Chapter 6

LOVE

U-KWON'S POV

I grabbed her wrist and shifted my face closer to hers. She looked at me with wide eyes. I gaped at her, unexpectedly shocked of her calling me by my name.

“You actually just called me by my name.”

“No I didn’t,” she shook her head while trying to budge from my grip. I fasten her whole body against the walls.

“You just did, Jiyeon.”

JIYEON'S POV

His clench is too firm; I can’t escape his alluring eyes. I just shifted my gaze, but I can feel his face next to mine! Ugh! But suddenly my stomach went ggggrrrrrrrrrrrr!

We are both distracted with the grumbling sound of my hungry stomach craving for some chow. He snickered and smirked.

“Your stomach is calling your attention.” He loosens up and I make my way out of the room to get some snacks. I can see him walking next to me. Is he really stalking me? But why? Before I reached the door knob, I turned my back on him.

“Hey,”

“What?”

“I noticed that you’re always there wherever I am. Are you trying to watch my every move? Answer me, NOW.”

“Really? I’m there wherever you are? How come? Don’t you think it's just coincidence you more on?” he’s pointing his finger on my head, like I’m a real dim-wit.

“Coincidence? How come you’re in the cemetery yesterday? You’re in the same street where I am earlier. So is that coincidence? I’m a dork but I’m not a fool! I’m also a political science student like you and I’m smart, you know that.”

“I’m in the cemetery yesterday because----“

My stomach went grumbling again causing our conversation to be cut. Damn you stomach! I sighed and went my way to the kitchen down stairs.

 

U-KWON'S POV

Her stupid stomach saved me from her simultaneous questions. She left me here in her paradise. I comfortably sat on her white couch and leaned my body against it. I sighed and took a gaze around her place; almost everything is pink- all shades of pink. Well, who could blame her, she’s a girl. I noticed the paintings hanging on her pink walls. There are paintings beside her main window, one at the left and one at the right. Most of these paintings are abstract with the combination of baby blue and pink pigments.

“She’s an artistic person, I think.” I’m talking to my self while examining everything here. A mural caught my eye and I noticed a name written right at the bottom of the painting. I stood up from being seated and walked forward to read the name.

“Whaaaaaaat? Ugh, no more snacks?!!!!” her monotonous scream reached my ears and didn’t have the chance of minding the mural. I swiftly ran downstairs and head to their kitchen.

“What are you freakin’ about?” I asked her while she’s like a child lying on the floor begging for some snacks.

“Mom didn’t leave me ready to eat food!! I hate her!!” She nagged although the minute.

“Jiyeon!”

“What?!”

“Don’t you know how to cook for yourself?” she just pouted and rolled her eyes. What do you call a 21 year old LADY that does not know how to cook for herself?

“Let’s go to the mini mart instead of waiting for MIRACULOUS MIRACLE!” I freely stated. She lifted her head and smiled. She stood up and grabbed my hand. We irresponsibly left the house to buy some chow.

“You’ve got a good idea!” yeah, how could bad ideas popped out from a head of a Kim Yukwon?

We ran fast as we could while she’s grabbing my hand all through the way.

“Wait….. Jiyeon, wait!” I muttered as I tried to budge out from her hands. She didn’t turn her back or even her head on me. I can hardly breathe

“Run faster! I can almost see the mini mart!” dorky exclaimed while pointing to that mini mart. Yes! at last, here we are standing right outside the mini mart. We are standing here for a couple of minutes to revive our just been squeezed lungs from running a long distance.

I can see her jaw dropped, almost drooled face looking at some customers eating inside the store.
“Hey! Don’t just stand there and watch them eat! We are here to buy not to watch.” I irritably said while pushing her towards the store door.

“Alright, alright! You don’t have to push me you monkey!” she ducked my hands off her shoulders and she pulled the door.

“Uh… it wouldn’t open.” She keeps on pushing that door and keep nagging ‘bout it.

“Are you stupid or something? Can’t you read? Pull not push!” I just rolled my eyes and pulled the door and made my way inside the store. She’s a little dumb head. God, why am I hanging out with her? You can’t read and understand fate, sometimes it can deceive you. Just look at me now, hanging out with this stubborn, dorky faced Jiyeon.

JIYEON'S POV

Stupid Jiyeon! How could you possibly make that stupid mistake in front of Mr. Perfect Pest? Ouch, did I say PERFECT? I don’t think so.

He came in to the store first and now I can’t find him. There are so many sections and I don’t know where to start. I walked though these maze but still, I can’t find him. Where is Yukwon? Whoa, I noticed myself that I actually called him by his name, how come?

U-KWON'S POV

I just walked and walked passing all the things sold in this store. I don’t even hear Jiyeon voicing out on what she wants to eat. I decided to ask her, so I turn my back and stop walking for a while.

“Jiyeon, what do you wan----.” she’s not walking from behind? I looked all over the place and I can't spot her. Haaaaaaayyy... I think she’s pissed off from her “stupid 101” a while ago. I just smirked to myself and continued shopping. Now that I’m here, it’s time for me to eat!

JIYEON'S POV

WHAT THE… I’m tired of searching for that pest. Why am I looking for him in the first place? I sighed and just grabbed a sandwich and a burger near the counter. I’m pretty hungry, hungry for that debate and from that long rung saving my life from those carnivorous dogs.

I sat on an available seat to delight my scrumptious snack. I’m facing on a west side of sight and I can see an orange glare through these glass walls. I took a bite while being fascinated by the glowing beauty of this everyday phenomena they call sunset. The mixing of warm colors fading to cool colors which signifies the coming of the evening sun that shines with the stars sparkling through my eyes all through the night. I missed all those poetic thoughts once been lost from my mind for a long time.

“Cherishing the sunset too much, don’t you?” a familiar masculine voice approached my ears. My cynosure was ruined by no other than Yukwon.

U-KWON'S POV

“Can I sit beside you?” I asked her with my oh-so annoying tone.

“If I say no, would you mind obeying it? I don’t think so.” She continued munching her burger while being hypnotized by the sunset that is almost in front of us. So there, I sat beside her. I keep staring at her. She’s serene, far from her everyday stubborn acts.

“Why do you keep your eyes pinned on that sunset? What’s so special about it?” She lost her focus and turned her head on me.

“As I can feel, my life is like a sunset. All through the sun’s rising, unexpected things came up, like my problems and tangles in life. I just wait for tomorrow and let my problems fade away, like the coming sunset that leaves her problems for the moon to heal it overnight. Then, after my life and heart is healed, I’m ready to face tomorrow’s sun and overcome its new challenges.”

Those words of hers made my body cold and shiver. I looked at her with wide eyes, where did she dig those words. It’s too deep for a person like her. It’s like a hidden persona lies inside her.

“Jiyeon, to be frank with you, are you a former psychotic or something? You’re too dee--.”

She smiled at me with a clear and consoled face.

“Yeah, I know what you’re talking about. You’re shocked with my hidden deepness, aren’t you?” I just looked at her, befuddled and thunderstruck. She smiled again and spoke.

“I’m really different way back then. Not like the stubborn, kicked faced you know.” She shifted her glance to her front but still, speaking to me.

“Being with our class is really unexpected for me; political science is not on my way I think. It is the only thing that can expunge my past, my artistic past.”

Artistic past? I can still remember the first day she came up in our class. Yeah, like 3 years ago. She stood there swollen with pride introducing herself, hiding her real persona she’s showing me right now. All I can remember is that…..

“I’m Park Jiyeon, shifted from fine arts. Nice meeting you, I hope we can be friends.” Oh a fine arts student, I see that’s why she said artistic past. But why does she want to expunge her times of yore? I remember those paintings hanging on her walls, I think she painted those before.

“About the paintings on your room, you painted all of those?”

“Yeah, I did.” She chuckled. “But there’s a painting that is not a work of mine.” She again shifted her sight and ignored my glare. I can see her teary eyes, is that mural she’s inferring about?

“Is that the mural?” the moment my question finished, a tear fell down from her watery eyes. Oh no, I did nothing to make her cry. Hey what’s the matter with you?

“Hey don’t cry, I did nothing.” I nervously said while wiping some of her tears. I don’t care if this is Jiyeon I’m trying to make calm. I know my atmosphere can make girls cry but I DID NOTHING! She just continued her moment and silence is all you can vision while looking at her.

“Can I ask you? What is the name written at the bottom of the mural?” she stopped her sobbing moment and looked at me.

“Lim… Lim Hyunsik. My boyfriend.”

That name.... Made my ears quiver.....