Out of Tune

Write Me A Love Song

 

 

*******************************************

 

“He called you?” I was actually surprised Jiyong even wanted to do that when I slapped him real hard yesterday.

 

I was in this private room BIGBANG owns for themselves at the furthest building in our school and they were treating me and Sunmi from all the scratches and wounds we got from the fight. They weren’t all too serious though. Thank God those girls still have brains and didn’t really want to kill us.

 

“It’s still his fault that those girls are after Sohee now.” Sunmi said. I looked over to her to actually defend Jiyong when Seungri (Lee Seunghyun’s nickname) did it for me.

 

He applied the band-aid with more pressure on Sunmi’s nose bridge. “Yah, that hyung just saved your a.ss.”

 

“Ouch!!! Hey, be careful!” Sunmi glared at Seungri who only smirked at her in return.

 

“Are you okay now?” Daesung held my hand and he looked really like an angel to me right now.

 

Seungri’s right. If Jiyong hadn’t called for them to check up on me then we might’ve gotten more wounds right now and possibly get us to detention too. Good thing, these guys came just in time before an officer passed by and issued us violations.

 

Why did he do that though…was he actually worried for me?

 

That buttface…

 

“Y-yeah. Thanks. Really.” I smiled at him.

 

“I called at the director’s office and reported to them about those fangirls.” Taeyang entered the room and announced. “So don’t worry. No violations for you two.”

 

Well, that let me off the hook. Still, I feel bad for joining that commotion and hurting other people…I just really don’t want it when Sunmi gets included in my miserable life, you know.

 

“Those crazies, really.” Seunghyun oppa sighed as he put this ointment on my neck. “Well, that’s it, I think. Are you hurt anywhere else?”

 

“No, I think I’m fine now. Thank you.” I checked myself and wow…this would take a lot of explaining when I get home.

 

“I’ll get my guards to look out for you too.” Seungri winked at me and I saw Sunmi scoffed.

 

“No, you don’t have to.”

 

“Jiyong said so.” Taeyang smirked at me…he has this knowing look that got me thinking he might be hiding something from me but…whatever. “So want it or not, you’ll have guards following you around today.”

 

Well…

That actually got me relieved.

 

Daesung who was holding unto my class schedule, smiled at me, “We’re in the same class throughout the whole day!”

 

Yeah…I was actually in the same class as you since…forever, Kang Daesung and then he told me yesterday he hasn’t seen me often in the campus. Jeez. This no-eyes…

 

“Okay, so I guess Dae here can keep you company.” Seunghyun oppa placed his arms around Daesung who gave me a thumb up. “How about your sister here?”

 

“Hmm…I’m in the same class as her throughout the day too.” Seungri, this time, offered.

 

“What, so he will accompany me?” Sunmi sounded as if she was disgusted.

 

“Yah, don’t think too much about it. I’m doing this as a favor for Sohee and Jiyong hyung, not you.” Seungri answered back and stuck his tongue out at Sunmi who did the same back.

 

“Yo, yo, yo, maknae. Be nice to the lady!” Taeyang head-locked Seungri from behind.

 

“AHHH!!! Hyung! Hyuuuung! NO!!! ACKkjjsf!! Help—ahhshdhks!” They were laughing from their own antics that me and Sunmi just had to laugh too.

 

I didn’t know they were good guys…I guess, I got some new friends now?

 

*******************************************

 

Even though it was hard, I got through my last class safe.

 

I guess those “crazies” as Seunghyun oppa called them are now thinking of a better plan or are just being careful now…

 

Daesung was such a nice person by the way. He carried my things for me even though he didn’t have to and was cracking jokes every time that my day turned upside down from the chaotic one to actually one of the happiest day of my life. He was very sensitive with my feelings and didn’t treat me any different even though I can’t compare to the gorgeous ladies who kept approaching him.

 

He was walking me outside of the gates when Sunmi called out to me.

 

“Hey!” She was smiling too despite what we actually look like now. We look funny to be honest. Seungri was walking beside her, looking like he was pissed off for something.

 

“Hey. What’s wrong with him?” I pointed at Seungri.

 

“Oh, you know, my buddy here and I had a bet and he lost so he’s going to treat me to a nice dinner now. Haha!” Sunmi raised her eyebrows at me.

 

“Ugh, it’s Jiyong hyung’s fault…” I heard Seungri mumble.

 

Jiyong?

 

“Oh, wait. You should treat Sohee too!” Sunmi nudged Seungri who was looking up with a hopeless face. I guess he doesn’t like spending his money haha.

 

I laughed at the two. Who knew they’d get along that fast. “It’s okay…uhm, I have some business to do anyway.” I looked to Daesung and he smiled at me, as always.

 

“Oh. Okay…see you tomorrow then!!” Sunmi waved heartily while she dragged a slumping Seungri along. Poor guy. “Call me when you get home!” She called out before pushing Seungri to his car and forcing herself into the passenger’s seat.

 

At least I won’t have to worry over her then? I was worried sick those crazies would run after her instead. Sunmi has a really strong personality and it’s great that she’s my stepsister slash my best friend ‘cause I can’t imagine being in bad terms with her.

 

“Shall we?” Daesung gestured to where his car was parked.

 

I followed him with a sigh. I knew there’d be no escaping when the time comes. I’ll just have to it up and face this or else I won’t get to fix my life. Yes, that’s right. Do it for this second chance for the honors, Sohee!!!

 

Well, here goes nothing.

 

*gulp*

 

*******************************************

 

While Daesung was driving, I remembered the conversation between me and the director. I didn’t think he’d actually give me a second chance for the honors.

 

“Perfect score?!” I exclaimed almost a little too loud. That’s close to impossible!

 

The director nodded, “We report the grades of those *ahem* delinquents to their parents no matter how powerful their influence in the society may be. In fact, his father particularly told me to do this so he can monitor Jiyong’s standing. Do you know that Jiyong’s the heir of their company?”

 

“Y-yes…but is there really no other way? I don’t think I can do it…” I muttered. Teaching Jiyong everyday, preparing him for the exams…and having him get a perfect score! This director is on drugs, isn’t he…

 

“Mr. Kwon also told me…that you’re one of his childhood friends. I assumed it wouldn’t be hard since you’re already close with him. I’m afraid I talked to those others running for honors but they were either too afraid…or too intimidated with him,” He shook his head and looked up at me with a smile, “However, you are an exception. And so I am entrusting this task to you. The only difference between my first task for you was to make him get a perfect score. It wouldn’t be hard if you teach him well, right?”

 

BUT WE’RE NOT THE LEAST BIT CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

However…

 

“So it’ll scratch my record for the violation, right? I-I’m getting the chance for scholarship back?” I reassured. If it’s the only way then might as well…

 

The director nodded and we had a silent agreement after that.

 

I need to do this.

 

Breathes in deeply.

 

I NEED TO DO THIS RIGHT.

 

I mean okay, things may be awkward and stuff but aren’t I already used to this? Oh for the love of God – Jiyong and I have been awkward for years! If there was an award for the most awkward buddies, we’d definitely bring home the bacon…although I’m really not sure if we’re buddies too…wait!! HE’S NOT MY BUDDY AT ALL, THAT ERT!!!

 

Wow. Am I still really this riled up because of the kiss…

 

Well, yeah. HE DID VIOLATE ME…UHH…SOMEHOW!!!

Sohee, you should be angry! And that jerk even had the nerve to deepen that kiss…

Come to think of it, he did!!! He—oh my god his lips went sideways and like it moved oh my god it was alive and was my lips  :(((((((

 

I made gagging sounds and I saw Daesung contemplating whether to kick me out or just eject me out of his life with the weird noises I made.

 

But…Sohee, you have to bury those thoughts away. Bury, bury, bury. You have to concentrate on making the genius out of that…dum.b monkey. That sounded like a hopeless case.

 

Ugh. My head hurts.

You think too much, Sohee.

I know, I know.

 

But what if…

 

Brain, please just shut up for once.

 

*******************************************

 

[JIYONG’S POV]

 

“…Aniya, aniya…not this….” I sighed as I put down the beats I have and rest my mind from the composing.

 

All day, I’ve devoted myself in writing more songs. Since the incidents yesterday, I finally got some inspiration to write. Believe it or not, partying didn’t even cross my mind after I came back from the hospital. And I won’t get to anyway because Grandma would be furious with me. So I decided to continue the songs I have and even started a new one. It’s something I secretly do with BIGBANG…

 

Music is my oxygen. It’s just…wherever I go, it’s a part of me. I can’t live without it. It actually breathes with me…

 

I stared at the ceiling, remembering that particular talk with hyung. He was the one who had me loving the same thing. However, our parents and even Grandma don’t like me getting involved with music anymore…especially because of his accident.

 

So I have to actually sneak out and sh.t.

 

Knock, knock, knock.

 

“Jiyong?”

 

I opened my eyes, realizing that the voice wasn’t from my usual visitor, Grandma. My eyes grew wide as I recognized the voice. I stood up in an instant and headed for the door. “Dad!”

 

It was indeed Mr. Kwon.

 

My adopted father.

 

“Can I talk to you for a bit, son?” It wasn’t a request but a demand. He started heading off to the veranda and I knew I didn’t have the choice but to follow him. He was always like this with me…like he didn’t have time to waste, always in a hurry.

 

“Uh, yes.” I simply answered.

 

I remembered to lock my bedroom with my keys. He wouldn’t be happy if he saw me doing this sh.it again anyways.

 

Our veranda was big. Well, this is a mansion after all. I didn’t even notice the new furniture we have here though since I’m not usually sleeping here. I usually spend nights over at Taeyang or at the others’. The only thing I love seeing around here is my Grandma…and hyung’s stuff. So I don’t get to see who goes in and out of this house anymore. This was the first time in a long time though that I saw my dad again.

 

Don’t get me wrong…I don’t hate him.

 

But I don’t really actually care for him either. It’s hard developing a father-son relationship when…he’s not even my biological father.

 

He sat sophisticatedly in his formal attire on one of the golden outdoor chairs we have, his sight covering the faraway mountains. He was waiting for me to join him.

 

I looked small. As I always did when he was around…

 

Aside from the fact that I’m only in my pajamas and my beater, I feel like he’s someone I could never be even though it’s what they want me to be. Well, that – I hated it.

 

I sat down, avoiding his sudden attention.

 

I heard our house helpers come in to place snacks in front of me and a coffee for him.

 

He took his time taking in the smell of the coffee and finally having a sip or two before he initiated our conversation.

 

“How are you feeling right now?” It was a question I didn’t expect hearing from him.

 

I smiled respectfully, “I’m doing fine now, dad. Nothing serious happened.” I answered knowing he was asking about my condition after the accident.

 

He laughed softly to himself, “Of all the things that your Mischievousness has done, I might say this puts the cherry on top of the cake.”

 

I chuckled as well. Well, trouble is spelled as J I Y O N G after all…

 

“It’s a good thing that neither you nor Sohee got seriously hurt. Her mother thanked me and your mother over the phone. She wanted me to deliver the message to you.” He took another sip of his coffee and adding, “That’s probably the first good thing you’ve done for the whole year, huh, son?”

 

He laughed again.

 

I don’t get to talk to him nowadays and so this was nice that he was here right now, actually acknowledging something I’ve done for once. And to think, it was not about another trouble I’ve caused. I guess this could be a step closer to a better relationship with him…

 

“Well…it just happened. I don’t want to take in much credit though; it just happens that I’m the one there. I’m sure other people would also you know, jump in and—”

 

We both stopped. I wasn’t thinking when I was blurting that answer.

What was it that stopped me from continuing my sentence?

 

It’s ‘cause Junyong hyung…their real son…died because of a car accident and no one jumped in to save him.

 

“No…” My dad recovered quickly, clearing his throat. I knew he hated the topic and I just reminded him of the unfortunate accident blindly. But he hid the rising feelings and continued, “I mean, not everyone could do such a heroic thing.”

 

I just nodded, knowing all too well, that that meant a lot for him. Having the burden to change the topic since I was the one who made it all go downhill, I asked, “So…this is not the only thing you want to talk to me for, right?”

 

He caught in a deep breath before getting to the topic at hand, “I’m thinking of…preparing you to run the company now.”

 

Did I just…

 

What the fu.ck!!!

 

I laughed nervously as I shook my head, “I told you, dad…it’s impossible for me to run such a big company. Haha, you want it all to go bankrupt?” He didn’t answer right away.

 

Oh sh.t is this man serious?!

 

“You’re not…serious are you?” I asked. He simply regarded me with a do-i-look-I’m-joking stare. Well, then.

 

“You’re old enough and it’s always good to start training you early. But you don’t have to come to the company for now. I just need you to focus on your studies first before you actually work for me.” He explained. I was already focusing my attention to the table more than at the topic at hand, “Sohee would be helping you.”

 

At the mention of her name, I finally veer away my attention from the table and look at my father with a quizzical look on my face. “Why her?”

 

“I heard she was already tasked to help you anyway…for free. And besides, she’s almost family to us, I thought it’d be easier for you. Exams are coming up and I don’t think you’ve remembered anything at all from your classes…at least she’s actually up there in the honor’s list and is actually experiencing first-hand the lessons you’re having. It’d be pretty convenient, don’t you think?” He placed in too many points that it was almost impossible for me to answer back.

 

“I don’t think…I can run the company. It’s not something…” I was looking for words to explain this better. Really, I could never be someone who can run such a company!

 

“It’s because you want to be a composer?”

 

I stopped.

 

He breathed in deeply before uttering the words I was always afraid to hear, “Jiyong, you are the heir to our family company. It’s not a choice I’m giving you but a chance to finally give back.”

 

It was a hit a little too close to the heart if not exactly on that organ.

 

“Life doesn’t always work the way you want it to be. Remember that. You want to pursue music but who else would run our company after me? Would you just leave it like this? Follow what you want for yourself and waste the chance to help the family?”

 

He was speaking as if I was in a debt way too big to pay again. Times like these, I just want to walk out and lock him out. I just looked down, trying to keep myself calm from this serious talk all at once.

 

“Jiyong…I am not getting any younger. The least you could do is to set aside that hobby of yours and think of others for once. Junyong would have followed me and would actually sacrifice his matters if I asked him to.” He sighed. “I know you’re still going with those friends of yours and still are busy doing underground stuff. What would people say to us, your families, when they find out you’re from Class A clans and you’re there doing stupid, useless things.”

 

It isn’t just a hobby.

And yes, Junyong hyung would’ve been perfect. But he’s gone now.

Stupid, useless things?

 

“I just…I want nothing but to be able to write music and do it with my friends, dad. Besides, I’m not really up to par to run a company…even study running it. My heart isn’t just…” My thoughts were welling up, like how they usually do when I brainstorm for lyrics.

 

“I want you to be the next CEO, whether you want it or not. And I want you to put your mind on that.” He started getting up, fixing his suit before completely ending our talk. “I’ll be gone for a week but I have people who will report to me about you and your studies. Remember Jiyong, the Kwons is your family and this is your responsibility now.”

 

I didn’t want to look up. And it seems he didn’t want to wait for my answer too.

 

He left me there, unmoving, clenching my fist from the annoying part of our conversation. Did he really have to go there?

 

I heard the car left…along with a part of my worries.

 

“I love this family…I owe your family…but should I give up another thing that I love for the sake of the other things I do?” I raked my hair with my hands and stayed slumped for the next minutes.

 

*******************************************

 

[SOHEE’S POV]

 

I stood there, not knowing what to do.

 

I came with Daesung but he said he had to do something first so he left me with the house helpers who lead me to the Kwon’s veranda. It looked different from the time I last visited. But there were still those luxurious furniture…and designs…

 

Only, in one of the chairs, there’s Jiyong breathing steadily and unaware of my presence.

 

He’s asleep. I checked as I grabbed a chair to sit beside him.

 

It’s already close to 5pm and we should get started with studying so I can go home early but here he was…completely ruining my schedule. I didn’t want to wake him up…I’m thinking I don’t know what to say yet.

 

Sigh…

 

It’s a good thing though that the afternoon brought such a nice breeze. I remember being here most of the time before…standing near those railings, eating cupcakes with Sunmi while Junyong oppa played us his guitar.

 

I miss all those songs he used to write for us…

 

I miss everything about him…

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

My train of thoughts were stopped when I heard Jiyong say something. “Hm?”

 

“I’m sorry…” I heard Jiyong mumble as his head was down on the table. “I’m really sorry…”

 

What? So he’s awake all this time?! I was about to start a fit when…

 

“I’m sorry, hyung…”

 

I slowly put down the book I was about to hit him with when I heard him mentioning oppa. What was he dreaming about? What was he saying sorry for?

 

I leaned in to him to listen to more of his mumblings…he was saying something I couldn’t hear. Tsk. Desperate to know more, I placed my ear close to his head.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

I turned my head and there was the devil – awake…our noses almost touching each other! “YAH!!!” I pushed his face with a force that made him fall back from his chair.

 

“AAHHHHHW!!! WHAT THE F.UCK, SOHEE!” He caressed his bum as he tried to stand up from the fall.

 

I felt my cheeks heat up, as I stood up too. “YAH! IT’S YOUR FAULT!!!”

 

“HOW IS IT MINE?! YOU’RE THE ONE WHO GOT SO NEAR AND WOKE ME UP!” He exclaimed back, “Sh.t that hurt…”

 

“I-I WAS JUST…” I remembered why I was trying to get close to him… “You were dreaming of Junyong oppa…and was saying strange things.”

 

He froze when I said that. “What…did you hear me saying?”

 

I looked straight at him and knew he could remember what he was dreaming about. But in matters of Junyong oppa, I never wanted to talk to Jiyong about it. For the reason that…he’s probably suffered the most from his death…until now.

 

“Uhm…you just called his name.” I lied. I don’t know why I couldn’t say that he was asking him for forgiveness…I don’t think I don’t want to know the reason too as it might open wounds.

 

I fidgeted with my fingers. “Uhm, anyway, how could you be sleeping at this hour!!! You wasted half an hour of my time. I don’t want to go home late, you know.”

 

He looked like he was going to ask me about something else but vetoed the thought. “Sigh, okay, okay. What are we going to study?”

 

I wanted to tutor him on Math only but I was pissed off so I want to make this hard for him as it was for me. “Everything.” I demanded.

 

He rolled his eyes and just simply walked out saying, “To my room then.”

 

 

I followed him for the first two steps when I realized:

 

To his room?!

 

“W-wait!!! Can’t we go to your library instead?” I trailed behind him.

 

“Nope.”

 

“But why!”

 

“I want to study on my bed.” He shrugged a little but I can hear him smirking at himself.

 

Oh is he doing this to piss me off?!

 

I finally caught up with him and walked by his side, “You’re really a ert, huh.”

 

He didn’t answer but I felt that he, too, remembered something from yesterday.

 

I was babbling away when I suddenly felt his lips crashing into mine. “HMSDHKAJA?!!!!1J!”

W-WHAT!!!!

My eyes went from this: o.o to this: O.O

The realization of what was happening hit me hard when his lips moved sideways and it felt so real. WAIT WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING?!

 

I shivered, remembering the happening.

Way to go for getting to the topic so quick, Sohee -.-

 

He wasn’t saying anything though. He continued walking pretending he didn’t even remember that thing he did to me! This jerk!!! If I had a hammer with me, I would’ve hammered the “sorry” out of him!

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Huh?”

 

Wait…I stopped on my tracks. Did he just read my mind o.o

 

“Excuse me? What was that?” I caught up with him again and stopped in front of him.

 

He stared at me with a bored expression. “What?”

 

“The thing you said before!”

 

“Let’s study on my room?” He tried to walk past me but I stopped him again.

 

“No!!! After that!” Jeez is he really playing with me now?!

 

He sighed. “I said I want to ‘cause I want to study on my bed…so I could lie down and stuff, you know.” He tried to walk to my side when I stopped him again.

 

“I didn’t hear it okay!! The thing you said after that!” I glared at him. How could he just say it out like that with no feelings!!!

 

“It’s your fault for not listening.” He made me think he was going to my left but then he was fast and walked past me through my right!

 

“Yah! AHHHH!!!” I turned so fast too that I forgot I was stepping on some rug. It slid, folded and brought me falling forward.

 

I was waiting for the fall.

 

But what I felt was nothing like it.

 

 

I heard Jiyong mutter a string of curses after.

 

I opened my eyes and there I was, on top of him – ON ONE OF THE MOST SUGGESTIVE POSITIONS EVER! It doesn’t help that my face is this close to his…AGAIN!!!!!

 

I didn’t know how it became like this!!!

 

“Oh my gOd, I swear, I didn’t—”

 

I was about to get up, blushing like a mad loser, when his hands grabbed me by my arms, stopping me from standing altogether.

 

The moments that went after took forever. I didn’t know why I was instantly glued to his eyes as his were in mine. I swear I felt his heart beating against my chest too. I don’t exactly know if it was abnormally beating or stuff but…I can feel that mine was and it’s embarrassing!

 

It was awkward but we stayed like that for about five looooooong seconds…and then,

 

“I said I was sorry.”

 

*******************************************

A/N: Lol all the cliche stuff from fanfics are here huh. Anyway, hope you enjoy reading :D Thanks a lot for your support! School started so I might not update as much but don't worry. I'll try to write when I get free time ;) Have a great Sunday, everyone <3