Chapter 4

LOVE

U-KWON'S POV

Okay, this is the last pair before us. I just watched them and pretty disappointed with this pair. They are not doing their best to make each other lose! Heck, they should make an aggression to win.

JIYEON'S POV

I CAN FEEL MY HANDS ARE SHAKING. Well I hid my nervousness from that pest. I’m sure if he noticed me being anxious, I will not able to concentrate with this.

“Next pair.. Our best students. Kim Yukwon and Park Jiyeon. Let’s watch them battle again on the hot debate stage.”

Did Mr. Kwon call my name? Or I’m just hallucinating?

“Jiyeon, it’s your turn now” my seat mate Seulbyul shook me and telling me I’m the next one.

I stood up and picked my side. I picked the agree side. Mr. Pest Yukwon stared me with his eagle eyes. I just smirked and he replied with the same way.

So I started the debate, coz I’m in the agree side.

“ I, agree to continue the death penalty law in our country. This will minimize the crime rate and motivate the people to have moral acts.”

“How can you say moral? I think people will not motivated because death penalty is not moral itself, right? So I, not be of the same opinion to this death penalty law” the debate is starting but I’m ready to show what I’ve got!

“But look, if your loved one lost its life by a criminal. I’m sure you want to get paid by the criminal’s life too.”

“But taking one’s life for a payback can’t bring the life of the dead, so why death penalty? It’s useless,”

“But criminals will not be terrified of strangling people if no strong law will hold them down righ?. I’ll ask you, would you do a thing that is STRONGLY prohibited by the law and your life will be in return? I think not. If you know your life will be at stake, I’m sure you’ll not do it.” 
What’s happening to him? He did not answer me back? How come? Hey Mr. Pest Yukwon say something, I’m not satisfied yet. We’ve just started!

“So, as we can see ladies and gentlemen, Ms. Park Jiyeon won for this pair!”

Those words are easily absorbed by my brain! I smiled but not too wide, just to show my joy for being the winner. I turned my back to Mr. Pest Yukwon and he just frowned and walked away. he didn’t bother to congratulate me, like I always congratulate him when he wins. Never mind him Jiyeon. That’s him, his bad aura.

I decided to walk back home just to be with my friend wind. The climate complements with my feeling. The sun shines brightly and I can smell the fresh scent of mint.

I walked gleefully on the road. I bumped a group of pit bulls with their master. The dogs looked at me and their saliva is oozing from their mouth, seemed like they want to eat me. I ran away and the dogs budged from their master and chased me. I know pit bulls are fast runners. Is this my end? I ran and fastened my pace. I can hear them barking. Oh no!!!!!!!! I can’t breathe. My sweat is coming all over my body. I’m tired, but I have to run for my life! I entered a narrow street near our house. I almost ran for an half kilometer! I can’t feel my legs now and I can’t catch my breath. Oh no, my asthma is attacking me! I have a severe kind of asthma so I can’t tire myself in such strenuous activities like running…. I’m out of oxygen. I’m down with my knees and slowly closed my eyes.

“Jiyeon!” I can hear a voice and feel those arms carrying me… no, I’m just hallucinating. It’s Hyunsik saving me.

I opened my eyes and I can see a blurry image of a woman in front of me.

“Jiyeon, are you okay now? Can you breathe now?”

“Mom? How did I get in my room?” I really don’t know how I get in this room.

“A guy brought you here, his name his Kim Yukw…”
“What??? Are you serious??? Kim Yukwon? Brought me here?”
“Yes honey, you know him? Why are you so shocked?”

I just stay there in my bed, S.H.O.C.K.E.D. why? I’m right he’s been a stalker! That son of a Pest! Ugh!!!!

“he’s on the living room honey… waiting for you to wake up. Go there and say thank you. Go on honey.”
Thank you? No way!!!!!