Chapter 6

Nothing's Over

       I awoke in the unfamiliarity familiar bed that I could only hope was a dream as I looked down to grab the blanket to cover up my indecency. “Please tell me this is a dream?” I asked out loud to no one in particular.

 

       “No, my dreams are never this beautiful,” I heard Sungkyu's voice as he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me down to lay on his bare chest. My eyes were wide and I was sure as day having a panic attack, my throat closed up an it was hard to breath. “Calm down,” he urged as he sat up with me and began to my hair.

 

       I leaned against his chest and let him continue to comfort me, with all that had happened last night I'm not really sure what I should be doing but there's only so much for me to think about. The obvious I cheated on Dongwoo willingly and this time there was no way out of it, this isn't the kind of thing only one person can take the blame for.

 

       As I think this through my heart beat returns to normal I and start to remember what it was like to have Sungkyu there for me every second that he could be there, it was nice and that's what I wanted, the security of having. He started to lay back down and I went with him, continuing to lay on his chest.

 

       “Are you okay now?” I nod against him as an answer and cuddle up closer to him. I liked it here and this is where I should stay or so I hoped.

 

 

       A month passed and everything seemed normal, I had told Dongwoo that I was leaving and I haven't even been to my house since then but I've been making progress on all the work that needed to be done in the 'Palace' as it's called while still regularly working in the greenhouse. But because of Sungkyu I spend considerably less time there than I did before and I feel rather bad for those who don't get that time off, though for the record I am still working just a different kind of work.

 

       “So how would you feel about being permanently transferred?” Sungkyu just pops questions out of know where as I'm reading through the productivity of each job to determine the city's well being.

 

       “What?” I put down the folder and look up at him with a stern expression.

 

       “There's a greenhouse on the lower floors of this building, I was wondering if you'd rather work there,” it was another one of his ideas, he wants me closer to him all the time so that we can see each other while still working and preparing for everything.

 

       “If you have all the paper work done then I don't care, other than that do you need anything else?” I started to feel bad for being mean but there wasn't much else to do, I was tired and irritated he should be happy my voice is a low tone.

 

       “Well there is one more thing,” he was sitting on the edge of the desk. He was very close to me but I did my best to look past him and at the papers.

 

       “And what would that be?” He leaned close to me and put his hand out to moved the papers off of the desk as his lips pressed lightly against mine.

 

        “I'd like to ask you to marry me,” he said it so calmly that it took me off guard and all I could do was stare at him while I made my decision.

 

Say “yes,” You live happily with Sungkyu: Good Sungkyu Ending.

Say “I think it's to soon”