Bedroom Blues

So I've Heard

Kyuhyun knew from the moment he woke up that something was wrong.

Either he was getting really snugly with an oddly shaped wall (which Kyuhyun reasoned in his hazy half awake state wouldn’t exactly make sense seeing as the bed was situated in the middle of the room), or there was someone cuddling up to him. The warm breath tickling his ear and hand grabbing his indicated that no, this was not a wall, but a person.

Person.

Bed.

Sungmin.

Heechul.

It was all coming back to him.

Kyuhyun had half a mind to cut off Heechul’s precious hair in his sleep. Kyuhyun completely forgot about Sungmin and his wandering hands as he planned Heechul’s demise, glowing more gleeful as his ideas formed into something more sinister by the second, but then his mind snapped.

Wait, Kyuhyun thought. My !

Letting out a (manly) squeal, Kyuhyun flailed wildly, flopping his arms and legs in random directions in the midst of his panic, actually scooting closer over to Sungmin’s side without realising it.

Sungmin, startled awake by Kyuhyun’s rushed movements, was so shocked that he began to thrash around the bed, trying to gather his wits and work out what the hell was going on. For a moment, they flailed in beautiful harmony, the bed underneath them groaning in protest, but all good things come to an end.

Kyuhyun’s palm connected with Sungmin’s jaw, spurring on Sungmin’s panic and anger. He grabbed Kyuhyun’s arm, got his feet under his legs, and flung him onto the floor. What Sungmin didn’t expect, however, was for the suspected intruder to grab onto his arm and pull him down, too.

They both tumbled to the ground, falling over each other and rolling to a stop. Kyuhyun found himself atop a wild looking Sungmin, straddling his waist and holding his struggling arms to the floor. Kyuhyun knew it was never a good idea to let a martial artist loose. Sungmin breathed heavily, blinking to clear his eyes. His eyebrows knitted in confusion when he saw Kyuhyun’s face peering down at him, then it all dawned on him.

They kept each other’s gazes, catching their breaths while just staring each other, not exactly sure what to do. Sungmin stopped struggling, realising he wasn’t in danger, and just sat there waiting for his mind to fully catch up and break through the sleep induced haze. Kyuhyun froze, wondering what one should do in a situation like so. He opened his mouth to say something, but didn’t quite get the chance.

 Because that was when Sungmin head butted Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun fell backwards, falling off of Sungmin and clutched his head. He rolled around in pain, groaning and whining pitifully. “Hyung!” Kyuhyun protested, “How could you do that to me? Your precious dongsaeng.”

Sungmin sat up and rubbed his forehead, glaring down at the younger. “Oh my God, Kyuhyun. It’s called fan service. Do you see any fans around here?!”

Kyuhyun snapped his neck around and stared back at Sungmin, challenge in his eyes. “As if I wanted to do that! I’m not the one who flung me off the bed and onto the floor.”

“Well I’m not the one who started freaking out for no reason.”

“I had a reason!”

“What?”

Kyuhyun flushed. He didn’t want to tell Sungmin that he was the reason for his little freak out. Somehow it just seemed like a bad idea, though he wasn’t one hundred percent sure why.

“Um, because,” Kyuhyun said, wracking his brains for some kind of excuse. “Because… there was a uh, ladybug. Yes. A ladybug.”

Sungmin stared at him blankly. “A ladybug.” Kyuhyun swore he could see a vein pop out of Sungmin’s forehead. “You mean to say, you interrupted my beauty sleep and hit my precious face because of a ladybug?

Kyuhyun poked his index fingers together, now realising that his excuse didn’t sound all that great. “W-well it was a big ladybug. And don’t worry, the cordi noonas will fix your eye bags up like they always do! I mean, I’ve seen you look much worse than this. When you put on makeup, you look youthful again.”

Kyuhyun realised he must’ve said something wrong when Sungmin’s eyes widened in fury.

Well , Kyuhyun thought, I think I unleashed the tiger.

Kyuhyun closed his eyes and shied away, waiting for the incoming attack. After a few seconds Kyuhyun lowered his arms, peeking over uncertainly at the older male, wondering why he hadn’t attacked yet. To Kyuhyun’s horror, Sungmin looked upset. Genuinely upset. Emotional things were not his forte. Had he offended Sungmin somehow? Kyuhyun waved his arms around tentatively, wanting to reach out and make things better, but unsure how to. Sungmin said nothing, and Kyuhyun’s alarm grew.

Right. He had this. Kyuhyun had watched enough dramas in his lifetime to at least come up with a decent idea of how to approach this. First, he needed to establish physical contact, then ask what was wrong. Yes. That would work perfectly, Kyuhyun thought.

Shuffling forwards, Kyuhyun put his hand on Sungmin’s shoulder and looked into his eyes.

Kyuhyun realised, after this, that he should never open his mouth again if he didn’t want to make things a hundred times worse.

“Was it something I said?”

Sungmin’s lips quirked down and he brushed Kyuhyun’s hand off of his shoulder. “Go away.”

Kyuhyun blinked. “Well we can’t stay mad forever now, can we? How’re we going to pull off the fan service challenge if we’re all grumpy?”

Sungmin stood abruptly. “Screw the fan service! I don’t even want to do this anymore. It’s stupid and immature.”

Affronted, Kyuhyun reeled back. “F-fine, it’s not like I cared anyway.” Because Kyuhyun totally didn't care that he wouldn't have an excuse to get close to Sungmin on stage anymore. Nope. He didn't care one bit.

“Fine.”

“Fine.”

Kyuhyun watched with narrowed eyes as Sungmin stormed out of the room, thinking, what the hell just happened?

 

A/N: I DID IT (long suffering sigh) I UPDATED. I'm so sorry for not updating in forever. I don't even have a good excuse OTL. /apologises 1000 times.