Chapter 18

Close to You

"Appa,Umma..."

Sooyoung looked down at her hands,trying to continue what she wanted to say to them. Sooyoung and her parents had gotten closer over the past weeks. They would tuck her in bed and kiss her on the cheek in the morning. They wanted to make memories with their youngest daughter, missing almost twelve years of her life.

"Yes,Youngie..." Her appa sat across from her and held her hand, he even flashed her a smile. Umma put her hands on Sooyoung's shoulders and smiled at her. "Yes my aegi?"

"Was there something you forgot to tell me.."Sooyoung was still trying to find the right words.

She was scared.

What if they send her back?

"Tell you what?"Her appa shot her a look of concern. Sooyoung breathed out,"Did the doctor tell you?"

"Tell us what?"Her umma asked and rubbed her daughter's shoulders.

"Umma, I missed my period... and I threw up today..." There, I finally said...Sooyoung thought. Her parents looked at each other. A thought came up in Sooyoung's mind, Why did they hide this from me?

"Sooyoung, we were informed by the doctor that there was a possibility...."Her appa stated and didn't finish his sentence.

"That you are pregnant."Sooyoung's father concluded.

Sooyoung stood frozen,taking in the news.

Me?Pregnant?

 

..

 

It has been three days.

Sooyoung never left her room in those three days and refused to come out to eat.Luckily she had a bathroom in her room to do her business and had  some snacks stored in her room.It only lead to Sooyoung throwing up what she ate and just later fell asleep with any empty stomach. Sooyoung turned her phone off so Sunny or her friends wouldn't contact her and  wouldn't let her parents or siblings in, at that time Sunny didn't even know yet.

Sooyoung awoke by a knock on her door.

"Go away..."Sooyoung croaked. She had cried so much in those three days,Sooyoung didn't even want to look in the mirror to see her appearance.

"Youngie,please open up..."

"Halmoni..."Sooyoung whispered."Halmoni has made your favorites...and I want to talk to you."She heard her grandmother through the door.Being quiet,Sooyoung had to resist her grandmother's meal.

"Choi Sooyoung.You will unlock this door."Halmoni's voice was stern. Quickly getting up,Sooyoung unlocked and opened the door.Halmoni did make all my favorite food...Sooyoung thought when she saw her grandmother carry a tray inside her room.

"You will eat after we talk..."Halmoni patted on her lap and Sooyoung sat on her grandmother's lap and put her arms around her halmoni."Aigoo,my Sooyoungie is so big.I remember when you were so small, a little twelve-year-old!Now looka at you, a beautiful young woman!"

"Halmoni..."Sooyoung said into her grandmother's shoulder,"I'm scared...What if appa and umma don't want me anymore because I'm some know that...I'm pregnant.What will Sunny think?"Sooyoung said fast and tears getting ready to fall.

"Sooyoung look at me."Halmoni grabbed Sooyoung's face to make her at look her in the eyes."Your family loves you.Sunny loves you.God loves you.We will be standing right be your side every step of the way.Whatever decision you choose we will love you no matter what."Her grandmother kissed her on the cheek.

"Now eat up,my love."

 

..

 

Sooyoung slept beside her grandmother that night and decided to join her family the next day.Letting her grandmother sleep,Sooyoung desended down the staircase.

Sooyoung saw her appa reading the newspaper and her umma eating while watching the news,she guessed her oppa and unnie came over over for breakfast because they were seated next to her parents.She noted that Sunny's parents and siblings accompanied her brother and sister and was seated next to them.

She heard a laugh she didn't hear in a while.

My SoonKyu.

Letting out a deep breath,Sooyoung stepped inside the dining room. She was engulfed with a hug by Sunny and was planted kisses on both cheeks,her forehead, and finally her lips.

"Choi Sooyoung,I missed you."Sunny put her forehead against Sooyoung's.

"I love you."Sooyoung smiled.

Sooyoung looked at her family and announced,"I was wondering if I can talk to all of you after breakfast."

 

 

 

 

A/N:What will Sooyoung do now?How will Sunny react?Please comment and enjoy! and upvote! :DD