Different Thoughts

Please Smile, Zico

Zico's P.O.V (Point of View)

"How was it at the radio station?", P.O asked.

"It was all good. "

Screw that. It was annoying. He had to keep asking questions. I had to explain the whole story behind my new album just so that they could start promoting my songs for me.

"Then that's good. How about we go and have a 'FIRST DAY OF PROMOTIONS FOR ZICO ON THE BLOCK 1.5' Drink, just as a Congratulations from me??" P.O asked.

"You're not inviting your hyung?" Taeil popped his head in the doorway. "I heard drink, so I'm coming. You both need an elder by your sides." 

"Oh, here we go again." P.O mumbled.

"I'm joking! Why do you not understand sarcasm?" Taeil frowned.

"Okay Okay. I sure miss having a drink with you guys, it's been a long time anyways." 

Things have been different back then. That's why. Happinness is a problem now.

 

"I'm driving!" Taeil said.

"Why You?! Give me the chance to drive! I JUST got my license, and I want to see how it feels! Please?!" P.O argued.

"And that is why I am DEFINITELY not letting your drive yet." Taeil ended the discussion.

"We haven't even arrived there yet and you already ruined my mood. I'm guessing all hyungs are like this" P.O crossed his arms.

"Can we just get into the car please?!" 

They looked at me. 

"Let's not argue over little things. I'm happy today, so why would you want me to frown instead of smiling?"

"Sorry." They both apologised.

The drive was quiet. Was it because I had too many things on my mind? Was I distracted? Were they trying to talk to me while I was daydreaming?

I got out of the car and banged the door closed as we reached our destination, a bar which was open 24/7 for public.We showed our IDs, to prove our adultry and entered. I've always liked this bar. It wasn't the stuffy kind, but it was very nice and a lot of light came in through the windows. Soft music played at all times, good enough to relax you. This place was for calm people and no one ever got drunk enough to cause chaos. Apparently a lot of idols visited this place and surprisingly enough that the public never bothered us. I guess this place is really sophisticated. Maybe fans didn't come here much?

I sighed as I dropped on to the leather seat and a waitress soon approached. Yeah. A waitress in a bar. For people like me who were always tired enough to go to the bartender and tell him what you want.

"Do you have Ukrainian vodka? Nemiroff to be precise?" said P.O.

I bet she's surprised a young man like him knows stuff.

"You're not drinking that." I stated with my eyes closed.

"But Hyung! Just one shot-"

"-can make your head spin like a ferrari's wheel. I said no." I looked up at the woman, "Get him a martini please."

"What about you sir?" she looked at me.

"Mochito. The normal one."

She looked at Taeil. "Jack Daniels for me."

"I'll be right back," and she was off.

Seconds passed and I decided opening my eyes now was a good idea and as I did, I spotted someone familiar.

Hmm. Pretty.. Just as pretty as ... the girl I bumped into!

"Hyung? Who are you staring at?" P.O turned around to look at the rear of the bar and spotted three girls happily chatting. A grin spread over his face. "Hyung.."

"Shut up. I wasn't looking at them." I relaxed back on the couch and shut my eyes again, trying not to smile.

"How did you know I was talking about them then?" teased P.O.

"Your orders." I was glad the waitress was there to save me and so I gifted her with one of my smiles. She blushed and hurried off. I rose my eyebrows.

"I bet the waitress knows who we are."

"I bet they know who we are too." Taeil nodded his head towards the three girls. I caught one of them say something to the other, who choked on her drink. I grinned and winked at Taeil, who blinked slowly.

"Hey! What's going on, hyungs? What's the plan?"

"It's simple," Taeil started, ''the curly head's mine." I chuckled and nearly choked myself.

By the time I was done with my drink and Taeil was lightly tipsy, the girls got up to leave. P.O gulped down the last of the liquid.

"Can't loose them. Hyung, get your up!'' 

"Jiho.." I looked at Taeil as he called me, "Look."

My head turned in the direction where he pointed and I immediatly understood the worried expression he wore.

A man, who obviously had enough booze to shake his senses out, got up and stumbled right towards the three girls on their way out. The curly haired girl pulled the black haired girl backwards, just in time as the man nearly fell on her.While the tallest had a confused expression, curly one looked scared. The third one looked pretty annoyed.

Hmm.I like her..

"What on planet earth are you doing?" questioned the curly haired one. She and her friend did not look Korean at all, but both seemed to know the language quite well.

"I jjusst wahnted too ... wnna go smwhere?'' spit the man, as he smiled drunkenly.

"WHY tell me, would I want to?" said the pretty girl whom I bumped into, with no respect at all. The three of us looked at each other. Definetly not korean, we thought. She noticed me and I gave her the thumbs up, making her smile.

"Cauz...i hhav money babez...and witth all thatt I cudd make yoo ladiezz happy -" My hand caught his as he tried to place it on her.

"Immaa! U..whoz dis young dsrespectful piece of..'' his body waved from side to side.

"I'm sorry to say ahjussi. But you're the disrespectful one here."

"I got money!! Ill pay for dese babez, cmon-"

"Hold Up!" the korean girl talked, "but do we look like to you?"

"PFFT!" the pretty girl was back, "I wouldn't go with him even if he was the last man on earth."

I tried to suppress a grin.

"Heard that? Now get out." and with that, P.O lifted the man off his feet by the colar and threw him out of the bar.

We turned around to the girls.

Your P.O.V

Wow. Fate brought us back. So we meet again, Zico.

"You." I smiled at him.

"And you." he smiled back.

"We met another way this time. I guess being saved by you is better than bumping into you." you said, giggling.

"I can not agree more. I don't remember introducing myself. Call me Zico." he said, reaching out his hand.

"and you can call me _____. I'm really glad we got to meet again." you gave him a warm smile, shaking his hand.

"I'm guessing you guys already know each other, huh?" P.O gave a goofy smile. "Hi! I'm P.O!"

And so, everyone introduced themselves.

"Should we sit?" Taeil asked, smiling at Sophie.

"Ladies first," P.O said, letting Sang Won sit beside him.

"So. Anyone thirsty?" Zico asked.

"I am but I realized that I always drink the same thing here. Any suggestions?" you asked.

"How about we try NEMIROFF!" P.O bursted out.

"P.O. No." Zico shook his head at him. "Mochito is good. My favourite actually."

"Then I should try that." you replied, giving a sympathetic smile to P.O.

Zico ordered the drinks while Sophie chatted with Taeil, and Sang Won talked with P.O.

"Did you cross the rest of the streets safely that day?" he asked, giving a cheesy grin.

"Hehe. Yes, yes I did." you laughed.

"Your drinks." a waitress placed the drinks on the table.

"Try this. Mochito." Zico pushed the glass to you. "Those boys over here never liked it. Let's see if you do."

You took a sip, and instantly realized it was very different from all the other drinks you ever had. A slight citrus taste (lime perhaps?) and an aroma of mint. Zico leaned forward and put his elbows on the low table, supporting his chin with his palms.

"So?" he grinned at you.

"Funny..you know,I hate mint, especially in gums.." his smile dissappeared.

"Sorry, I didn't-"

"-know?" You broke out laughing causing Zico's face to show confusion. He blinked twice and it made you laugh even more. "Of course you didn't, I met you today! And you didn't let me complete what I wanted to say."

"Oh. Sorry. So, umm, what do you think about it?" he asked, with a questioning look.

"I said, I don't like mint, BUT," you stuck your finger out, "I like this," you picked up the transparent glass and stared through it, "It's...good...in  a way..you feel as if you have been..refreshed, na getting me?" you looked back up at him.

"Ah do," his grin was back on, "know EXACTLY what you mean. It's like your brain has gotten rid of aaaalll the crap-" 

"you had in your mind before and now you're ready for more!"

"Waah _____. This should be a toast!!!" screamed P.O, "MANSAE!(cheers)".

You cracked up once again and Taeil cocked an eyebrow. He turned to Zico and mouthed:

Is he sane?

Zico made a motion of  'taking a shot' and rolled his eyes. Drunk? he mouthed back.

Taeil nodded. I think so! He then turned to everyone and said,"Guys, I have a suggestion. Unless anyone is busy, we can go out and take some fresh air in the nearest park. It's getting stuffy here."

"Ah, true true true. I feel too hot." said P.O. Taeil looked at Zico and gave him the poker face.

''Yeah sure.'' agreed Sang Won. "I think someone has been drinking a bit too much."

"I'll go pay and you go ahead with them." said Taeil to Sophie, who blushed, nodded and went along with the others.