Here we go.

Is this a dream or reality?

            I was in SHINee’s practice room together with Jonghyun, Minho, Key and Taemin. We were sitting in a circle, taking a break from our dance practice, when I heard someone exclaim from the other end of the room.

“Oppa!”

It was Taehee. She ran into the room looking tired (probably from practicing too) and holding a water bottle in her hand.

“O~” the others said. “Annyeong dongsaeng!”

“Annyeong,” she replied panting. She turned to me, “Oppa, what happened?”

“What happened in what?” Key said.

“Uhh—with Jessi--”

I stood up as fast as I could and covered Taeh’s mouth. I couldn’t let this slip. Especially not to Key.

I removed my hand from and then she made a huge smile and she made an awkward laugh. “Nothing,” she said. “Oppa, I think we should go out.”

We walked out as if nothing happened. I carefully closed the door to make sure that the others couldn’t listen in on our conversation.

“What the heck do you think you were doing?”

“Sorry,” she apologized. “I was overwhelmed. I completely forgot.”

“It’s okay,” I said, forgetting my anger as someone with blonde hair passed by.

Jessica.

She looked at me and Taeh. She smiled at us and quickly put her head down. She also seemed to walk faster.

I had the impression that she thought she was interrupting us.

Taeh was looking at me with a devious grin on her face. “Ya! Tell me about it already!”

I recounted the events that happened earlier. She listened to every word I said and nodded and smiled at the good parts.

“See,” she teased. “I knew you could do it. When do you plan to call her?”

I thought for a moment. “Tonight.”

“Great idea,” she commented. “Well, call me if you need anything. But for now, I gotta get back to practice. Chaemin just texted me that break’s over.”

[Chaemin, or Kim Chaemin, is Kwon Taehee’s best friend. They are also in one group formed by SMent.]

I bid her good bye and watched her skip her way towards their practice room. I pushed the door of our practice room, and went inside.

“What was that all about, hyung?” Taemin asked, lying on the floor.

“Nothing,” I lied. “Just something about a possible song collaboration of SHINee and EN3RGY.”

[That’s the name of Taehee’s group. I couldn’t think of a better name, so I used the name of the same group me and my friends are in xD Forgive me. :)) But if you have suggestions, please, do comment.]

“Chinja?” Minho asked.

“I’d love that,” Key said.

“Yeah, me too,” Jonghyun added in.

* * *

It was already night time. It was about 7 pm. The others have already went on ahead to the dorm. I stayed behind since I still had a meeting with some SMent ahjussis.

After the meeting, I came back to our practice room to fix my things. I was in the middle of carrying my bag when someone said my name.

“Onew?”

I jumped backward. “Who’s that?” I turned towards the door.

It was the beautiful, Jung Sooyeon.

She laughed at me. “It’s just me, silly.”

“Oh,” I felt embarrassed :| I decided to confess it out to her. “You caught me. I’m so embarrassed.”

“Muot? Wae?” she said. “It’s okay. I understand.”

“Thanks,” I said with a smile, as I hoisted my bag on my shoulders. How could a person be so perfect and understanding? “What are you still doing here anyway, Sica? I thought everyone should be back to their dorms by now?”

“Yeah,” she walked inside the room, closer to me. “The others brought my bag to the dorm as a favor. But anyway, I was about to ask you the same thing.”

“Oh me?” I took a few steps towards her. “I had a meeting with some ahjussis.”

She looked startled. Her eyes had gone bigger. “Chinja? Nado!”

Then she did a face-palm, which I thought was very adorable of her.

“Ohh,” she commented. “I think I know why. I remember Taeyeon told me to meet with the ahjussis since she didn’t feel well today. I think the ahjussis met up with all the leaders.”

“Yeah,” I nodded. “I think you’re right. Well, what did the ahjussis talk to you about?”

“Well,” she put her hands in the pockets of her jeans. “They asked me how SNSD was doing.”

“Oh yeah. That’s what they talked to me about too.”

“Really? Hmm, I wonder why they’d ask you how SNSD was doing too.”

Wait, what? Rewind!

“No, no, no,” I said hurriedly. “Sorry, so silly of me. I meant they talked to me about how SHINee was doing.”

“O-oh,” Sica said. “Now I get it.”

Ugh. I made a complete and total fool of myself in front of her. I think she thinks I’m a fool. What a pity.

“Uhm,” she said. “Should we go out together?”

She gestured to me.

“Oh, yeah yeah,” I replied.

We walked out of the practice room together.

For a moment there was awkward silence between us until we reached the elevator.

I decided to break the silence.

“Sica?”

“Yes?”

“Remember what we talked about earlier? About hanging out together?”

“Yeah, of course.”

“Well, I was thinking if we could do it tonight?”

“Tonight?”

“Yeah. So uhm,” I said. “Are you free for dinner?”

“What?”

“I said, are you free for dinner?

I felt my stomach have butterflies in them. Was it because the elevator was starting to go down to the ground floor or was it because I was so anxious for her answer?

“Oh!” Sica exclaimed. “Yeah! I’m free.”

“Good,” I sighed. “So, where do you want to eat?”

“Anywhere you want,” she looked at me with bright, twinkling eyes.

The elevator had finally reached its destination: the ground floor. We walked out of it together.

“No, really.” I protested. “Anywhere you want to go is fine with me.”

Jessica looked away.

Was it just me or did she blush?

She looked at me again. “I don’t know what to say.”

“Well, say yes, will you?” I joked.

Jessica laughed. “Oh Onew. Well, fine. Yes!”

I threw my hands up to the air. “Yes, it’s a yes!”

Jessica seemed to become happier and happier by each moment. “What are you doing, crazies?”

“I’m just--”

“Jinki, watch out!”

Oops. Too late. I was too busy looking at Sica that I wasn’t even paying any attention to where I was going. Sadly, I bumped my whole body to a glass door.

I took a few steps backward while rubbing my forehead, my eyes squinting.

“Oh damn,” I felt Sica come closer. “Are you okay? Do you need anything?”

I need you. Only you.

I just stood there, groaning.

“Oh okay. Let me—let me help you.”

I felt her come even closer to me. I felt her take my bag away from me and she slung it on her left shoulder. My eyes were open now, but I still kept rubbing my forehead.

“You don’t need to do that. Give it back. I’ll carry it myself.” I said.

“No, no. It’s okay. Let me handle it.” She protested.

 

I didn’t want to argue with her. I just let her do what she wanted to do.

She then put her right arm around my shoulders, and she held my left hand with her left hand.

Her hand was so warm and soft. I never thought I had touched anything so perfect.

We walked slowly out of the building together. She then let me take a seat on one of the benches outside SM’s building. She laid my bag on the floor, beside me.

“Wait here, okay? I’ll go get a taxi.”

I just nodded and watched her run towards the sideline of the streets.

“Be careful!” I shouted after her.

“I will!” she shouted back.

I managed to smile. I then took out my cell phone.

1 new message.

Key.

Hyung, where are you? What time are you coming home? Food’s ready, by the way. Are you going to eat dinner out or should we just eat without you? :(

-7:00 PM.

I was about to reply when another message came in. I decided to read it first.

Kwon Taehee.

Oppa, where are you? I’m at your dorm by the way with Victoria and Krystal unnie and Chaemin too. Minho invited us in for dinner. Sadly, Sulli, Amber and Luna unnie couldn’t come. They were having dinner out. Are you with Jessica unnie? Yoona just texted me if I knew where unnie was.;-)

-7:20 PM

I pressed reply.

We’re outside SMent’s building. We’re going out for dinner but we’ll first go to our dorm. See you there!

PS. Tell Key that you guys can eat ahead of me. :))

Sent!

“Onew!” Jessica was running towards me. “I got a taxi. Now, come on.”

She took my bag again after I told her not to and she held my hand again and we walked towards the taxi together.

We went inside the taxi and sat beside each other.