Chapter Six

Is this a dream or reality?

 

I’d know that face anywhere. I’d know that hair, that voice, that smile, anywhere.

Of course, cause we had practiced singing with each other; we had seen each other occasionally in the very walls of SM’s building.

The girl was none other than, Luna of f(x).

Luna was with her fellow members: Sulli and Amber.

Oh, so maybe this is why they weren’t at the dorm… cause they had plans on their own.

“Oppa!” she exclaimed again.

Luna stood up from their table and so did Amber and Sulli. They walked up to our table.

Great. The last thing Sica and I needed were photos of us together, eating out.

Sica stood up from our table and so did I.

“Annyeong unnie,” the three of them said.

“Annyeong,” Sica replied with a small smile on her face.

This is not how I wanted things to be. I just stood there until I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket.

“Uh, excuse me for a minute,” I told Sica.

“Arasso,” she replied.

I walked away from our table.

I looked at my phone. Oh thank God. It’s Taehee dongsaeng!

“Yah!~ Perfect timing!”

“Oppa? Waeyo waeyo? I was just calling to check up on you guys. Is everything okay? Why do you sound so… jittery?”

“Sica and I are in a restaurant and it turns out Sulli, Amber and Luna are here too.”

“Oh, that’s great! Maybe you should…” her voice faded away.

“Oh,” I heard her say.

“I know.”

“Well, they’re both on good terms right?”

“I think so,” I replied.

I thought back. Well, I had a duet with Sica and I had a duet with Luna too.

“Remember the news on the internet debating on whether whose duet was better?” Taehee asked.

“Yes! Exactly.”

“Remember who won?”

“Onsica did. I mean—Me! And Sica…”

“Yeah, and there were scandals that Luna was jealous and then the other way around with Sica unnie too,” Taehee prompted.

“What’s your point? This isn’t really going anywhere.”

“I know it isn’t,” Taehee replied. “But, I just wanted to remind you. I mean, it could be true or not right?”

“Yeah. I guess. Eotteokhae?”

“Okay uhm,” Taehee thought for a while. “Just keep things casual. And! Don’t let them join you guys!”

“Of course not,” I snapped. “Why would I do that?”

“Just saying! Geez. Why are you so grumpy all of a sudden?”

“Mianhe dongsaeng. Just nervous.”

“Gwenchanayo. Just get back there!”

“Arasso,” and with that she cut the call.

I kept the phone back inside my pocket and walked back to the girls.

Luna saw me first. “Oppa, you’re back.”

“Ne,” I nodded.

“Sica was just telling us that you guys came here together,” Amber said to me.

I didn’t know how to respond so I just stood there with both my hands in my pockets.

“Have you guys been here that long?” Sica gestured.

“Aniyo,” Sulli replied. “We arrived minutes just before you guys did.”

“I see you didn’t have time to order yet,” I pointed to the mob of fans who were taking pictures of us talking. They all screamed when I pointed to them. All five of us did the courtesy to smile and wave at them.

Thankfully, the fans were courteous enough not to disturb us. They must’ve figured out that we had to eat XD They wouldn’t want their idols to starve, would they?

“We better go now,” Amber said, her hand on Sulli’s shoulder. “Better order.”

“So uhm--” Luna looked at Sica then at me. “Enjoy your dinner. See you guys sometime.”

Sica and I nodded at them. We then both took our seats again and looked at the menu book. After a few minutes we ordered and after a few more minutes, our food came.

We started eating, first, in silence, until Sica started singing in a very low sound.

I smiled at her and she looked up from her plate of food. “Onew-ssi!”

She whined. Sica seemed embarrassed and then she covered her face with her hand. But between her fingers, I could see a smile. A very beautiful smile.

“What?” I replied laughing. “Keep singing. It’s fine.”

She pouted at me then she resumed twisting her pasta in her fork. I started eating again too. I was disappointed because I thought she wouldn’t sing again. I was about to tell her to sing again when suddenly,

“Do do do do do, kissing you baby”

Wait, I know this song. It’s ‘Kissing You’ by SNSD. Donghae hyung was even in their music video.

“Do do do do do loving you baby,” I sang.

Sica looked surprised but then she continued singing. She jumped right to the chorus. I sang with her too. I was surprised to even know the lyrics! Of course, I listen to this too but I never thought I would memorize the lyrics.

"Geudaewa bareul matchoomyuh guhdgo, nuheh doo soneul japgo,
Ni uhddae-eh gidaeuh marhago shipo"

We started laughing and from the corner of my eye I could see Luna looking over at us. I ignored this and decided that nothing else matters but Sica and I right now.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“So Onew,” Sica said. “Am I allowed to call you ‘oppa’ yet?”

We were walking in the park. It was already half past 9 in the evening and there were only a few people at the park. The stone ground we were walking on and the grass were a bit moist from the rain, which made them shine. The effect was actually beautiful, especially with the park lights .

“You, call me oppa?” I asked stunned. “But you’re older than me, noona!”

I teased.

“Well, that’s true” Jessica nodded. “But then we’re only a few months apart right?”

“I think so. Wait, let me count.”

I counted with my fingers while looking up at the sky, thinking. “Your birth month is on April and mine is on December.”

“May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December,” I mumbled while releasing my fingers out one by one. “8 months?”

“It’s not much of a difference is it?” Sica said.

“Ani,” I replied.

“But oppa,” she emphasized the word. She walked in front of me and then she faced me, which made me stop in my tracks. “How come you know my birth month is on April?”

I’m caught. I didn’t know what to say. I decided to make things up. “Well, I—I just search everyone’s birthdays so I can put it on my calendar and greet them!”

Well, it was entirely true but not in this case. I do search people’s birthdays but when it came to Sica, I actually asked Taeyeon for it, to be sure.

Sica nodded. “Oh okay. Some of the members do that too, like Fany and Yoona.”

We continued walking side by side, talking about random stuff and occasionally laughing. I then spotted a man pushing a cart that had balloons tied to them. I realized that he was selling these balloons and I thought it’d be nice to get Sica one.

“O~ Balloons!” Sica pointed. “Let’s go get one, oppa!”

And with that, she held my wrist and we hurried over to the man.