PART l: The beginning

Please Smile, Zico

I'll be late. Oh my God I am seriously going to be late!

Your mind starts streaming scary images of what could happen to the performance if you weren't on time.

No. Not today. Of all the days of my pointless life, why be so stupid to wake up half an hour later when I have  a stage performance?

Maybe it might not seem that important, since it's 'whatever', some stupid dance performance for the school kids. But it's something you and your team have choreographed yourselves and it would be really bad to miss it, especially when you're the leader.

They're probably in the stage room already...waiting...and it would be cancelled...all because of me!

From the other side of the road, you could be seen standing there waiting for the green light so you could rush to wherever you needed to rush to.*Aish* You sighed and ruffled your shoulder-long, silky black hair.

Hm. Pretty. He thought and nothing else passed his mind, nothing at all as he turned back to watch for the traffic light. The moment his eye fell on it, it turned green and he started to walk across the road, swag-like. Nothing about showing off to say the truth. It was there, in him, a part of him you could see.

It finally changed to green and with all the energy you had from nervousness that morning you vrrrooommed off the pedastrian walking lane to the other side.The only problem was that you weren't exactly looking infront of you. Partly because there was a cute guy on the other side, and you were embarassed (you were always shy infront of nice guys like this one) and partly because instinct told you the direction was right there where you ran, which was true, except that it didn't tell you that you had that cute guy walking right into you.

Or well, that you were you running into him.

BOOF and THUD as you rebounced and fell backwards.As you fell, just as how a person does in this horrible slow motioned second, you had all kinds of things in your head. Like, why isn't HE falling?What's this guy's problem? And that it was funny how he swayed a bit but never fell. Or like,what if the light turns red for the pedestrians and a car runs over you? And OMG what's my team gonna do?! Im gonna die!

But that fraction of a moment was gone and you were back to your senses. He bent down, taking both your hand and pulled you up.

"I'm so sorry," he said,"I didn't mean to make you fall and-"

"No no!" Even though he was just freaking adorable, you had no time and so you sped up the talking bit,"It's my fault. I was running and I was the careless one. Sorry, I was just a bit distracted and wasn't paying much attention. And-Oh!" you both looked down and noticed for there were sheets, full of writing scattered on them,  spread on the ground. "These must be yours! I'm SO sorry, I'll pick them up for you!" You threw yourself on your knees and started collecting them, in a moment he was next to you.

"You know, we better be fast, or otherwise we'll probably die..."

You laughed. "I know. It would be my fault if we did. I'm extremely sorry."

As you stacked the papers neatly and fast, you couldn't help but read some of the writing.

Dead leaves:Stanza 2

I stumble with a thud as I show my faults

You can't tighten a screw to my ankle

As I calmly pretend that I'm alright,my body becomes frightening

My flesh hardened from emotions,must have been cut,my chest feels numb...

Completing was impossible as he snatched the sheets away from you.

"I apologize. I'm in a hurry just as much as you are. Be careful next time." he said, bowed and ran off. You stood there, paralyzed in wonder. I've never read anything so...

BEEEEP!!!!

Your head snapped to your side as a car skidded to a stop, just a half centimetre away from you.

"Kid! What's wrong with you? The Traffic light is green! You shouldn't be standing in the middle of the road!"

"Oh, I'm so sorry." *90 degree bow* You probably looked really small, pathetic and cute because the ahjussi's face softened.

"You be off now. Careful next time, eh?!" He shouted the last phrase as he saw you running away. Thank God it was a sunny day, a rarity for the beautiful, golden but sad autumn.

You flew into the backstage, right when the others were just going out there.

"Where were you?" hissed Sophie. Another university friend of yours, who just like you and Sang Won (also a good friend but korean) travelled to study in Seoul.

"Woke up late and had a little incident on the way!" you explained. She rolled her eyes at you and went on stage with you and Sang Won following from behind. She punched your shoulder.

~It's okay.~ she mouthed with a thumbs up. With the music on, the stage room went on fire.

You danced with all you heart, giving all your strength. As you threw a glance at your friends, it was obvious they were giving their best just as much as you were. I'm so proud of you, guys. Let's always give our best.

Just as the music came to an end, the kids smiled with impressed expressions and clapped. "WOW! Unnie, that was daebak! Good Job, Noona!"

"I'm guessing they enjoyed it," Sang Won joked.

" Don't be a fool. They LOVED it," Sophie added. "There must be a secret behind why they loved it that much though," she asked.

"Hello? Kids LOVE us. That's why." you gave them a cheesy smile. The three of you laughed all the way to your car, a black mini van, just like the idols'.You all felt quite comfortable inside it, because no one could see you, or what was behind the black tinted windows, which made it a place of privacy. It also had amazing leathered seats which were as soft as in heaven itself.

Sang Won got behind the wheel, you by her side and Sophie at the back.

"Should I turn on the radio?" Sang Won asked.

"Sure thing, chingu." The radio was on, and the three of you immediately started moving to the beat of an unknown song. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkhbzw1T-3M ) It ended as Sang Won's driving led the van to the traffic lights, which were red.

"-co's new song! Enjoy!" the radio's DJ said and another song, a very sad one started. It had a beat, but not one to dance to, so none of you went crazy like for the first one. It caught your attention unlike the two others, who were not listening at all. The song went on.

'Unidentifiable time and space
Hands and feet that seem to float in midair
Communion between reason and instinct
Drift into deep chaos then return again

I stumble with a thud as I show my faults
You can't tighten a screw to my ankle
As I calmly pretend that I'm alright, my body becomes frightening
My flesh hardened from emotions must have been cut, my chest feels numb

Damn, though I swallow pills, though I take 100 steps
It won't past, it keeps rewinding
Don't call, I won't pick up...'

Your eyebrows moved towards eachother and you tilted your head. Something familiar...I've never heard anything so...Wait. I have. But where?

Dead leaves...

I read that somewhere ... paper.. paper sheets! THE GUY I BUMPED INTO EARLIER TODAY!

By the time you've been thinking, the last couplets were heard,

'My frame that has half fallen away
And I in the Spring, who was so vibrant 
I'll fade away while longing for him
(down down down)
dead leaves..'

"Aaaaand that was the new song 'Dead Leaves' from Zico's album, Zico on the Block 1.5. A round of applause everyone, a round of applause!!"

Zico?

"Would you like to tell your listeners anything?"

" Um. Yeah. I hope you guys enjoyed that. I put a lot of work into it and I hope you will understand the meanings of the words, which I put my heart into. So yeah. Saranghae!'

"Awww Zico is very sweet to his fans! It's very impressive how he put a whole album together in a very short period of time, I heard! Let's hear it! After which we-"

The car skidded to a stop and Sang Won turned off the radio.

"AISH! Turn it back on you idiot!" you burst out.

Sang Won raised her eyebrows. "Sorry. I didn't mean to shout. I just wanted to listen to-''

"Zico? Yeah I know," she grinned, "He's awesome."

''Um..Who is he?''

''Joking? That means you don't know Block B, I'm guessing. HE is the leader of that AWESOME Group. He even lives nearby!'' Sophie flipped open her phone and gave it to you, there was a picture and some writing.

Rap Artist: Zico, Block B's leader.

Debut: April 15th, 2011

Age: 20

On top of the 'Zico' writing, the same young man you bumped into in the morning, with blondish-peach hair looked through the camera, right at you. He had swag, nothing about showing off to say the truth, but it was in him, you could see. A part of him that didn't quite explain the expression in the picture.