First day at camp

The Apple Tree

 

 

The coach journey was long and tiring even though all we did was sit. We all had to get to school very early in the morning and carry all our necessities along with us. When we arrived at the unknown location, people groaned as they were adjusted to their seat and didn’t like the sight of too much greenery and no sign of free wifi. The teacher shouts at everyone for being so ungrateful when everything we need is in Mother Nature’s hands and told us that we can choose our pair in hope of making us happier. A millisecond after he said ‘choose a pair’ Daehyun quickly linked arms with me and claimed me as his other half. Just great, three days and two nights with Daehyun.

The campsite owner gave each pair a map to their cabin. She dismissed us and said to settle in your cabin and meet at the main cabin at 1:00pm. Everyone went away in their pairs to the unknown like lost puppies. I and Daehyun stared at our map that stood before us wondering what it was trying to say. The map was like talking a foreign language to us. The dashed lines that lead to cabin was not able to be seen in reality so how was we supposed to find the cabin? Confused, we went on anyway, checking each cabin we see.

“Opps, sorry” was what we said at every cabin. Where is our cabin? Tired and annoyed, we took a rest next to a lake. We have been walking for a long time and Daehyun was complaining about his tummy. It must have been hard for Daehyun as I knew he couldn’t live without his food. The lake was shallow and clear as crystal. It glistened in the sun and mirrored our every move. I looked over at my other half’s reflection to see that he was pulling faces at the water. I laughed. He heard and smiled at me; a smile so wide and bright.

We talked about many things. He told about his past, how his mum died and his negligence by his father so now he lives with Grandfather. I found out that he wants to be a singer when he grows up and I told him he should go for it. Daehyun this calm and relaxed is rare. I told my life story and how I don’t know which path to walk in. ‘I’m a lost puppy in the rain’ I told him and he replied ‘You’re no longer lost, I see you’. When he said that, he put an arm around my shoulder and started to sing. Another song by 4men called ‘Hello’. His voice was soul reaching as my head nestle in is warm chest. The sky turns ginger as Daehyun sings and the ripples in the stream starts to get thinner.  The fishes start gliding away to their home. That reminds me; don’t we need to get back?

 

We were lost in the middle of the unknown, cold and wet. “This is your fault that we’re wet” Daehyun said angrily. It wasn’t really my fault. He was in his own world singing and was blocked out of reality. I jumped at the realization that we needed to go back and he was very startled and I mean VERY that he fell into the water. The sprawling Daehyun flapping and gargling about in the water then when he found his balance, he stood still for a while with a blank face from the realisation that the water was shallow. Clouds of murkiness started to form around his legs. Being as nice as I am, I offered a hand to Daehyun still laughing. Being as horrible as Daehyun, he took my hand and pulled me in. Splash I crashed onto Daehyun. Daehyun fell on his in the water and I landed of him, sitting on his lap. My arms around his shoulder and our faces only cm’s away. Our eyes caught contact and he swiftly looked away. His Adam’s apple bobbed as he gulped, still looking away. I unwrapped my arms from his neck and started to get up. When I got out of the water, I didn’t bother offering a hand. He attempted to get out but only to fall into the water again. A snigger escaped my mouth and I couldn’t contain it anymore, I lmfao’ed. Daehyun sat in the water looking helpless and started to laugh too.

Now, we’re just wandering around in the forest under the night sky. Let’s just say we had a technical problem in finding our way back.

 

(a/n) No one is going to read this but HIIII, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ. RAIN SOUND AOGHAPSGHAAG, STILL CANNOT GET OVER IT. PEACE OUT

Hello

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zunjxxQNr1w