Chapter 10

The Queen waiting upon Her Servent

 

A/N: Since summer holidays are coming in only two weeks for me, I've decided to finish QWUS before that so I'll try and update daily from now on, hopefully by next Tuesday I'll have finished. I hope you enjoyed the story. Thank you all who subbed and/or commented.

 


 

Previously on QWUS:

 

Very well, Hyun Ae. By next week I want to meet you on the battlefield, the northern exit. I'll await for you and, if you manage to do it, your brother too at around 3 pm.”

 

We'll be there.” she stated and closed the connection, however Haru had not been able to hide his sharp intake of breath and she'd heard him. She tried to mutter a spell but he sent another at her faster, a silencing one as well, but for a very short period of time. So when she'd gotten out of bed and jumped on him, he dashed at vampire speed outside the room. She followed and, regaining part of her voice began screaming. And the rest is history as they say.

 

Banishing away the memory, Haru too the other side of the bed and went to sleep, despite her hateful attitude, Hyun Ae wouldn't hurt her twin, right?

 


 

Morning had come too soon for both parties of this raging war, they awoke with groans of pain, with tears and anguish, with hate and anger, with peace and calm or not at all, for they never went to sleep or they'd never awake again. The morning found Maiya buried deep in someone's flesh, stopping haemorrhages and regenerating cells. The day only seemed to get worse though as the never ending number of wounded, dying and dead grew by the minute. She had not seen her husband since the night that passed.

 

“Maiya? My queen?” Myungsoo approached her as she healed yet another of their soldiers. He looked distastefully at the gushing open wound on a woman's neck, the gash so profound that he could see with the eye the slashed artery and the tissue beneath.

“NOT NOW!” screamed his wife, pushing more of her healing blue energy into the flesh underneath her hands, closing nerve-endings and cauterizing the blood vessel's walls. Once the bleeding stopped she drew back on unsteady feet, letting one of the other medics take over the stitching procedure, suturing the wound. Myungsoo caught her as she was about to collapse, leading her to one of the only three chairs inside the chamber. He winced as she clutched his left hand, his broken fingers sending electrical impulses to the brain, thus letting the pain register. He said nothing though as she sat.

 

Myungsoo left shortly to retrieve a glass of fresh blood to speed up the process of replenishing Maiya's energy. One of the only benefits of this war was the constant growth of their food supply. He returned with a small bottle of the crimson liquid that would last the ginger haired woman a few hours at least as he knew she'd need it. He had come from the battle so he had seen the great number of injured coming toward the medical ward, it outgrew the name of infirmary long ago. More vampires would come withing the hour. It wasn't a guess, nor a probability, it was a cruel fact. Life was not fair. He watched Maiya take a couple of sips before throwing it onto a desk, leaping back into action with a peck on the lips of her husband. He stared at her, watching her go heal another bleeding screaming vampire. He briefly wondered how she stayed sane with all the yelling and carnage around her, but he needn't dwell on the thought as a surge traveled up his arm, numbing it with pain.

 

Myungsoo refused to call for Maiya as he could see she was required elsewhere, so a young nurse would do perfectly for now, all he wanted was a shot of pain-reliever. He saw one such nurse as she just finished bandaging one of the younger vamps. He nodded his head at her, urging her to come closer. Heeding his request, she came. He reached out his injured hand so she could inspect the damage. She healed it withing seconds and, with no thanks, he left.

 


 

Moonsoo was fighting near the western outpost where Bonie was situated as head medic. He had refused to leave her behind and thus they both ended up here. Currently he was the last one fighting the horde of humans with mechanic guns and electric swords as all the other had gone inside due to whatever reason. He felt Bonie's energy activate and fade every couple of minutes, urging him to fight harder and withstand the attacks better. He was about to bite someone's head off, literally, when an explosion slammed him to the ground with a sickening crunch as two of his ribs broke and his leg twisted painfully. He snapped it back into place and ignored the internal damage in favor of looking behind. Three quarters of the outpost had been blown up, Bonie was dangling of to one side, nearly falling into the burning mass below her. He almost jumped all the way there before he saw Storm lift her up and check for any physical harm that might have befitted her. He saw Bonie smile and relaxed for a moment. He then spun around, ready to attack and kill every last one of those monster that consider themselves better than vampires.

 

His mouth was stained red and dripping when he returned to what remained of the outpost. None dared question whose blood it was for they all knew he was unharmed. He'd taken his revenge and now he wanted to reassure himself of her well being. Thus they removed themselves from his path as he took turn after turn with the elegance of the devil and step after step with the worry of an angel.

 


 

Inside the palace, now almost empty, Hyun Ae and Haru were talking. After last night's incident, the girl had to make sure her brother wouldn't spill her secret. She'd led him down corridor after corridor until they were out of their father's hearing range.

 

Why can't he go fight like everybody else?” wondered the girl, irony in her every word.

 

Haru stopped his valiant search for the way back and faced his twin, confused yet not at all. He could see why they were here and why now. His sister was worried he'd tell mom. He shook his head, he might not agree with what she was doing, but he'd promised this morning he wouldn't say anything and he had meant it.

 

“What is it, Hyun?” he spoke, his voice so powerful in the void they were currently residing in that it echoed for a few minutes. She didn't flinch, though, just took his hands in her own, opening a metal connection between the two.

 

“I need you to come with me, next week. I can't meet with Michael on my own, Haru.” her voice shook slightly and the boy frowned. If she knew what the man was capable of while angered, why offer to help?! He couldn't understand her reasoning, but he reluctantly nodded. Hyun Ae relaxed her grip on his hands and smiled thankful.

 

“Sister? How are we to convince omma to fight? Or appa for that matter?” Haru broke the telepathy and asked out loud. The deep concentration on his twin's face said it all, she had no idea!