Chapter 2

The Queen waiting upon Her Servent

 

„Maiya... You mean to tell me that my brother is going to be a father?” Myungsoo asked once the shock wore off. Maiya herself was feeling slightly out of her depth. It was odd that while she was the married one, Bonie was the pregnant woman... not to mention that that meant a whole new set of problems. There was a war going on, one that they were in the midst of, it was no time or place to bring a baby to... much less carry one. It was beyond dangerous.

“I do have another question...Considering the fact that they are vampires … will the pregnancy go the same as a humans would?”

“Great valid question my love, no it doesn't. Vampires have a different gestation period than humans do, however the way things develop is somewhat the same.” Maiya said trying to pacify all of his confusion.

“Maiya, but Bonie hasn't seen Moonsoo in at least 2 months, yet she has no symptom. How is that possible. You seem more sick that she is. Why is that?” he appeared suspicious, something Maiya didn't like. She knew that the moment he found out the reason for her state he would be angry.

“Because Bonie is barely in the first month of gestation, human-wise. I told you vampires have different periods of time. It can be extremely short period or extremely long. While she appears to fall into the latter category, that can change which is why it is vital for both her and the fetus that I go and tell her. As for me... I haven't been drinking the right amount of blood.” she explained, waiting for the outburst she knew was soon to come.

“What? How little blood have you been drinking and for how long. After I know this you go tell Bonie the truth.”

“No amount... I didn't have the time to eat at all, between the time spent making battle strategies and the time spent healing I had none for feeding. Plus about Bonie, it'll have to wait a while. I asked Adrian, our resident scientist, to finalize the venom analysis so I can get Moonsoo out of prison without having to worry about what would happen once the war ends. I already have planed for him to be released for the duration of the war, but I would prefer not risking anything.” she tried to not stop talking, fearing his temper. Although he rarely got mad, this would be one of those time, so she'd rather not let him speak at all.

“You... can not starve yourself... I don't care if hundreds die, you will find the time to feed. Maiya I know that the news about your mother and the war and everything that has happened so far has been to fast and too much, but killing yourself isn't an option. I refuse to lose you now when I finally have you. Do you understand me?!” he spoke softly, the disappointment and sadness underlining his words cut through her as well as the memory of her mothers death. Now she only had Storm as a blood relative, yet she and him, despite how close they were, were not what she wanted. She did need her parents for some things and she could only talk to then now at a graveyard, to a stone barring their names, but just a stone nonetheless. Tears gathered in her eyes and she felt her husband wrap his arm around her to comfort her. She let the rivers of salty water run freely down her cheeks as she sobbed into his chest.

“I can meet Adrian, Maiya. Bonie deserves to know this. Plus it can't wait, you said so yourself. Things could change every second.” he whispered into her auburn hair, lightly massaging her back. She nodded in consent and got up, wiped her eyes clean and gave him a peck on the lips. She left, closing the door shut behind her, he was right, Bonie needed to know and fast.It took her not 5 minutes to find the brunette, she was outside, near the fountain with Sora. The two siblings were now getting along great, as was Bonie and Henry.

“Bonie!” she screamed to attract her friends attention and ran up to them. She took a deep breath and pulled Bonie aside, then she began...

...........................................................................................................................................................................

 

“Sir! The witch has arrived at the house. She and the hybrids are settling in as we speak.” mentioned a man to Micheal, his leader, no hint of fear in the black abyss that were his eyes.

“Do Not call them that! They are to be treated with the utmost respect!” he stated, the tone eerily calm. That was when the other man bowed and left, it was that tone that promised destruction and mayhem. Micheal stood once he calmed down and thought back to the time he had met her. It had been a warm winter afternoon, he had been walking down the busy streets of Seoul when he'd heard the anguished scream of a man, followed shortly by the sirens of the ambulance. He rushed to the place and saw the tear-stricken face of a blood er as the paramedics took a young woman away. He fled the clearing in haste and for a second Michael was about to leave when he felt it. The wave of pure, untainted power of a newly awoken witch. Luckily he had had enough experiences with witches in the past as his late sister had been one herself, so he put the story together. The vampire hadn't know the girl had been a witch and thus he had not realized that when a witches magic unleashes for the first time the witch's body fails for a time period. It can range from half and hour to even a day. The longer they appear dead the stronger they are. He hastily went to his car and chased the ambulance. They would need a witch in the upcoming war as it was a well known fact that they hated vampires. He managed to sneak her out of the hospital and had taken her in with him. She had stayed dead for a day and four hours so he couldn't have made a better choice. Some weeks later he noticed a something wrong with her. He took her to a private hospital and they found out she was pregnant. He had known that the man that had been crying when he found her was a vampire so he immediately arranged for the two of them to fly to the States, where he could take better care of her precious baby. It would be the strongest creatures on the face of the Earth, except when she was giving birth they had discovered that the child was actually children. The girl had twins.

“I can't wait to see you again, sweetheart.” he smiled remembering her soft features.

 

Sorry for the long wait, I had been very busy. Hope you like the new chapter.

R&R!