Never trust Heechul

So I've Heard

 

The next morning, everyone gathered together to have breakfast.

Although it wasn’t a particularly pleasant breakfast for Heechul, Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Leeteuk. Leeteuk couldn’t stop sending Kyuhyun and Sungmin death stares, and Kyuhyun and Sungmin couldn’t help but keep noticing Heechul staring over his bowl, looking suspicious and contemplative, which was never a good thing coming from Heechul.

When Kyuhyun leaned over to whisper about a new plan he’d come up with the night before, Heechul had squinted his eyes and stared until the two became so uncomfortable they backed away, feeling and looking extremely guilty, for reasons they didn’t quite understand. There was just something in Heechul’s expression that made them automatically want to get on their knees and apologise to the 'oh so wise' master Heechul.



 

 

Heechul always prided himself on being smarter than your average Joe, and much smarter than the rest of the lot in Super Junior, who really should’ve, in his opinion, gone back to high school and learned a thing or two.

And because he was smarter than everyone in Super Junior, he realised that something wasn’t quite right between the maknae and martial arts master. The night before he had went to visit them, with the best intentions, and heard them speaking through the thin walls about winning a fan service challenge—seeing who could outdo the other.

As Heechul chomped on a bite of cereal, it all clicked.

Why Sungmin had seemed so adamant that they weren’t together, and why he was so confused during several situations—like during Strong Heart. They must’ve been making it all up. They must’ve been making fun of the members, and making everything as awkward as possible just for laughs and to make everyone look the fool.

Heechul his chin while chomping on his cereal, feeling half offended and half amused by his realisation. And it didn’t take him long to figure out several ways to humiliate them back, because nobody tricked Kim Heechul and got away with it.



 

 

Later that night, when all the members were getting ready to go to bed, Heechul decided to strike.

“Why don’t you two push your beds together? It must be lonely sleeping apart like that,” Heechul remarked as they all sat in the private lobby, staring the two down with a challenging glare, that to everyone else, looked like the glare of the scariest demon they could imagine.

And Kim Heechul was the scariest demon-like thing they could imagine.

Kyuhyun shuddered, for a moment, intimidated, and then he sat up straighter and chuckled, trying to seem unaffected by Heechul’s glare, but everyone could see right through him anyway.

“W-well it just seems like such a big effort to push everything around. I mean we’re only staying here for a few weeks so-“

“A few weeks?” Ryeowook said, interrupting Kyuhyun, a hand on his chest and a small gasp coming from his lips. “How terrible! You two must be so lonely. Imagine all the nights spent apart.” Everyone shifted around uncomfortably on their chair, but Ryeowook didn’t seem to understand, or notice that he was making things a little awkward for everyone.

“I-I mean,” Kyuhyun said, feeling a bit flustered, “Sure it does get a bit lonely sometimes but you know, we’re so close that I guess, I mean it doesn’t feel like we’re apart that much and it’s not like I have to be attached to Sungmin all of the time because we’re so entrenched in our love that we just understand each other and have this deep, deep bond that doesn’t necessarily have to be physical or anything because our hearts are connected like dot to dot’s and we just—“

“Kyuhyun,” Sungmin said, hand on his head. “Shut up.”

Kyuhyun shrank in his chair.

Heechul cackled (in his head) and silently thanked Ryeowook for making the situation turn super weird. “I’ll help you put the beds together,” Heechul offered, oh so kindly.

The maknae grimaced while trying to smile, and Sungmin just stared back suspiciously at his kind offer.

Sungmin had this gut feeling that something was wrong, and when it came to Heechul, you could never be too careful.

 

A/N: Can I just... have a moment. Like I'm seriously so thankful to all of you guys who comment and read AND I JUST LOVE YOU, OKAY? I have no idea how I got this many subscribers, seriously, but I'm just feeling the love omg.