XXXI

Foggy Days




Rina hopped into Jong Suk's car, her cheeks puffed out and lips pursed. "Tell me about that secretary of yours, . I heard from Steven that he was a model! How dare you keep a pretty boy from me?" 


"I don't need you all over my man, honey." Jong Suk scowled. 


She laughed, slapping his arm. As she put on her seatbelt, Jong Suk pulled out of the driveway. 


"What's going on though? This is a rare feat; you don't like taking me out because I embarrass you." 


Jong Suk only smiled in response. "Just shut up and relax, nerd."


Rina pouted but followed his commands. Might as well take advantage of the situation and sleep, no? 


Though it only felt like 5 minutes to her when she was rudely shaken awake by her best friend, Rina had actually slept like a log for an hour straight. She sat up, squinting out of the window to see where Jong Suk had taken her(which she thought was where he would most likely abandon her and leave). 


She tilted her head. "The beach?" she frowned. 


Without uttering a single word nor sound, Jong Suk hopped out of the car and helped Rina get out also. 


"Okay, this is really weird," she murmured. 


Courteous acts from Jong Suk? That was almost unheard of. 


"Did you eat something wrong today? What is going on?" she pestered. 


"Just shut up and put this on," Jong Suk ordered, holding out a black blindfold. 


Rina eyed it warily. "I knew it; you're selling me off into the black market aren't you?"


Rolling his eyes, Jong Suk proceeded to fasten the blindfold over her eyes and tied it tightly in the back. He then plugged earphones into her ears and with a small smile, played the song. 


Immediately, Rina's breath hitched in . 


This song. 


 



(x)
 





"W-What are you playing at here, JoJo?" Rina yelled over the music playing through the earphones. 


In her confused state, she was dragged by Jong Suk. Instead of the cement road, they were now walking on the soft sand that sunk beneath their feet as they walked. When Jong Suk stopped without informing Rina beforehand, she ran into his back and stumbled backwards. He grabbed onto her, steadying her so she wouldn't fall and dirty herself. 


The song had ended by the time they arrived at the destination. 


Rather than getting a hint from noises that would give away what was actually going on, everything was muffled by the loud waves crashing into the shore. 


A gentle breeze picked up as Jong Suk unplugged the earphones from her ear. She felt him walk behind her, placing both of his hands on her shoulders. He took a deep breath before he brought his hand behind her head to untie the blindfold. 


The moment it dropped, clearing her vision, Rina felt time stop. 


"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RINA!" Everyone screamed. 


There was Shi Hoo, the 7 boys, Nami, and her siblings. They were all cheering and hooting, coming closer to her with the cake in the center that her boyfriend was holding. 


As expected from Rina, she had completely forgotten what the special occasion was. 


The reason why everything was so odd and out of place was because it was her birthday


She gasped, "Oh my God, it's my birthday." 


Everyone laughed because, come on, it was so typical of her. 


Jong Suk chuckled, pecking her on the cheek(to which she made a face at). "Blow out the candles, Nana," he told her, jerking the side of his head towards the lighted birthday cake. 


With a small smile playing on her lips, she briefly closed her eyes before opening them again and blowing out the candles in one breath. 


The second the candles were blown, a finger flew out and swiped cream across her cheek. 


Rina's eyes focused on the attacker, glaring at him. "Nam Woohyun," she seethed. 


With a yelp from his part, Rina grabbed a handful of cake without a second thought and threw it at the boy, hitting him square in the face. 


And so, that ensued a large food fight on the beach among all the teenagers. 


Rina had collapsed onto the ground when she ran out of breath from laughing too much. Shi Hoo, who had cream all over his face, staggered towards her with a smirk on his face. He bent down, planting a kiss right on her lips. 


She scrunched her face up in disgust. "Yah, that's gross! As if I don't already feel oily enough!"


He only laughed at her before running away towards his next victim. 


Needless to say, the food fight lasted until the very last strand of energy was used up by everyone. 


"What the did we just do," Rina breathed in disbelief.


 





The party continued at the Kim household until everyone had to slowly leave one by one. Woohyun was the only one that was either too lazy to leave or simply did not want to. The two sat side-by-side on the porch in front of the house in complete silence, staring up at the now darkened sky littered with tiny specks of light. 


"You still never gave me my present," she shamelessly reminded him. 


Woohyun smiled, reaching into his pocket to pull out a small box. 


Rina pursed her lips. "You're going going to go all drama-like and give me a necklace, are you?" 


He laughed. "Haha, that's a knee slapper," he sarcastically chuckled, "but in all seriousness, no." 


She raised a brow as she took the box from the palm of his hand. 


"Is it a ring?"


"No."


"Is it earrings?"


"No."


"Is it car keys?"


"Hell no."


"Is it a gift card to that froyo place a block away from school?"


"What the fu—, no! Just open the damn box!" 


Chortling, she flipped the top open and was met face-to-face with a small USB along with a piece of paper tucked beneath it. She tilted her head to the side in confusion. 


With a smile on his face, Woohyun stuffed his hands into his pockets as he stood up. "Don't open the files until after graduation, okay?"


Rina jut her bottom lip out as she frowned. "You're really weird, you know that right?" she asked. 


He nodded. 


"Did you perhaps download on here or something?" she questioned suspiciously. 


Woohyun choked on his saliva. "What the hell, Rina?" he screamed. 


Laughing, she stood up and encircled her arms around him. "Thank you, buddy," she whispered. 


If it was possible for humans to melt like the Wicked Witch of the West, Woohyun would have disintegrated by now. That didn't help his situation at all. 


Rina noticed him tensing up in her arms but decided to ignore it. Though he had been acting weird for the past few days, she was going to wait until he was comfortable with telling her about whatever was going on with him. That was what friends did, right? 


"I-I'll get going now. Good night."


"Good night," she grinned. 


"Happy Birthday," Woohyun wished for the last time. 


 


hohoho, hidden meaning in the last line.
I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN AGES!
I had writer's block
but I felt it necessary to update asap
since I am going to the INFINITE concert in November
and I'm just like really excited x)
I got floor seats also! 
NAMGREASE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL
BRB TIME TO DIE FROM HAPPINESS
first I got to see Youngjae up close
and now Woohyun
life is soooo perfect o3o

btw, do you guys like the new poster I made?^^

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for
and certain of what we do not see."
-Heb 11:1