Temporarily Distracted

Please Smile, Zico

The first person you spotted, was with no doubt, Zico. But not the happy-go-lucky Zico you had laughed with a while ago. 

He was sitting on the floor, covering his face with his arms while P.O sat beside him and Taeil patted his back. Is he crying?

"Kwinchana Hyung!", P.O said while ruffling his hair. 

"You guys, I'm fine. Just need to think for a while." he replied, not meeting their eyes. "Just go ahead. I'll come in a bit."

"You sure don't look fine." Taeil stared at him. "We're not leaving."

"I swear I'm fine, Hyung. Just give me a little time to think. You know this isn't my first time. Just go ahead." Zico looked away.

"You better be back before 12, or else you're getting your kicked. Am I clear enough?" Taeil pulled P.O up. 

"Yeah. You made yourself clear." He sunk his face in his arms again. "Go Now."

Taeil shook his head and walked off with P.O.

 

You turned around to Sang Won and Sophie, whose looks were just confused expressions. 

"Why are we just standing here and hiding in a corner like this?" Sophie nudged your shoulder. "Let's go and see what's wrong."

You stopped her. "Didn't you just hear what he said? He said he needs to think for a while. Let's just leave him alone."

"How about YOU go? I mean, he looked like he was comfortable around you." Sang Won asked. "Just Go. We'll go around the corner and catch up with Taeil and P.O" 

"Okay. Send me an SMS when you get home before I do." you said. 

"Alright. Palii, let's go before they're out of sight." said Sophie, grabbing Sang Won's arm and ran.

You took a deep breath. He looked happy the entire time. What suddenly happened?

You walked, step by step, to the handsome man sitting on the floor. "Zico-sii?"

He looked up and met your gaze. You examined his face.

His eyes are red. His cheeks are shiny. He WAS crying. You crouched down infront of him,like a kid.

"You Okay?" 

He nodded.

"Are you sure?"

He nodded. 

"100%?"

He shook his head.

You reached out and patted his shoulders. "Don't worry about it. If you want to talk about it, I'm right here." you smiled at him.

He smiled back, got up, correcting his pants and offered you his hand. You took it and he pulled you up in an instant. 

He cleared his throat. "Umm .. This is how I think. I usually just sit there and think away. Don't get the wrong idea. Heh.."

You tilted your head, narrowed your eyes and said: "You were crying. You don't need to hide it. It was obvious."

"I was sweating. I mean, if you covered your face for a while in such a weather, wouldn't you start to sweat?" he took off his jacket, placed it on the bench and smiled. "I'm too bad- for that, hehe."

This is the reason for all his meaningful lyrics. He experienced it all himself.But...eperienced what? I can't ask him, he might think I'm trying to spy or he might think I don't believe him.

"It's autumn and its close to winter now ... but Okay, that sounds convincing." You gave him a glare. "Not very, though." 

He slightly shivered and scratched his neck. "I'm serious. It's hot today. Seriously, I'm fine. But, what are you still doing here? And you're alone too?" He looked around. "Where's Sang Won and Sophie?"

"They went to catch up with Taeil and P.O when they saw them walking off. I was a bit worried. Thought you would need a shoulder to cry on ... I mean, sweat on." You laughed. 

You felt your phone vibrate in your pocket so you pulled it out and checked. We might get home a little later. The boys want to show us some cool place near the river. Will message you when we're back - Sophie

"Aish. Seems live the T.V will have to keep me entertained while they're gone."

"Gone?" Zico rose his eyebrows. "If they're with the guys, I guess the T.V will have to keep me entertained too. Or do you have any other plans?" 

"After we left you guys, we thought of going home and rest. Seems like that's not going to happen. You?"

"We decided to stop at the grocery, since we ran out of a couple things and then return home." he replied.

You sat down beside his jacket on the bench. "The entire time, you had something on mind. Yet, you tried to distract yourself and smiled on. Right?"

He sat beside you and leaned his head back, viewing the stars. "It's no biggie. As a song-writer, it's a normal thing for me to have things on my mind. It was just a little too much. I had a slight headache. That's all"

Zico, you know I'm someone you can't lie to. It gets very obvious. I'm too smart.

"Then you should go home and sleep. That's for the best. We've been here for too long."

"Since the guys aren't there, I'll go pick up the groceries on the way and then go home. Gonna waste some time that way," he tapped the side of his forehead with his finger and winked. "So clever".

You chuckled,"Okay then,smart ,Im leaving first." 

"Bye~''

You were already walking away,a couple of metres between you when:

"Wait!''

''Ha?'' you turned around.

"I...I'm sorry,I forgot to ask for your number.." you could see a faint blush forming on his cheeks.You grinned.

"Sure!" You grabbed his phone from his hands, startling him, and entered your number saving it under the name ________. Smiling, you gave it back.

"Thanks.." he smiled.

"No probs! Now, Get going!"

You laughed and walked away.