XXVI

Foggy Days



Rina's head rested on her boyfriend's lap as she dilligently studied, burying her head into the thick textbook. She slightly squirmed as he started to her hair affectionately, changing the channel on the TV while doing so. 


"It's late already; you should be getting home." Shi Hoo spoke up. 


The girl wrinkled up her nose. "But I don't want to."


He chuckled, ruffling up her hair. 


"Can't I sleep over? Like back in the day?" she asked, her eyes glistening with hope. 


"If it had been like back in the day, Jong Suk would be here annoying the hell out of us," he reminded her. 


Rina laughed wholeheartedly, nodding her head in agreement as she reluctantly sat up. 


Shi Hoo softly gazed into her eyes as his thumb grazed her cheek. "How are you doing?" 


Damn, they resembled each other in so many ways. 


She puffed her cheeks out. "Now that I've cleared things up with Leo, I feel a lot better, you know? My heart feels a lot—lighter, now. If I had known making up with him would make me feel as light as a feather then I would have done it sooner." 


Shi Hoo patted her head. "I'm proud of you, though I'm not too overjoyed that you spent alone time with that man." 


Rina playfully socked him in the arm, scoffing at his words. "Honey bun, be a little more mature." 


He made a face to mock her. "Sorry, mature isn't in my dictionary."


How ironic, no? 


She stuck her tongue out at him before plopping back down to her laying position with her head on his lap. Study was what she did until she felt her eyelids slowly droop down. She 'tried' to stay awake but the heaviness was too much for her to bear until finally, the girl drifted off into a deep slumber where she dreamt of equations and chemicals.


If she remembered correctly, there had been a singing Periodic Table involved too. Something along those lines, anyways.  


Shi Hoo shook his hood as he scooped her into his arms, carrying her into his room. He gently laid her on the bed, draping the covers over her. He knelt down beside the bed, brushed pieces of her hair to the side. A smile graced his lips as he watched her sleep. Leaning over, he placed a chaste kiss on her forehead before turning off the lights and leaving the room to sleep on the couch. 


"Good night, princess."



 





"Steven, why didn't you wake me up earlier? I'm going to be late!" Rina yelled, rushing around the apartment as she tried to get ready as fast as she could. "Gosh, go call my mom! She's going to grill me when I come home!" 


Shi Hoo laughed at his frantic girlfriend, glancing at his Rolex watch. "I'll just drive you to school, babe." 


Rina popped her head out of his bedroom. "Are you crazy?" she chided. "People will know that I spent the night and rumors will start!"


"And since when did Rina Kim care about rumors?" questioned Shi Hoo with a raised eyebrow. 


She stopped what she was doing for a second, tilting her head to the side. "Oh, that's right." 


Sometimes Rina was too cute for Shi Hoo to handle, and this was one of those moments. He wanted to squish her in his arms or take her to work so that he could hug and kiss her whenever he wanted to but many things hindered his fantasies(with Rina being one herself). 


Soon enough, Rina came out in her uniform that she could so work and an MCM backpack on her back. 


"My first exam is today! Hurry!" she exclaimed, grabbing Shi Hoo's arms as she dashed out the door of the apartment. 


The door clicked, signalling that it was locked. 


Rina grinned up at her boyfriend. She fixed his tie before the two of them made their way down to the parking lot. "You know, this makes me feel like we're a newlywed couple going to work together, except I'm wearing a high school uniform and this scene might look really scandalous to everyone around us," she commented, blatantly ignoring the stares that they were receiving. 


Shi Hoo smirked, stuffing her into the passenger seat before going 'round front to his side. 


The ride to Rina's school was silent(in a way), mostly because someone had gotten her a new Nicki Minaj CD and she was shamelessly singing along. 


Her boyfriend had gotten annoyed halfway through so he turned it off and the radio instead, hoping that it would silence her. 


His efforts went down the drain as 2PM came on which lead to a series of spazz attacks by Rina as she screamed along to the lyrics. Paradise couldn't have been reached any faster as he drove into her school. 


Shi Hoo let out a sigh of relief as he stopped the car. 


Rina sheepishly beamed up at him. "Thank you, honey bun bun." 


He shook his head before pecking her on the cheek. "I trust that I won't have to tell you to do well, right? Don't get into trouble, okay?" 


She nodded animatedly before unbuckling her seatbelt and getting out of the car. 


Shi Hoo rolled the windows down before she could turn to leave. "I love you!" he screamed out. 


"Sorry, I don't think I can say the same!" yelled back Rina. She waved goodbye before spinning around and skipping towards the school entrance. 


He laughed once more, taking one last look at Rina. He rolled the windows up and drove out of the school, thoughts about his girlfriend swarming through his head. 


Well, one couldn't say the same for Rina. 


She met up with Woohyun in the hallways and on their way to class, the two of them recited necessary information that they had learned at study camp with the old hag. When they reached the classroom, their faces fell. They reluctantly trudged inside the room and everyone had similar expressions. 


There was a tense atmosphere in the classroom. 


Everyone was now each other's enemy for only a certain amount of people could make it into the top universities. 


This meant war. 


The biggest competitor was no other than the new kid, Rina Kim. She was a threat to the whole school due to her brilliance that everyone knew of. Top universities already had eyes on her and that brought everyone to the edge of their seats, meaning that that was one less spot for them. 


Rina could feel everyone's eyes on her. 


She felt instant relief when their homeroom teacher walked in, signalling that the official testing period would start now. 


"May the odds be ever in your favor." 



 





Rina stretched her arms, letting out a wide yawn and completely letting go of her image. 


Woohyun had to stiffle his laughter because she looked rather funny but when she's tired, her temper is like a time bomb. 


"I'm hungry," she stated. 


"Aren't we all?"


Rina rolled her eyes as she got up from her seat. "Well isn't someone a little moody today."


He scoffed. "Speak for yourself," he muttered. 


Before Rina could rip Woohyun's head off, Hoya popped into their classroom with a plastic bag.


He walked towards the desk neighbors, setting the plastic bag on Rina's desk as he grinned at her. "I bought these earlier this morning, knowing that the two of you and the other boys would be dying of hunger. No need to thank me." 


Rina squealed, throwing her arms around the male. "I love you so much, Lee Howon!" 


Woohyun pouted. He wished that she would act like that towards him also. This is discrimination, he thought. 


"The rest are for the both of you," Hoya smiled. 


Rina couldn't remember the last time she had such amazing bread but the lemon bread that she had ravishly devoured tasted like heaven(or maybe it was because she was starving). She never liked sharing food that much but she had shoved a bottle of banana milk in front of Hoya's face, making him drink it despite his polite declines. 


By the time the break was over, Rina felt as though she could run a marathon while lifting weights. 


Woohyun didn't look all that joyous even though his stomach was full. He didn't want to admit it but seeing Rina so close with Hoya made him jealous. He had known Hoya ever since they were toddlers but he couldn't help but have a tiny bit of resentment towards the other male. 


He met Rina first.


He was Rina's best friend. 


It made him feel pathetic, but it was the truth. 


He was bothered, yet he couldn't let that affect his results. Woohyun had priorities too, you know. 


When the day had ended, everyone was beyond exhausted. Rina couldn't tell whether she was tired or hungry but she was sure it was both. The seven boys had to literally drag each other out of the school because they didn't even have the energy to walk. Strands of exam questions floated through the air, for that was all that each student saw. They couldn't tell the difference between what was real and what was just them hallucinating anymore. It was that bad. 


"O-One more week to go," Sungjong groaned. 


Dongwoo dragged his backpack aross the floor. "I feel crippled." 


Well, they all could barely move their arms and everything was absolutely stiff. 


"God, why did I move here?" Rina sighed. 


Woohyun hooked his arms through hers. "So you could meet me," he greasily whispered into her ear. 


With whatever power she had left, Rina pushed Woohyun away from her and scoffed. "Oh please, pretty boy."


"You called me pretty boy!" he hollered.


"Shut up!" Sunggyu screamed in annoyance. 


That made Woohyun cowardly whither away. 


Rina thanked the Lord a million times when her eyes fell on miss A and Nami at the entrance of the school. "Yah!" she yelled as she hobbled towards the girls as fast as she could. "What are you guys doing here?"


"We heard today was the start of your exams," answered Jia as she slung an arm around her shoulder, "so we decided you probably needed some more energy."


The younger girl smiled appreciatively. "Nami has exams too, though!"


Nami shyly ducked her head. "B-But yours are harder," she counterattacked.


"Aye," Rina frowned, "you're in need of the energy as much as I do, okay? GNO!" 


She felt seven pairs of eyes on her. 


Turning around, she saw the boys looking at her weirdly. She really didn't want to bring them along because it'd be crazy. 


"Hey, invite your friends!" Fei suggested. 


Rina facepalmed herself mentally. "Jie, you really don't want that. It'd be chaotic!"


"The more the merrier!" Suzy beamed. 


Oh Almighty One, please help me.



 


I have The Walking Dead feels 
and KPOP feels
everywhere. 
I hope I can go to the INFINITE concert in November
or else I'll be really mad.
Glenn is really cute, don't you think?
Can someone be my TWD spazzing buddy?
It's 'Murica Day, guys.
Celebrate freedom.

 

"And we know that in all things
God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose."
-Rom 8:28