Chapter 5

LOVE

“Jiyeon, go down stairs and say thank you to that gentle man.” Mom said before leaving my room. I just frowned and said no…

GENTLE MAN? Did I hear that word from my mom? I can’t analyze. I think it’s a wrong analogy… Beast: Pest: Kim Yukwon: GENTLE MAN??? . I don’t want to leave my room until that pest go. Mom opened the door and showed me an angry face.

“What did I tell you young lady? Go down stairs and say thank you. He saved you from being eaten by those silly dogs.”

“NO!!! Why should I? I RATHER DIE from being chased by 5 pit bulls than to say thank you to a man named Kim Yukwon! You don’t understand mom, he’s my-“

“Yes I know, he’s your debate rival, right? Don’t be childish Jiyeon. You’ll erase your gratefulness because of rivalry? You’re not a good lawyer then.” Mom gave me a teasing look. I just pouted my lips and covered my whole body with comforter and nagged as if I am a 5 year old girl.

“Whatever you say mom, I’m still not doing it. N.E.V.E.R!”

“Oh daughter, you’re such a geek girl. Oh well, I’m going to see my clients for this year and I’ll be going home next two weeks, okay. I’ll be leaving you for almost two weeks, so be a mature girl like I want you to be. Your dad will come home next week so take care of yourself.”

Mom sat beside my comforter wrapped body while tapping my hips like a mom charming her baby girl. I removed the comforter off my face and I just smiled to her. She my messed up hair and kissed me on the forehead.

“Mom...”

“Yes?”

“Can you make that pest go away? Please..” I blinked my eyes and revealed my puppy eyes. Mom just laughed and laughed.

“You childish Jiyeon. Like what you said… whatever Jiyeon, I’m still not doing it.”

I just looked at her shockingly for being an impersonator of mine. She stood up from my bed and went her way out of my room. But still, she’s laughing. I’m sorry for saying this … you mom! The door opened once more and mom’s head peeped in. she stuck her tongue out and winked at me. She called me a geek a while ago, so what do you call her?

U-KWON'S POV

I’m waiting here like an idiot so I decided to walk to their garden. I didn’t expect that naive Jiyeon taking care of these beautiful pink daisies. It reminds me of my---

“Mr. Kim, I’m sorry I made you wait.” I turned my back and Jiyeon's mom is smiling at me and apologizing.

“It’s okay ahjumma. Is she okay now?” wow! Am I asking if that immature Jiyeon is okay now? I just hid my dark persona.

“Yes she is now. Uhmm, she’s resting in her room upstairs. If you want to see her, it’s probably okay”

Her mom is way different from that dork. Her mom is intelligent, sophisticated woman. An interesting one for me, she said she’ll leave now for work so it’s just me and Jiyeon left here in this house.

I went inside their house and noticed some pictures hanging on walls. From what I see in these pictures, she’s an only child, one and only child. I think that’s why she’s like that. A picture of her caught my eye. Her characteristic in this picture is different from what she is now. She looks like a happy individual but in a deep aura, an artistic one. I caught myself glued at her picture. I just shook my head and put the picture down.

*****FLASHBACK*****

“Mr. Kim, I’m sorry I made you wait.” I turned my back and Jiyeon's mom is smiling at me and apologizing.

“It’s okay ahjumma. Is she okay now?”

“Yes she is now. Uhmm, she’s resting in her room upstairs. If you want to see her, it’s probably okay”

*****END OF FLASHBACK*****

Yeah, she’s in her room now. I looked up and noticed a pink door with a name pinned on the door. It is spelled as J. I. Y. E. O. N. I just snickered and made my way upstairs. Does she have to hang her name pinned on her door? What an immature thing to do. I opened her room’s door; a pink wonderland welcomed me in. I stepped inside her pinky land. Paintings are hanging on her walls. I toured my eyes all over her room. It’s so spacious and a somewhat dark violet plush toy trapped my thoughts. I grabbed it and stretched its legs like I’m strangling it. I hate plush toys and I’m happy to destroy some of these and make them look broke.

I felt a hard something being threw on my back.

“What are you doing here?! What are you doing with my tam-tam?!” An angry little voice exclaimed. I spun around and there she is standing before her bed, holding a pen. A pen?

“I’m gonna kill you! Ahhhhh!” she ran to me and holding her pen in a killer manner. I ran before she can catch me. This dim-wit is gritty to bug me off.

“Who told you to come here inside my room without my permission?! Huh? You pest get out of here!!!!!” we just chasing each other around the room. I jumped in to her soft bed and grabbed a pink with white stripes pillow and made it as my shield. She grabbed my shirt and clutched my neck. She pinned me down to her bed while she’s over me and trying to stab me with her pen. Air can’t exceed to my throat, I can’t breathe. I just closed my eyes. Don’t stab my beautiful visage you dork, it’ more gorgeous than yours!

“You nuisance, who told you to come in? Her little voice turns into a monster like tone. Let go of me!

“You’re mom told me to! Stop it!” She loosens her clutch on my neck and she looked at me like she’s befuddled. She put down her pen and sat down on top of me.

“Mom told you?”

“Yes! So can you please let go of me?”

JIYEON'S POV

I can see his eyes like a puppy begging to his master and I can feel his hands shaking. Oh shocks, I didn’t realize I’m sitting on top of him! I panicky jump off of him and pushed him off my bed.

“Oww…” now he’s wincing in pain. I laughed at him and made faces. He looks so pissed off and he spanked me with my pillow.

“What was that? You want a pillow fight then?”

“Bring it on!” he exclaimed and he jumped in my bed again as I did. We clout each other while laughing when we hit a nice blow! This is better than a debate, for sure!

“I’M GONNA GET YOU OUT OFF THIS ARENA!”