II

Foggy Days

"I hate you, Steven." Rina hissed as she was escorted to a car parked in front of Incheon International Airport. Shi Hoo said nothing and kept his arm wrapped around her waist tightly. Passengers looked at the girl with gingery hair weirdly as she passed them while spouting nonsensical English curse words. 

 

She was shoved into the car after much difficulty on her boyfriend's half. "Don't worry, hun. We're doing this for you." he reassured her once more. A roll of the eyes and a scoff later, Rina kept quiet. As much as she wanted to jump out of the moving car and onto the next plane ride back to Baltimore, she was going to use all of her willpower to trust Shi Hoo. 

 

"Go to sleep, baby." 

 

And so she did. She drifted off into a deep slumber, hanging onto the tiny thread of hope that made her believe everything that had happened so far was just a dream; that when she was awaken by the blaring alarm clock, she'd be in her room back in Maryland and not in Seoul. 

 

If only, if only. 

 

When she woke up, it wasn't because of an alarm clock; it was because of her boyfriend irritatingly shaking her. When she looked around, she wasn't in her room in Maryland but instead she was in front of a house somewhere in the upscale part of Jongno-gu, Seoul called Pyeongchang-dong

 

"What the actual ?" Rina breathed in disbelief. She got out of the car and squinted at the house in front of her. From her background knowledge, houses like these cost a lot in Korea. Actually, houses this big cost a lot in general. "What are we doing here?" she questioned, folding her arms across her chest as she turned to raise an eyebrow at her boyfriend.

 

Shi Hoo sheepishly smiled. "Welcome to your new home, Nana." 

 

She scoffed. "What bull is this? If I'm not mistaken, we're in an expensive neighborhood. An expensive neighborhood, Steven Park. Do you think mum and dad can afford this?" she asked, glaring at him. 

 

"Look, it's not that expensive and I'm helping them pay for i---"

 

"Park Shi Hoo," she firmly hissed. "I dare you to say that again. You're what?"

 

"P-paying for the house?" Shi Hoo squeaked.

 

She took a deep breath to keep calm and collected. That didn't really work, though. "You ing bastard!" Rina roared.

 

He knew this was going to happen. 

 

"Damn you, Steven. Oh, this. Damn you, Park Shi Hoo. Remember that one time you bought me a ing Gucci handbag? Yeah, remember the promise you made after giving it to me? Steven Shi Hoo Park, you promised!" she cursed with such anger that it made him flinch. 

 

Shi Hoo sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Rina, calm down."

 

Rina furiously shook her head. "Calm down? You want me to calm down? Park Shi Hoo, you bought me a house!" she yelled, jabbing a finger towards the house. She was fuming. 

 

The last time Shi Hoo had seen her this angry was so long ago that he didn't even remember the cause. 

 

"God, this is bigger than the house back home! What are we going to do with the extra space, anyways? Oh my god, Steven." 

 

Some residents had come out of their houses after hearing all of the commotion outside. Pyeongchang was 100% of the time a very peaceful neighborhood but all of a sudden, the inhabitants started hearing a very loud English argument so the natural instinct was to go and check what the hell was going on. 

 

They were surprised to see two teenage-looking Koreans in the middle of the street having what seemed to be a couple fight. 

 

Shi Hoo turned his head to see some adults glaring at them. With a groan, he grabbed Rina by the arm and dragged her inside the house despite all of her complaints. "Just shut up and listen to me, dammit. I said listen, Rina Kim!"

 

He actually raised his voice.

 

The calmest person on Earth actually raised his voice. At the person he loved the most. 

 

Closing her eyes shut, Rina loosened up and shut . 

 

"You know that I love you and I only want the best for you," Shi Hoo started. "Buying this house was nothing. You know that my family has enough money to buy five more of these houses. Who the hell am I kidding? My family would be able to buy out this whole damn neighborhood!" 

 

Rina rolled her eyes, signaling for him to get on with it. 

 

Shi Hoo cleared his throat. "What my point is is that this is absolutely nothing. Can't you just accept it? The money put out to buy this was my money, and not my parents. It was the money that I earned myself, baby. Learn how to be spoiled for once, Rina Kim. We all moved here for you and only you. Later on, you'll understand. But for now, just keep quiet and show some gratitude." 

 

She didn't say anything and just looked around. Everything looked so pristine and luxurious. Rina wasn't comfortable in such an atmosphere but what could she do? It was her new home that the one and only Park Shi Hoo bought for her. She was selfless but she didn't have the guts to not accept the house.

 

"It's a house though, Steven."

 

Shi Hoo nodded. "Yeah, I know."

 

"What kind of boyfriend buys his significant other a house?" she asked.

 

"A boyfriend that watches lots of dramas." 

 

Chuckling, Rina wrapped her arms around Shi Hoo. "The next time you buy me a gift, keep it under $100." 

 

"What if it's a ring?" Shi Hoo questioned.

 

She pushed him away. " you, Park Shi Hoo. I'm 17!" 

 

He laughed, bringing Rina back into his embrace. "Does it really matter?" 

 


 

"Ryan Kim, I am going to murder you! You knew about this all along but never told me?" Rina scowled. 

 

Her younger brother calmly flipped to the next page in his book. "You never asked." 

 

Biting down on her bottom lip to stop from cursing him out, Rina abruptly stood up and walked out of the parlor. "Lee Jong Suk, I am going to murder you! You knew about this all along but never told me?" she scowled, entering the dining room where Jong Suk was silently drinking water while looking at something on his iPad. 

 

"You never asked." he replied before taking another sip of his water. 

 

With an angry grunt, Rina stormed out of the dining room. "Everyone is against me today, dammit!" 

 

"Watch your language, young lady." Mrs.Kim chided as she came down from upstairs with Shi Hoo. 

 

Rina puffed out her cheeks in annoyance. "Where's dad?" 

 

"Work," her mom simply answered.

 

Yeah, work.

 

"Oh, Shi Hoo-ah. Show Rina her school uniform." 

 

Dismay flashed across his eyes. "Why can't Jong Suk do it?" 

 

"Aw, hell no! I'll just end up in the emergency room!" Jong Suk yelled from inside the dining room. 

 

Rina narrowed her eyes at her mom and her boyfriend. "Do I really want to know what my new school is?" 

 


 

"I hope you burn in hell, Park Shi Hoo." Rina snarled.

 

Shi Hoo breathed out a sigh. "This is why I wanted Jong Suk to do it," he grumbled.

 

"Aye, don't worry, hyung! I'll DJ at your funeral!" Jong Suk hollered from downstairs.

~~~

Wow, that was a lot of cursing. 
Sorry, I didn't really want to add that much but it was necessary.
I'm not the cursing type. I'm one of the most innocent kids you'll ever meet, actually.
The cursing was needed since come on, be realistic. 
What kind of teenager/adult doesn't curse excessively? 

Maybe I shouldn't have made Shi Hoo curse because he's supposed to be older.
But, whatever.
Oh right. I never gave you guys his age.
Should I just make it vague so y'all can just give him whatever age you think he should be?
Or should I just straight-out give him one so everyone doesn't have confusion?
Mehh, I'll think about it.
Oh yeah and Pyeongchang-dong is a really rich neighborhood. Like, really rich.
Good day to you all.

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, 
for I am gentle and humble in heart, 
and you will find rest for your souls."
-Matt 11:29