Chapter 1. The past

The Apple Tree

There once lived a girl named Jung Destiny who was born into the world on a warm summer's day. She lived with her parents in a traditional hanok in Seoul. Her dad was boss of an advertising company so they were able to live healthily.

They owned a small garden filled with rainbows of flowers and in the centre of the garden stood a stubborn apple tree with no apples. Dad would feed it the right nutrients but still it would not grow. Some evenings, he would sit and stare at the tree, imagining that there were apples on site.

Mum and Destiny would watch through the glass doors at Dad's determination. They thought of a plan. Next morning, Mum and Des went to the market and brought some stuff home. They went to their garden and took out the contents of the plastic bag.

One by one, they hung the fake shiny red apples on the branches. The tree was red and green now. Later that evening, Dad came back. Through the glass doors, he caught glimpse of something red on what was a green and brown only tree. He couldnt believe his eyes for a moment but when he went to take a closer look, he just laughed. Mum and Des high fived and smiled.

During that night, the family had to stay in a hospital. The doctor called Mum and Des in. "I am very sorry to break it you but he is gone. He was to late to be saved". From that day on, Mum and Des would hang a new plastic apple on the tree and send a little prayer.

Later, they were kicked out the house and had to move to a smaller home. There was no money comming in so everyhing had to be cut down. Des's extra lessons had to be cut, and she had to move to an affordable school. Things were different in her new school while the others thought that she was different. Her mum had to work on the streets selling pork buns but they were delicious and steamy. Des would help make the buns or buy the ingredients and sometimes somqe delivery.

After all the hard work (a few exams and auditions) and money saved up, she was able to go to a good high school, Seoul Arts High School. Her mum got promoted to a bigger restaurant in London so mum and des had to go their separate paths.

That is my story and that is how I am standing on this spot, behind the big bins waiting for the barbie looking people with stuck up faces to be out of sight as I know they are going to be trouble. The bins smell, I hope I will never go near them again. I'm, Destiny the great, will be entering first grade of high school (age 15).

HWAITING =D a/n Please comment and subscribe, sorry if there are mistakes :*