006 : Connections

Feel So Bad (Under Construction/Editing)

Miyeon walked out of the small apartment block and put her earphones into her ears.

 

Miyeon went to school the day after her father left her and her mother. She felt very stressed and tired, mentally and physically since she couldn’t get her thoughts away from what she heard the night before. Just like that, her family just broke.

She expected that her boyfriend would at least make an effort to comfort her. When she sent him a message, he was too busy like he always was. Miyeon sighed and decided to go to the Han River to comfort herself. All of her friends were either at their after school club activities and meetings or just studying so she had no choice but to go alone.

When she thought that it would help make her feel better, it just made her feel worse. Most of the people at the Han River were young families and lovey-dovey couples sitting around enjoying each other’s presence.

Miyeon sat on the side where there weren’t too many people and to her surprise, when she looked around, she saw a familiar face on the other side of the river… It was her boyfriend… With his arms around another girl who looked older than her.

*Seungri oppa…?* She squinted her eyes and slowly walked towards him just to make sure if what she was seeing was her boyfriend. As she came closer, she could feel her heart palpitating rapidly.

“O-oppa?” He turned around and gaped at her presence,

“Oh, Miyeon-ah…”

“Who’s she?” the girl asked him.

“She’s just my cousin”

*c-cousin?* Miyeon had just felt her heart smash into pieces. She was devastated. Right after her family had broken up, her boyfriend, no, ex-boyfriend decided to not recognise her as his girlfriend anymore, since it seems like he already has someone else. She really liked Seungri a lot, and for quite a few years too. When she thought that he had finally accepted her, she finds out that he wasn't as commited to the relationship as she was. She had been tricked... for seven months. The seven months that she thought that he truly liked her back were all fake. 


Miyeon didn’t feel like going to school today after getting another flashback on her way to school. She had to bludge in order to not hurt anyone otherwise a majority of the students, most specifically the boys. If she went to school, they’d be in hospital by the end of the day.

Hoya was walking towards the school with Woohyun, Dongwoo and Myungsoo. He then spotted Miyeon walking the opposite direction of the school, he decided to follow her since he was bored anyway.

“Hey! Where are you going?” Dongwoo called, “Can I come...?” he watched Hoya walk away from them.


- - - - - - - - - -
 

Miyeon found herself in the streets of Hongdae. She was walking alone, minding her own business and listening to her music until a random teenage guy, her age, from another school started talking to her.

“Hey, what’s a girl like you doing alone at a place like this?” He asked her trying to woo her. Miyeon was deep in thought and didn’t even notice that a stranger was trying to talk to her. She kept walking to where ever her feet lead her to. The guy’s friends started laughing and making fun of him and he scoffed. He chased after Miyeon,

“Hey” he put his hand on her shoulder. Miyeon snapped out of her thoughts and looked at the stranger with a straight face.

“What?” she said with a very uninterested tone.

“Don’t be like that, you’re alone aren’t you? Why don’t you hang out with us?” Miyeon scoffed at the stranger and went back to walking.

*Try touching me again and you'll be crying tears of pain* she rolled her eyes.

“Playing hard to get are we?” he smirked, “I like it” He ran after her again, but this time…

“Aye, what do you think you're doing to my girl?” Hoya said putting his arm around Miyeon’s shoulder. Miyeon stopped walking and glared who ever had their arm over her shoulder. Yes, she was getting really pissed off by now and was ready to punch whoever had their arm hanging over her shoulders. To her surprise Hoya was there. *How the hell did he get here?*

“Woah, sorry, you shouldn’t have left your girlfriend alone then” he backed away and went back to his group of friends who were laughing at his defeat. Hoya chuckled and suddenly flinched.

Miyeon had just elbowed his waist harshly since he still had his arm over her shoulder and she kept walking.

“Hey, you should thank me for saving you” He followed her trying to get her attention which didn’t seem to work.

She suddenly took a turn and walked into a ramen shop with a queue outside, and he followed. The person at the entrance controlling the queue didn’t seem to care that Miyeon and Hoya had just walked into the small restaurant cutting the lines. Hoya assumed that they must know her too. The owner of the small restaurant used to look after him at a young age when his parents went on business trips every now and then. Even the daughter of the owner, Eunseol, knew who he was, since she used to play games with him to keep him from being bored.

 “Oh, Miyeon ah! Wow, you’re wearing a new uniform” Eunseol smiled as she greeted Miyeon and hugged her. “One of those days again?” she asked. Miyeon nodded. Surprised, she suddenly saw Hoya seated next to Miyeon. “Oh, Hoya?”

“Hey,” He put his hand up as a greeting. Seeing that they were both wearing the same uniform and were sitting next to each other, Eunseol suspected something…

“Don’t tell me… Are you two going out?” She grinned in a teasing manner.

“No” Miyeon answered straight away.

 “Okay then,” she laughed, “so what would you like?” She leaned on the counter.

“The usual” Miyeon plainly said.

“The usual for you too?” she turned to Hoya who nodded. “Alrighty then, I’ll B-R-B”

Miyeon felt the sides of her lips curling upwards because of Eunseol’s silliness. She turned her head facing away from Hoya and silently laughed. *Who uses abbreviations in a real life conversation?*

After waiting patiently, Eunseol came back with their orders, “Ta-dah!!” she took the lids off to uncover the same ramen. They had just ordered the same thing. “Who knew two of my favourite  little dongsaengs had the same taste” she ruffled Miyeon and Hoya’s hair.

“Unni”

“Noona” They both whined at the same time. Eunseol chuckled,

“I know, I know you’re not kids any more… But geez, you guys  are so synchronized it’s not funny” she winked at them.

“Yah, what the hell unni?” Miyeon stuffed the ramen in .

“Unni? What’s your relationship with her?” Hoya asked Miyeon out of curiosity. However she refused to answer him, so Eunseol had to speak up.

“Well Yeon and I,” Eunseol started, emphasizing “Yeon”

“Unni!” Miyeon hissed. *Don’t call me that in front of other people like him!* she mentally face palmed.

“are cousins.” She chuckled.

*Yeon, huh?* Hoya glanced at Miyeon who was chowing down her ramen to hide her embarrassment.

“We’re really close actually,” she continued, “like sisters” she beamed. Hugging Miyeon who was trying to squirm out of her grip.

Eunseol was the only person whom Miyeon could open up to and be the same person that she was before. This was because she treated Miyeon like her own sister from a young age so they are really close to each other. When Miyeon was down and devastated after her family as well as her ex-boyfriend and herself had split a few years ago, she went to Eunseol. Eunseol comforted her and made her feel accepted again. Ever since then, Miyeon would go to the small ramen shop and have some time with Eunseol to get her mind off her past.


- - - - - - - - - -
 

“Y-yah! Isn’t that Miyeon?” A female student held her friends back as she spotted Miyeon walking out of the small ramen shop with Hoya following

“Omo, it is! And she’s with Hoya!” they gossiped.

“Wah… bludging just to have a date? I thought Miyeon  didn’t like kingkas”

“Who cares” she whipped her phone out, “This is going to be big news at school!” she started taking photos.


- - - - - - - - - -
 

Even after spending time with Eunseol, Miyeon didn’t feel all that better yet. It could have been because Hoya was there and she couldn’t trust him after the multiple winks that he’s given her during her first few days at EPK High and calling her his “girlfriend” earlier.

*still got some time to waste* Miyeon sighed as she walked around Hongdae looking for things that may make her feel better, forgetting the fact that Hoya was still following her. Hoya could tell from her pace, that she was looking for something to do.

“I know a good place around here” He suggested catching up next to her.

*Still following me huh?* exhaled in annoyance. “Go there yourself. Nobody said I had to go with you.” she said in an uninterested tone. Hoya chuckled,

“What if another creepy stranger tries to hit on you again?”

”Speak for yourself” she muttered rolling her eyes.“Listen.” Miyeon taunted him and grabbed his collar, “You have no reason to be with me. I’m not your girlfriend, you’re not my boyfrie- we're not even friends. You’re only a person that happens to go to the same school as me so don’t think that we’re  friends.” She pushed Hoya away from her and walked off.

*Woohyun, your tactics are failing me for the first time in a long time* he thought with an amused face. He smirked as he watched Miyeon walk further into the distance until she made another turn around the corner and disappeared from his sight.

 

 


AUTHOR NOTES:

Ooooh the “connections” ehehe… 

I don't mind suggestions and I appreciate comments! They give me an idea of what you think about my fic and it allows myself to improve o (◡‿◡✿)

EDIT (130329): no major changes, just a few things here and there (: