mind… then she laughed.

 

 . “I am sorry! I cannot accept you!” Daiki’s voice could be heard. Yamada and Chinen exchange glances. Umi and Yuki raised their eyebrows; they know something is not right. The other HSJ members looked at each other. Hikaru grinned, he can tease someone now.

 

“Dai-chan! You misunderstand! I don’t like you! No, I like you. No! I mean I don’t love you! I like you as a friend!” Haruna saw the confused look on Daiki’s face as she whispered. “Demo… you say that you want to confess…” Daiki voice trailed off. “Yes I want to confess something but! What I want to confess is I cannot stand you being so timid!” Haruna whispered. After hearing that he blushed. “Don’t worry! I will try my best to help you. Don’t let Umi know… that I am helping you.” Haruna continued. “Why?” Daiki asked still blushing. “She wants to catch her happiness by herself that’s why. But I am her friend. I cannot stand there and do nothing right?” Haruna said softly. “But why you help me not Ryutaro or inoo?” Daiki asked. “Because I can’t stand you being so timid. And I think you matched her.” Haruna beamed.

 

“They are long…” Yuya said as he gazes at the clock. “The video is ready too…” Keito add on. Hikaru broke into the widest smile, Yabu noticed and cringed. “Dai-chan and Koizumi-san!  Are you all kissing?!” Hikaru bellowed. Everyone stared at Hikaru. Yamada and Chinen remained silence as they are imagining what Hikaru said. Umi and Yuki exchanged glances, ‘reading’ each other mind. Yamada and Chinen stand up at the same time and walked towards the kitchen.

 

“Dai-chan and Koizumi-san!  Are you all kissing?!” Hikaru loud voice could be heard. “What?! N-” Daiki was going to shout back but Haruna cover his mouth in time to stop the ‘No’. “Don’t! With this Umi might be jealous! So… don’t say anything! We need to win this game! If they asked if we are going out just smile. Kay?”  Haruna said trying to convince him, so he can have more confident in himself.  Daiki agreed and followed Haruna walking out of the kitchen.

 

Haruna saw Chinen and Yamada walking towards her as she looked up.  “You are going out with Daiki?” Chinen asked as he looked right into Haruna’s eyes. Yamada, who is standing beside Chinen can’t say anything as his line is being snatched by his friend. Out of 100% her answer will be ‘No, We are not going out.’ But thinking about Umi and Daiki and what she just said to Daiki, she can’t take back her words. She saw Umi looking, so she decided to smile. Ignoring everyone’s gaze, she did. But her heart wishes that she has not. She takes in a deep breath before walking to the sofa.

 

“So… Daiki and you are going out?” Hikaru asked for the third time. But again Haruna gave him a small smile. So Hikaru decided to ask his friend. Daiki too, follow Haruna. Hikaru then get annoyed. “So what does Haruna’s smile means?!” He screamed turning to Umi who didn’t response, then to Yuki. “I don’t know.” Yuki shrugged. By then Hikaru was pissed off, so he just remain silence.

 

Haruna can feel that Chinen and Yamada were staring at her. But she just stared at the TV screen as Inoo pressed on the play button. So they take their eyes off her, and stare at the TV screen instead. Then the screen shows that Inoo and Ryutaro placed the camera on the flower pot, but the plant block it from people’s normal view. “So that’s where you hide it!” Yuto shouted pointing at the screen. “Clever desho?” Inoo smirked. “Not really. I saw the camera.” Umi said, smirking back at Inoo. The TV screen shows a skinny figure which is Inoo and Ryutaro; they took out sushi (plural form) out of Inoo’s back pack and placed them nicely on the table.

 

The screen then show the first fated ‘couple’ who walked in and saw the sushi on the wooden table. There are two chairs behind the table. Yuto sit on the inner seat while Yuki   sit next to his.  There was an awkward silence as they were both blushing.

“Um, if you don’t mind please eat the sushi first…” Yuto voice trailed off, as she needs to back his saliva, his eyes on the sushi.

 

“Haha! Yuto! Your saliva is ‘dripping’ from your mouth!” Hikaru laughed out loud.  Keito clapped his hands. Umi somehow burst out laughing making the people who have a crush on her laugh too. Yuki and Yuto tried to hide her blush by lowering their head. They tried not to meet each other’s eyes when they stole a glance at each other. But if they do, maybe they will burn. Yuya and Yabu tired to hold their laughter but obviously failed. Haruna cover , trying her very best not to laugh. Chinen bit his lower lip. Yamada pinch himself.

 

Then the of the fated first ‘couple’ began when Yuki pop the sushi full with wasabi into . Luckily, Yuto did not forget the game is going on so he proposes to her. Let’s see how Yuto proposes. “Tanaka Yuki! I love food so do you?!” Yuto bellowed, standing up. At the same time, Yuki felt the spicy taste in , this is known as wasabi. She heard Yuto; she nods, pinching her nose. She is turning to tomato; she then grabbed a bottle of plain water in front of her and consumes the water. “So… You love food too! Then let’s marry each other! Since we both love food and I will cook for you everyday!  But I don’t know will you grow fat so we will go exercise everyday!” Yuto shouted nodding at every sentence says. Yuki immediately spilt out the water when she heard the ‘let’s marry each other!’ part, she stared weirdly at Yuto. Then the bell could be heard. It is time for the next participles!

 

“Good Job!” Haruna give Yuki a thumb up. Umi smile at Yuki who is red, burning. Yamada nudged Yuto who is laughing away. “So Yuki you should reply to Yuto now!” Hikaru crazy idea made Yuki blush even more. “Yeah. Yeah The next team is up!” Yuto said pointing to screen. Yamada and Haruna blushed. Chinen grin.

 

Yamada and Haruna then appear into the room. They looked around, not wanting to meet each other’s gaze. “Koizumi-san… No, Haruna.” Yamada turned and look into Haruna’s eyes. Haruna blushes, she then spotted the plain water in front of her, so she point to the water. Yamada who got interrupted nods. Haruna then take a sip and put it down gently.

 

“Whoa… Like real couple…” Yuya said observing their actions. “Yamada! You are so very ‘man’! Koizumi-san… No, Haruna.” Hikaru made dramatic actions. Making Yamada to protest. “No! I just follow the game rules! You know I am a good actor!”

 

“Haruna, we have know each other for so long, I love you since we first meet. You are the special someone in my life. Will you marry me?” Yamada said turning strawberry. Haruna nods, smiling and blushing but then whisper something to Yamada. “Don’t you suppose to ask me to eat the sushi first?” Haruna whispered. “Yeah! I forgot! Um, Haruna-chan that’s what I have to practice for my new drama. It matches the atmosphere right?” Yamada laughed. “Yeah! Your acting is perfect! I thought you really are proposing to me!” Haruna laughed.

 

“Wow! Sudden change of storyline! They are both good at acting!” Ryutaro laughed. “Ryo-chan, you forgot to ask her to eat her sushi right! Haha! You lose your coolness for forgetting that!” Yuto nudged Yamada back. “Urusai!” Yamada buried his face with the cushion. “They are a good match don’t you think?” Yuya asked Yabu. Haruna noticed that Chinen actually sulk beside her.  Daiki laughed quietly. Yuki show her friend the thumb up back.  Umi somehow smirked.

“Ok, then will you try eating the sushi?” Yamada asked lowering his face.

“Sure…” Haruna nods as she pop one tuna sushi into , then the taste of the wasabi make tears welled up in her eyes. Yamada stared at her weirdly. Yamada: Why is she ‘crying’? “You ok?” He asked, being concerned. Haruna cover and her nose with her right hand, while using her left hand to show peace sign.

 

 

Yamada decided to continue his mission. “Um… Actually, who do you want to marry? Yuya or Yabu or Hikaru or Me?”  Haruna see that coming but, between the HSJ jump members? But her answer is obviously Yamada. But before she could answer, the door flew open, Chinen ran in. Yamada and Haruna stared at Chinen. Chinen then grabbed Haruna’s right wrist, pulling her towards him. Yamada stand up and grabbed Haruna’s left wrist, pulling her. Haruna could feel that something is not right. Seeing the cold gaze in the boys’ eyes. She somehow could feel the electrical current flow pass her.

 

“I won’t give her to you...” Chinen squeezed Haruna’s wrist. Sending shivers down her spine.  “So will I.” Yamada smirked. Chinen smirked back at him. “: But too bad, I am her boyfriend.” Yamada beamed. Shot him a glare, ignoring the flowers blooming inside her.  She did not imagine them being so… ‘Beep’.  “We are going to get marry.” Chinen smiled, looking at Haruna. Haruna tired to smile but failed. “Then we are getting married one day before you.” Yamada said making faces at Chinen. “I am her husband.” After hearing this, Yamada was stunned. He did not know what to say. Chinen grinned widely. Haruna was frozen. By then the bell rang for the next coupleS.

 

“… So who get to marry her?” Hikaru asked.  “Me, of course!” Yamada bellowed. “But too bad, I win.” Chinen grinned. Haruna’s eyes darting from left to right, biting the lower lips, not knowing what to do.  Chinen and Yamada continued to quarrel. The other HSJ members stared at the guys in disbelief, as they seldom quarrel. Haruna send pitiful look to her buddies. Umi rolled her eyes. And speak out, “Why don’t you let Haruna chose herself?”  Now all eyes are on her. She smiled weirdly, ‘thanking’ Umi for her ‘help’. “Um…” She stared at Daiki. Daiki cringed, slightly shaking his head. Yamada’s and Chinen’s gaze made her feel uncomfortable.

 

The HSJ members follow her gaze. And saw their friend, Daiki. “Koizumi-san, you want Daiki right?” Yuto asked, staring at his best friends instead. Yamada and Chinen face fall.  “I see…  So you are interested in our Dai-chan?” Hikaru said, nodding. Daiki’s face was ashen, he was petrified. Haruna‘s heart pounded wildly but she crack her brain and come out with a solution. She took in a deep breath before stuttering.

 

“A-Actually, I-I prefer Takaki-san…”

 

Everything was silent, awkward silence. Yuya could not believe his ears (It always happen- he always miss out the most important part), but this time he heard it loud and clear. Umi was aghast. Yuki stare at the taller boy beside her. Yuto did the same thing. Yamada stood dead, Chinen sulked, and both their hearts were broken into million pieces. Like the knife has just stabbed through it. Daiki let out a sigh of relief.

 

The other members started to cheer. Hikaru nudge Yuya. Yuya‘s mouth was agape. He doesn’t know whether to laugh or to cry. Yabu smiled at for his friend.  Inoo jumped towards Yuya and hugged him. Haruna then saw Yamada and Chinen faces, but she doesn’t understand, what is wrong with them. She smiled at them, cause every time she saw people looking sad she will smile at them to cheer them up. Before they can reply, Hikaru burst out…

 

“Koizumi-san is blushing! Yuya! Are you fine with Koizumi –san being your wife?”

 

“Nani?!” Haruna bellowed, as she stared at Hikaru who is standing beside Yuya.

 

Yuya stared at Haruna for some time before saying, “I don’t mind…”

 

Haruna blush till she is burning. Umi nearly banged the table. Yuki and Yuto continued to play the staring game. The other members, excluding Yamada and Chinen, were cheering. Yuya smile shyly.

 

The HSJ members continuing cheering but after Umi and Daiki appeared on the TV screen, everything went silence. The Daiki in the TV somehow was alarmed as he accidentally tripped over the carpet on the floor, but stood up immediately after he fell. His actions look like penguin, trying to slide down the ice.

 

Some of them try to hold their laughter. Daiki nearly die out of embarrassment. He mumbled something but no one seems to notice.  Umi take the seat nearer to the door as Daiki take the inner seat.

 

“Um, Umi... Arioka…”Daiki voice trailed off, as she stared at Umi right in front of him. “Hai?”  Umi try not to smile, she wanted to have a serious look on her face. Daiki heart skipped a beat, his lips quivering.

 

“Arioka-san”

“Yes?”

“Um…”

“Hm?”

“I…”

“Yeah?”

“I want to say something.”

“Kay...”

“I…You…”

“Huh? You are muttering!”

“Nothing.”

“Come on… Don’t swallow your words! Look up and say it properly!” Umi was kind of pissed off; she clutched Daiki shoulder, forcing him to tell her his story. Sweat streaming down his face, he is turning as white as sheet. By then, Daiki gather all his courage.

 

“Can you eat the sushi?”

“Sure.” Umi masticated one of the left-over tuna sushi. She then glared at the ceiling. Tears welled up in her eyes but immediately, she turned her body to face the wall where the camera cannot capture her face.

 

 “Clever!” Hikaru exclaimed, nodding.

“Thank you.” Umi smirked.

“I should put the camera on the bookshelves!” Inoo snapped.

Umi smirked with pride.

 

Daiki then take actions. He whispered something to Umi. Umi turned to Daiki. Now, the camera is useful again. Umi smiled. Not her normal cunning smile, it is the best smile she ever shows.

 

Everyone stared at her, yes, including her best friends. “That was a nice smile, Umi-chan.” Chinen grinned, his smile brighten up the whole atmosphere. “What did he say to you?” Ryutaro asked. “Something I will never forget?” Umi asked back. Daiki lowered his head. Blushing. “Umi! Tell us!” Yuki pleaded. “That will remain a secret.” Umi smiled at Daiki.

 

“I should change my thinking about Daiki. He might be better than I think… To make Umi smiled like that. I should continue with my plan. ” Haruna thought to herself.

 

Then the TV screen show Inoo and Ryutaro rushing to the room. “Umi, will you marry me? After all the things we have been through, I realized that my feelings for you is more than a friend’s. I don’t really know how to explain but all can I say is I love you.” Umi choked on the drink that Ryutaro passed to her. As Ryutaro have an innocent look that Umi in. Making her believe in him. She also realized that the drink taste horrible. It is crimson in colour, which means tomato blended with pepper. Its tastes the worst, the taste will make her remember it for her whole life. Before she can even think of the answer, Inoo hold her left hand and bring in closer to his chest. Umi was stunned for a second, but did not show her true colour.

 

“Umi Arioka-san, I know that you have a weird personality, but that’s what I like   about you. I like the cunning, evil, cool, awesome, selfish, rude, negative, everything about you. Even if you say I am digesting, I will take it, because it is my true feelings, and I can’t lie to myself anymore. You are cute. I want you. I need you. I LOVE YOU.” Inoo said his left knee on the floor. 

 

The peppers in make her want to die. She is still choking on them.  After she heard inoo she became redder. But no one will notice it except Haruna. Umi then kicked the table, but luckily the things on the table did not come crashing down. She ran out of the room.  The three vegetables were frozen.  But actually, Umi just wanted to hide her red face.

 

“WOW! Inoo-chan and Ryu-chan, your proposal is so romantic!” Hikaru voice boomed.

 

“Yeah, that’s awesome.” Keito nodded his head.

 

“I like how they both say it… By the way, Arioka-san, what did you say?” Haruna phrased it perfectly, she really want to know what he said.

 

Yamada and Chinen stared at her again because of the first sentence she said.

“Next time.” Daiki looked away from Haruna gaze; he knew what her movitived is. To help him with Umi. But another reason because Chinen and Yamada were staring at him like they are going to eat him up.

 

Umi pretends not to notice, she don’t know whether what is going on between Haruna and Daiki. She is actually quite soft inside. She don’t like to show people what she is thinking about. She like to keep it to herself, sometimes is beyond her limit, even if she wanted to tell someone, she can’t  find the right or wrong words, she must be really close to that person then she can tell her heart out.

 

“Kay… So who is the best couple?” Ryutaro asked a good question.

 

“Um… I think is Either Arioka-san and Umi-chan or Nakajima-san and Yuki-chan.” Haruna mumbled.

 

“But I prefer Koizumi-san, Yama-chan and Chii-chan.” Yuya demurred.

 

“I think AriokaS-san is the best” Hikaru giggled.

 

“Me too” Yuki agreed.

 

“Why?” Daiki asked.

 

“Cause, your speech remains a mystery and Umi seems really happy for a second?” Yabu scratched his head.

 

“Secretive and mystery… I like that.” Umi nodded slowly.

 

“What time is it now?” Keito asked suddenly.

 

“6.15?” Inoo answered, as he looks up to the wall behind the TV.

 

 “You are so observant. Inoo-kun.”  Haruna stared at her watch.

 

Yamada then look out of the window to see whether the sky is dark or not, when he notices…

 

“Masaka… Yuki da!” Yamada enthused.

 

“Eh? Snowing?” Chinen tip-toe to look out of the window.

 

“Snow! Yeah!” Haruna jumped.

 

“Sigh…” Umi sighed.

 

“I want to play in the snow…” Yuto’s voice trailed off as he gazed at the snowflakes falling down.

 

“Me too. Anyway, Haru-chan, I am hungry” Yuki rubbed her hands.

 

 

Haruna stood up and walked towards the kitchen.

 

“What are we having today?” Umi glared at Haruna, giving her hints that she does not want any of her new recipes. Because, not long ago, Haruna created her own recipe which tasted horrible for Umi. But Haruna and Yuki just love it.

 

Haruna paused a while and gave Umi a cunning look but to Umi, it failed. All the HSJ members remained silence.

 

“My new recipe.” Haruna smirked.

 

Umi rolled her eyes. “What the hell…” She said under her breath.

 

“Uso des.” Haruna smiled sweetly.

 

“Then?” Yuki asked.

 

“…Curry rice,” Haruna muffled.

 

“Fine. Since I like the curry you cook the best. It’s not too strong.” Umi somehow got hungry.

 

“Curry? My favourite!” Hikaru exclaimed enthusiastically

 

“I am sort of hungry now too…” Ryutaro murmured softly.

 

“Would you all like to have dinner here?” Haruna enquired since she sense that they wanted to stay for dinner and it is snowing too.

 

“It’s alright. We will be going soon.” Yabu answered, but later noticed all his teammates glared at him.

 

Haruna then walked into the kitchen and prepared the things she needs. Yamada then stand up and sashayed to the kitchen. Followed by Chinen, who chased after him.

 

 

“What are you all going to do in there?”  Yuya asked.

 

“I want to help.” Yamada answered immediately.

 

“Me too.” Chinen answered after Yamada.

 

Haruna then noticed Yamada and Chinen walked into the kitchen. They stood beside the refrigerator and tried not to look at Haruna. Haruna stared at them weirdly but soon get back to work.

 

Chinen was always faster than Yamada. He went forward to ask what he can do to help her. She thinks for awhile before instructing him to take out the ingredient in the refrigerator.   Yamada cannot do anything but stared at them. To make it worse, Yamada saw Chinen smirked slightly and that Chinen is so near to Haruna.