Meet An Old Friend Again???

Deduced A Way To You

 

“We already got the result from the MRI and other tests, we can proudly said that patient’s brain did not show any damage or side effect from the fall and the operation. The patient can go back after a few days if there are no further injuries or illness.” The doctor scanned through the result in his hands and smiley said to Yong Hwa and others there.

“Gomawoyo, doctor.” Yong Hwa and his mother said in unison as they sent the doctor out.

“Abeonim, thank goodness that you didn’t have any side effect and you will be discharge in few days.” Seo Hyun smiley said.

“Aigoo… I miss my bed so badly. I can’t sleep nicely last night.” Yong Hwa’s father smiley said. This was the third days after the incident.

“Appa, you are not missed you bed, you missed eomma so badly until you can’t sleep whole night.” Yong Hwa playfully said.

“Ya, jashik. Even you know that, you also shouldn’t say it out loud.” Yong Hwa’s father joined in Yong Hwa’s joke and everyone laughed at Yong Hwa’s father’s claim.

“Yeobo, since now you are completely healthy, I got something to tell you.” Yong Hwa’s mother said as the laugh faded.

“What’s so serious expression?” Yong Hwa’s father asked.

“I already decided to come down from the president seat because I’m tired already and I want to spend time with you while it still possible.” Yong Hwa’s mother said calmly.

“You should do it early. Yong Hwa, you finally decided to come back? That’s good news.” Yong Hwa’s father widely smiled and said.

“Appa, I…” Yong Hwa did not know how to answer his father. He never thought that his father will be so excited to have him back in company.

“Yeobo, don’t get too excited. I’m coming down but the chosen one is not Yong Hwa. As you know that Yong Hwa never wants to work in the company, so I already give up in forcing him anymore. I’m going to pick someone from the managers to take over the company.” Yong Hwa’s mother answered for Yong Hwa.

“I see… that’s good too… Yong Hwa-ah, don’t worry about the company anymore, your eomma will not force you anymore. You can continue with what you want to do.” Yong Hwa’s father forced a smile formed on his face, although he was a bit disappointed that Yong Hwa was not coming back as he wish, but as long as Yong Hwa was happy with what he was doing now, he was fine with it.

“Appa, eotteokhe? I just make up my mind to come back to kick eomma down from the president seat, but now she appointed someone else. Looks like she doesn’t want to give me the chance to kick her down.” Yong Hwa suddenly said and made everyone in the room surprised with his choice.

“Oppa, are you saying the truth? You really want to help abeonim and eommeonim to take care of the company?” Seo Hyun asked in hopeful voice.

“Yong Hwa, if you really want to come back to company, I’ll happily move down from the seat, you don’t need to kick me down at all.” Yong Hwa’s mother also hopefully said.

“Yong Hwa-ah, please tell me that you are not joking this time, or I’ll be in big disappointment otherwise.” Yong Hwa’s father said carefully.

“I’m sorry but… but this is…” Yong Hwa playfully paused in the middle to make them three impatient with his answer before he continued. “Of course it’s true.”

“But how, oppa? You still rejected it until last night, what make you change your mind?” Seo Hyun asked in doubt.

“What make me change my mind is not important, what important is I’m glad that I change my mind because everyone is happy with my choice.” Yong Hwa avoided the question.

“Yong Hwa-ah… if you only choose to come back because you want us happy and sacrifice your own happiness, then I will prefer your eomma to choose someone else for the place. Your future life is more important than the company.” Yong Hwa’s father stopped smiling as he felt that Yong Hwa was somehow forced himself to choose this choice and that was the last, no… that was not what he want to see at all.

“If given the me in past, I’ll pull you back without giving you to change your thought but now, I’m with your appa. Don’t do it for us, do it for you and only you.” Yong Hwa’s mother also agreed with her husband.

“You all are looking me down so much? You three are the closest people with me and do you all thought that I’ll give up just to make you all happy? If I decided on one thing, there is no one can force me to change my mind. I also not going to change my mind, even that will make others happy, if that choice will stop me from doing what I want. So, in conclusion, I change my mind because I want to, not because of anyone.” Yong Hwa smiley said.

“Oppa!” Seo Hyun was happy with Yong Hwa that he finally understood that and hugged him happily.

“Then, I’ll go on to announce this news, together with your wedding, in tomorrow morning’s meeting. Of course, I’ll not let you take over totally in sudden, you will be in my place but I’ll continue to help you from behind until you finally familiar with all you job. You also need to meet all our business partners and form a bond with them, only then they will continue to help you. How is that sound to you?” Yong Hwa’s mother suggested.

“Eomma, I thought you are going to stop immediately tomorrow and I will spoil the company totally later. Luckily that you say you will still helping me until I familiar with everything.” Yong Hwa appreciated his mother’s suggestion a lot.

“I also can help you, oppa. I’m senior than you in this company, so don’t feel bad to ask for my help.” Seo Hyun said proudly.

“With the help of your eomman and Seo Hyun, I’m sure that you will pick up very fast, Yong Hwa.” Yong Hwa’s father happily said. He finally waited until this day to see his son take over his business.

“I’ll not let you all down. I’ll show Byul that his appa is a capable person too.” Yong Hwa nodded and said.

“Byul?” Yong Hwa’s father and mother looked at each other in clueless. They did not know that Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun gave their baby that nickname before.

“Ne, abeonim and eommeonim, Byul is the nickname Yong Hwa oppa gave to this baby, since we still don’t know if it’s a he or she yet.” Seo Hyun informed the two.

“Oh, I see…” Yong Hwa’s father and mother said in unison.

*******

“Seo Hyun! Here!” Hwang Mi Young stood up to wave and get Seo Hyun’s attention.

“Mi Young eonni!” Seo Hyun happily greeted her as she went to the table. Yong Hwa was followed from behind too as they head straight here from Yong Hwa’s father room.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Hwang Mi Young-ssi.” Yong Hwa politely greeted Seo Hyun’s friend.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Please take a seat. Oh, one more thing, please call me Tiffany now, I don’t use that name anymore.” Hwang Mi Young aka Tiffany said.

“So, Tiffany eonni, why do you call us to meet in sudden?” Seo Hyun asked.

“Actually, I’m leaving soon, so I want to meet you for the last time, before I leave.” Tiffany said.

“Mwo? Eonni, we just meet again and you are leaving soon? Why so sudden?” Seo Hyun was surprised with Tiffany sudden revelation.

“I also don’t want to leave,” Tiffany said and paused a second to secretly glanced to Yong Hwa before she continued. “But I have to. My appa want me to go back now because he said his day is coming soon and he wants me to be with him until the last moment.” Tiffany said sadly.

“Appa? I never know that eonni appa is still alive. In my memory, I never know or saw him.” Seo Hyun was surprised again.

“I also don’t know that he is still alive, as my eomma always tell me that he is already died when I’m still a baby, but he come to me in sudden two years ago and told me that I’m his lost daughter. We already confirm it with DNA test, he is my biological appa.” Tiffany explained.

“I see… then where is he now? Do you really want to leave Seoul and we can’t meet each other again?” Seo Hyun asked.

“He is in an island below Jeonnam, he said our family was all stayed in there for generations already and he wants me to go back and take care of the family because I’m the oldest between his other children.” Tiffany said.

“Even though we still can see and contact each other, right?” Seo Hyun asked hopefully.

“We can but it might take long time to meet again.” Tiffany replied.

“Just now, you say that your appa other children are all younger than you than how many are them to be exact?” Seo Hyun nodded before asked again in curious.

“I’m not so sure but in one of the picture he had with him when he comes to see me, there are three girls and two boys. I don’t know if they are all his children or he got himself some more of them. I only hear him talked about one young man he found in the beach just behind the house, just a few days before he came to Seoul to find me. Recently, I heard that the man is still stay with my appa because he lost memory totally, so he had no other place to go.” Tiffany answered.

“Wow… that makes it six in total, eonni has to take care of them all, plus a lost memory man?” Seo Hyun asked in surprise.

“I have to… they are my sibling after all, even I never meet with them before.” Tiffany said weakly. Luckily that she was familiar with taking care of people, thanked to her job.

“Then when will you leave?” Seo Hyun asked.

“I will be leaving tomorrow night by train.” Tiffany informed.

“Eonni, can I go visit you this weekend? Oppa, can I?” Seo Hyun suddenly asked.

“But you…” Yong Hwa was not very agreed with that idea from Seo Hyun.

“Oppa, please… I hope to see eonni place, to know that if she can settle down or not.” Seo Hyun bragged again.

“But your body condition…” Yong Hwa still worried about her.

“Jung Yong Hwa-ssi, if you are worry about her, why don’t you follow her too? I think my app will welcome you two with open-arm.” Tiffany suggested. Actually, she wished Yong Hwa would come to visit her, at least she could still have some time seeing him. She never hoped to do anything on Seo Hyun and Yong Hwa’s relationship, she just hoped to be able to see him sometime.

“Oppa, please…” Seo Hyun kept on bragging Yong Hwa.

“Alright. But what about abeonim? He will be alone.” Yong Hwa finally gave up on Seo Hyun.

“Have you forgotten that he has to fly back for his company the day after? When we go to visit eonni, he will be in overseas already, so don’t need to worry about him.” Seo Hyun asked.

“Oh ya, I nearly forget about that.” Yong Hwa smashed his forehead with his hand as he suddenly recalled about Seo Hyun’s father’s schedule.

“Then… it’s final?” Tiffany asked.

“Ne, we will go to visit you this weekend.” Seo Hyun nodded.

“Okay. Then I have to go now, I still have something to do with my job. I can’t leave it unfinished before I left.” Tiffany happily said and wanted to get up to pay her order.

“Wait, let me pay this. I promise to treat you in reply for your help that day, so I’ll do this.” Yong Hwa was fast enough to grab the receipt on the table before Tiffany and went to the counter.

“He shouldn’t do this, really. I didn’t help a lot that day.” Tiffany said.

“Let him pay, or he will not stop nagging me about this after eonni left.” Seo Hyun smiley said.

“… You two are really match, I wish you two to have a happy marriage.” Tiffany said after a second of thought.

“Eonni… thank you but do you decide to not coming for my wedding? You are my first friend and we are close enough to be a family, you don’t want to come for my wedding?” Seo Hyun asked in suspicious.

“I… I’m just saying, in case that really happens. Of course I want to be in your wedding so much but… we can’t predict the future.” Tiffany sadly said.

“Eonni…” Seo Hyun got a feeling that Tiffany will not come for her wedding but she could not just force her to come if she really could not make it.

“I’m done. Let’s go.” Yong Hwa came back from the payment.

“I’ll go first, excuse me. Seo Hyun, call me beforehand when you want to come to visit me.” Tiffany got up from her seat again and went to give Seo Hyun a quick hug before walked away.

“What’s wrong, Hyun? I just went away for a few seconds only and your expression changed totally?” Yong Hwa sat down beside Seo Hyun and asked.

“Tiffany eonni said that she might not able to come to our wedding. I really hope that she will be there.” Seo Hyun said.

“We have to respect her choice, but we still got time to change her mind. Let’s do our best.” Yong Hwa comforted Seo Hyun.

“Yes, oppa you are right.” Seo Hyun smiled again as she saw the hope again.

“Let’s go now. We still have to inform the boys about the news of me going back to take over the company.” Yong Hwa smiled back and said.

***********

“You what? Are you serious, hyung?” Jung Shin asked loudly as he heard the sudden news.

“Jung Shin-ah, calm down. Yong Hwa hyung, have you think twice about this?” Jong Hyun stopped Jung Shin.

“Guys, I know this is so sudden for you all but what can I do? My parents need me and as they only child now, I have no choice but to go back.” Yong Hwa said.

“Then, go. Don’t worry about us here, we can continue running this ourselves. But don’t forget about us totally, come back to see us frequently or called us out for a glass or what.” Jong Hyun said.

“Jong Hyun…” Yong Hwa was speechless.

“Hyung, Jong Hyun hyung is right. Don’t worry about us, we are good enough to take care of ourselves and this office. I’m more worry about you, you have to take care of few thousand workers around the world.” Min Hyuk said as he put his hand on Yong Hwa’s shoulder.

“Thank you Min Hyuk. How about you, Jung Shin? I worry about you the most between them.” Yong Hwa patted Min Hyuk’s hand lightly and turned to Jung Shin.

“Although I don’t like the idea at all but what can I do? I might do the same as you do if I’m in that situation.” Jung Shin said as he turned around to face his back to them.

“Jung Shin, stop being a kid. Yong Hwa-ssi is not leaving you, like forever. We still can meet each other anytime we want.” Soo Young went to Jung Shin and said but then she noticed that there is a tear formed in the corner of Jung Shin’s tightly closed eyes. She weakened down her tone a bit as she saw the scene, she suddenly felt bad for him.

“Soo Young-ssi, thank you for that but let him be. I know he is just worry about me.” Yong Hwa stopped Soo Young.

“Yong Hwa oppa, I know that we can’t change your mind anymore but please do come back sometime when you are free. This place will never complete without you.” Ji Young weakly said.

“I promised that I’ll try to come back every weekend or anytime free.” Yong Hwa patted Ji Young’s head and smiley said.

“Let’s head out to get something, we will give hyung a farewell… no, a… a celebration party, to celebrate that he finally become… a useful man.” Jong Hyun suggested.

“Ya, what do you mean by ‘useful man’? Am I not useful before?” Yong Hwa threw the small cushion beside him to Jong Hyun.

“yes, you are not useful man before because you are never a man before, just an old kid. But today you had turned to be a grown up man. This dude here still has a long way to go on to your current stage.” Jong Hyun said and turned to point at Jung Shin.

“He is just sad because his friend is leaving. Although we hope that Yong Hwa-ssi can come back to join us sometime but don’t forget that he is not going back to work as a normal worker, he is going to take over the whole company. Do you all think he will have a lot of quality time to join us again? He will be busier as time passed. Jung Shin-ssi knows that this mean wider separation, so he was sad to send Yong Hwa-ssi back. He is not as childish as we all known, he is also a grown up man.” Soo Young quickly helped Jung Shin as she heard Jong Hyun’s comment.

“Ya, I don’t need your help. Mind your own business.” Jung Shin opened his eyes and turned to Soo Young.

“You… you… FINE!” Soo Young was almost exploded as she heard what Jung Shin said but she successfully stopped herself before it happened. She angrily went out of the house.

“Jung Shin-ssi, look what you did? You shouldn’t do this to Soo Young-ssi, especially when she was doing to help you. Go get her back.” Seo Hyun loudly said.

“Let her be. I do it purposely, before it become unable to turn back.” Jung Shin said weakly and went back to his room.

“What’s wrong with both of them?” Yong Hwa asked in confused.

“No one knows. They are like this for a few days already; it’s either Jung Shin or Soo Young-ssi will left after some argument.” Jong Hyun shook his head.

*************

 “Eonni, we already reach the station. We will be out soon.” Seo Hyun talked through her phone. They were visiting Tiffany, who was already gone back to her father’s house few days ago.

“Eonni said that she is already waiting for us at the entrance, she said that we still need to take about an hour long boat journey to the island they are staying now.” Seo Hyun put down her phone after the conversation ended and turned to Yong Hwa.

“An hour? Will you be alright?” Yong Hwa asked in worried.

“I have the pill with me, so don’t worry. We already come this far, are you going to back off now?” Seo Hyun said.

“I’m just worry about you.” Yong Hwa replied.

“I understand, oppa. I’m fine, Byul will also be fine. Even if anything happen, you will be there for us, right?” Seo Hyun said softly.

“Yes, that’s my mission today and the coming two days.” Yong Hwa winked at Seo Hyun. They finally came to the main entrance and soon the figure of Tiffany came into sight. She was with a guy, who had his back facing the entrance. Tiffany patted his shoulder and he turned around to face their guest today. But to their surprise, the face resembled an old ‘friend’ that they sure missed a lot. Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun stopped at their way and exchanged glance with each other silently because this face in front of them should only appeared in their memory or some old pictures but now it really appeared in front of them and smiling at them.

“Let me introduce, he is the man I told you about, who stay with my family since my appa found him two years ago. Don’t mind of the burned scar on his face, he is already like this when my appa found him. We all call him Jay because that was the only thing he could remember when he first woke up.” Tiffany introduced.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Jay ibnida. I hope you don’t mind of my ugly face.” The man called Jay smiley greeted them.

“Annyeonghaseyo…” Yong Hwa greeted back carefully.

“Jin Woon oppa!!!” but Seo Hyun was not able to stay calm anymore. She let go of her luggage and run to hug the man, who she thought was her long missing brother. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry for the late update and short chapter. Recently, I was busy with something else (eg. play games on psp.  lol) and have lesser time to write.