Chapter 9

Nothing's Over

       “Alright let's keep moving,” I said while dragging him behind me once again by his hand. We didn't really have time to talk, I felt paranoid just standing in the street and refused to feel threatened by continuing our motion to get out of there. Dongwoo was silent all the while as I searched the walls to freedom.

 

       It's not exactly what they're called but behind the walls is the outside world full of whatever they have been sheltering us from in the first place.

 

       There it is, freedom, I can see the spot I had found years ago, our way point out of this nightmare of a home. I walk up to the abandoned building and move a few of the boards from where they appeared to be attached and set the to the side as I crawled inside. “What are you do-” I cut Dongwoo off.

 

       “Just get in here,” I reached my hand out to becon him towards the entrance, he lifts the boards as I did and crawls inside to sit next to me on the dusty floor. “It's safe here for now,” he nods and looks around as if he wasn't sure I was telling the truth. It was very run down and I could tell it bothered him but it was the only place they wouldn't come looking for us as at least not for long enough for me to explain things to Dongwoo.

 

       “Dongwoo, I know I've been vague for the past couple of hours but I'm glad you trusted me, so I'm going to ask you something crazy,” I took a deep breath and waited a moment, He looked at me and nodded as if telling me that he'll comply with my request. “Will you leave the city with me?” being bold was something that I was prone to doing but my courage was fading as I watched him ponder it over in his head.

 

       “Why should we leave?” He was silent after that, that one question left hanging in the air with no answer. There of course was an answer but I hated having to convince him of my crazy schemes.

 

       “Because,” I started without much to go on, there were several things I could say but I needed to say the right thing for this to work. “I want to live my life with only you,” it didn't even make sense to me and I said it, but what's done is done and there's no take back that and I have nothing to replace it with off of the top of my head.

 

       “You don't want to see Sungkyu ever again, that's what this is about right?” his guess was spot on and I could only nod with my head bowed in shame. “Then lets go,” he had a semi positive expression, I could tell he was happy I had made a very final decision in my life but he was scared of what we could be living our lives in.

 

       We had crawled through the house and out the escape tunnel to the other side of the was, the wind and trees were refreshing, everything was so green. I was stunned and stood there taking in the scenery not even noticing that Dongwoo had his arms around me until he pulled me to the ground where we laid on the soft grass floor.

 

       “What are you doing?” he asked while looking into the trees, his arms still wrapped tightly around me. I turned to face and returned the hug to bury my face in his chest. “Enjoying the moment?” I nodded against him as an answer rather than actually speaking. “You know we're completely alone now,” it wasn't a question.

 

        I looked up at him and waited for a moment, without hesitation he kissed me passionately and rolled over to be on top of me pining my down slightly with his weight. “I'll be gentle,” was the last thing he said on the first day of the rest of our lives.

 

                                                                                          Forever Ending