Chapter 7

Nothing's Over

       I awoke in the unfamiliarity familiar bed that I could only hope was a dream as I looked down to grab the blanket to cover up my indecency. “Please tell me this is a dream?” I asked out loud to no one in particular.

 

       “No, my dreams are never this beautiful,” I heard Sungkyu's voice as he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me down to lay on his bare chest. My eyes were wide and I was sure as day having a panic attack, my throat closed up an it was hard to breath. “Calm down,” he urged as he sat up with me and began to my hair.

 

       “I gotta get out of here,” I stated while pulling away from him, when my feet where on the floor I immediately found my clothes and dressed myself as quickly as possible. I ignored everything he was trying to say to me and ran away from there before he could even attempt to catch up to me.

 

       No amount of anything could make up for what I let happen though I'm sure it was more of what I did considering I had to of participated which left only one solution and I would figure out exactly how to do it after talking to Dongwoo, because I couldn't be the only one with an escape plan. Luckily he was already at my house when I arrived.

 

       “Where have you been? I was worried,” he started as I walked through the door, I just nodded and preceded to go to my room to find a map. “Were you out all night?” I had found it, “Where did you stay?” I was searching for a location, “Why is your hair a mess?” I couldn't exactly block out what he was saying like I could with Sungkyu so I just nodded as I memorized the route and exchanged my shoes for more comfortable travel ones.

 

       “What is wrong with you?” He grabbed my arm and stopped me as I reached for my jacket. I ran my fingers through the hair on the back of his head and pulled him towards me, kissing him lightly while continuously looking into his eyes.

 

       “Trust me,” I said quickly while taking his hand and leading him down the hall and out the door. “We're going somewhere and it'll be fun I promise,” he must have though I was crazy at this point but it didn't really matter as he fell in line next to me.

 

       “You have work,” he reminded me, not that I cared because more important things were happening.

 

       “You're more important,” I said quickly as I searched the etchings on the buildings that we passed. It wasn't a very far walk as we approached the smoky building. The doors were all beads in long strands covering the doorways and there was an aromic smoke floating around. “Lady Woollim,” I called as I entered the main room that held a small table seated by a small old woman.

 

       “Ah, a young couple, would you like to know your future?” I assumed that's what most people came here for but I wasn't interested in some random things she could say, I would be with Dongwoo, no matter what it takes.

 

       “No thank you, I'm actually wondering if you might know of a way out of the city?” I asked calmly while taking the seat she had offered with her hand. Dongwoo sat beside me silently and just watched as I controlled our end of the conversation.

 

       “That was my second guess, what prevents you two from being together that you would resort to that?” She was still looking at the strange shiny objects in front of her.

 

       “Nothing, I just don't think that people should be restricted to live within these walls if it's okay to live outside of them,” I was thinking of how I could possibly know that it was okay to live out there when I remembered the strange thing that had happened just two days ago in the greenhouse.

 

       “If the opportunity is there take it,” I thought for a moment about what she said and that's when I heard it. Someone was storming through this building and they weren't alone.

 

       “Thank you,” I said quickly while standing and grabbing Dongwoo's hand.

 

       “What's going on?” he asked as I pulled him through the door that was behind Lady Woollim. Luckily there was a back exit that we could take and once outside I just wanted to run far from there. Unfortunately I couldn't with the frozen block attached to my hand. “Where are we going?”Dongwoo asked with his refusal o move until I told him.

 

       “Away, far away,” I tried o sound confident in my answer but there was only so much I could say to make him trust me on this topic. It felt like my choices over the past couple of days were made on bad judgment and only led me into more trouble than I could handle but at least I have Dongwoo and he seems to trust me enough to follow blindly after where I'm walking.

 

       We had made I away from the building and into the next section of the city. It was vast but we needed to keep moving to get through the next few districts. To others it probably looked like we were running to find a place to be along together which essentially that's what this was but also I was going to find a way out of the city so I could live my life happily with the man I truly loved.

 

       Stopped we sat in an alleyway to catch our breath. “Where are we going? We don't even live near this district or work near it?” Dongwoo seemed slightly irritated that I was withholding information from him and as I was it wasn't like I had a choice. It would take too long to explain the whole situation and still convince him to come with me.

 

       “That's the point, we need some time away from there don't you think?” I was trying to be cute now and it seemed to work as a smile spread across his lips. We were facing each other and leaning against opposite walls until I moved to sit next to him propping myself up on my knees so I could lay my hand easily on his cheek and run it through his hair as I leaned forward to press my lips to his feeling his smile all the while.

 

       “You're crazy,” he stated with a small laugh after breaking the kiss, he stood and offered his hand to me. I gratefully took it and stood next to him for a moment before taking his hand and heading towards our exit.

 

       “If I wasn't crazy then I'd be boring right?” Small talk seemed to work for the time being and I liked hearing his voice if nothing else it soothed me at the difficult moment..

 

       “You couldn't be boring if you tried.”

 

       “Do you want me to try?” We had just crossed into the final district and ended so close to our destination.

 

        “No, I'm just starting to get used to the extremity of you mind.” he had a point, I was being more strange than usual and that''s saying something considering how I act around him usually.

“Being daring is in my nature!” I said boldly

“Alright let's keep moving,” I said while dragging him behind me once again by his hand.