Chapter 1

Fool

-Kai’s POV-

“Hyung, I’ll be at the roof top when you need me.” I said as I stood up. Hey as the maknae of the group I need space for myself too you know.

“Be sure no one follows you. We don’t want the case like last week to happen again.” Suho-hyung said as I shudder in horror.

Last week… whoever wants it to happen again? I know my fans knows that I love to go to the roof top and I love it when they put some presents there at least I have something to do there like reading the fan letter and stuff. But I don’t like it when they themselves come up and take pictures of me sleeping with THEM!

I was resting for god’s sake! I know nothing and then there’s a picture of me with a random girl surfaces in the internet. Like WHAT GIVES MAN?!

The whole week I have to deal with scandal rumor and to be honest it wasn’t great. I kept losing fans and now I receive bad fan letters like you know telling me how disgraceful I was and some telling me how disappointed they were.

“KIM JONGIN! Are you listening to me?!” I snapped out of my thoughts as D.O-hyung stood in front of me. “Gosh where did your mind wonder off to for that split of a second?” He said obviously mad.

“D.O-ah, cool down.” Lay-hyung said as he patted D.O-hyung’s shoulder. “Kai, we just want you to have company upstairs. At least we can watch you over.” He said. I don’t know if that was what D.O-hyung said but I’m guessing Lay just summarize D.O-hyung’s lectures.

“Yea, sure whatever you guys want. Now can you guys decide who will come with me?” I said impatiently. They shook their head as they all balled their fist and decide by doing the rock-paper-scissors.

“I WON!” Luhan-hyung shrieked making the other girls that were surrounding us squeals. I rolled my eyes and walked forward as Luhan-hyung followed me. “Kim Jongin seriously, why are you being so grumpy?”

“I’m not grumpy. It’s just that I’m irritated by those girls.” I said as I rolled my eyes at every girl that were staring at us. Most probably at Luhan-hyung since he’s sort of the most popular guy here.

After avoiding some fans we managed to reach the rooftop. “Oh, fan letters.” Luhan-hyung excitedly said as he sat down on my usual spot behind the wall. It’s a bit shady here so I really like it. “Opps, I mean its anti-fan letters.” He said scrunching them up.

I could care less now about the fan letters. First of all we didn’t pick to be like this. So even if they out cast me I still don’t care about it. I lay down on Luhan-hyung’s lap and tried to doze off.

-Your POV-

“MINHEE!” I heard my best friend calling my name out as I turned around. “Oh you have got to read this! I found it in your locker!” She said excitedly.

“Sunhi, please, I don’t wanna read any letters with you. I just wanna go home.” I whined. Hey my day has been WORSE so far. So before I read any more hate letters, I rather choose not to.

“Look! It’s from Jeongmin!” She said well I can’t say she was eager but I do know she hated that name.

“Your ex-boyfriend Jeongmin?” I said making her smack my arm.

“He is NOT my ex-boyfriend. I don’t even wanna consider him as my ex!” She said furiously. “Plus how am I supposed to know that this letter is from him? It didn’t say Sunhi’s stupid heart breaker Jeongmin.” She said making me laugh.

“Arasso, I’ll open it.” I said as I take it from her. “What were you doing at my locker anyway?” I asked as I tear the opening off.

“I was borrowing some space.” She said as she held onto my hand.

“You mean my whole locker?” I said making her giggle.

“More or less, there’s still space for your stuff you know.” She said. “Enough talking and now open it!” She said keenly.

“Alright, alright no need to be so excited.” I said making her stop jumping like an idiot. “I think you may wanna look away and it’s best to you know scrunch this letter.” I said making her look at me confused.

“Who is it from?”

“A guy you wanna burn alive.” I stated as I scrunch up the letter.

“What does he want?”

“He wants to see me at the rooftop after school.” I answered making her scoff.

“I bet he wanted something from you and as always he’ll start off by saying he wanna date you.” She said as she rolled her eyes.

“That’s for sure. Science lab test is coming up and we have to pair up.” I said as I stopped on my track. Sunhi confusedly look back at me. “I have a plan.” I said with an evil smile. I bet Sunhi can see my devil horn out but seriously this is the best plan I have ever had!

“It looks bad. I can see devil and all evil behind you.” She said with a smirk. “But I may enjoy this evil plan of yours. What is it?” She said joining me in my evil giggle.

“Just get people at the theater later after school.” I instructed making her sneer with evilness.

“Damn you are evil.” She said as I laugh.

“You know me better than that.” I commented as we laugh together.

-Kai’s POV-

“Can you please hurry up?!” Chen-hyung whined as he accompanies me to the rooftop. I happily ignore him because I didn’t actually ask him to follow me my hyungs and their protective feelings asked him to.

“I didn’t want you to follow me Chen-hyung.” I said as he puffed out air.

“I know but you know the deal.” He said as I rolled my eyes at him for the nth time. Seriously they need to get over this whole thing. We did clear out the rumor and the girl have admitted her fault.

As soon as I open the door I could hear voices. I stopped from opening the door any wider and signaled Chen to actually quit babbling and listen. He, being always curious stopped and listens to the conversation as well.

“Look I know, but I don’t like you~” She said which shocked me. I thought she was just another fan of mine who would you know go up and leave me a present and whatnot.

I took a peep through the small opening and saw a girl standing back faced me and I could see she was talking to Jeongmin, my math classmate. “Do you know how much girls are dying to be in your position right now?” He said which made her sneered at him.

“Then why don’t you ask those other girls out instead of wasting your time asking me out?” Oh snap! That gotta burn. Chen-hyung and I were like holding hands fan boy over this girl’s guts. Damn she got some guts rejecting Jeongmin.

I mean come on. Next to us EXO, Jeongmin stands next. I like this girl. She’s feisty just my type. I tried to get a glimpse of her but I quickly turned around and pushed Chen-hyung to run down as soon as I saw her moving towards me.

“Whatever, I’m done talking. I need to get to the theatre.” I heard her say as we got to the final step down. Damn that was a close one.

“We almost get caught!” Chen-hyung said as he panted.

“Wanna check the theater? I kinda wanna know her.” I said as we made our way to the theatre, Chen-hyung sighed and texted the guys telling them to meet us at the theatre instead of at the parking lot.

When we got to the theatre I saw Sunhi with almost all of the students there. “Come on guys lets just get back stage alright!” She screamed. I turned to Chen-hyung and shrugged.

We all sort of cramped in and joins in as some of the girls are like trying not to make much noise as they saw us. “Look I know your game Jeongmin.” I heard the same girl’s voice that I heard from the rooftop.

“Oh? Really what is my game that you talk about?” Jeongmin said.

“You say you like me, date me but in the end you just use me.” The girl said as Chen-hyung and I made an “oww” sound in barely a whisper.

“Please don’t you think I’m smart enough to do things differently?” Jeongmin remarked as I heard the girl scoffed.

“Well are you sure? I witness you ditching my best friend after she helped you pass in History test.” She said as Sunhi tsked.

“She’s lying. She was the one who dumped me.” Jeongmin defended himself.

“What about Sunny?”

“She cheated on me.”

“Hyomin?”

“She was the one who wanna end it.”

“Hyemi?”

“She cheated on me, too.”

I saw the girls balled their fist as Jeongmin continues.

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAID?!” A girl walked out of the place. I recognize her. It’s Hyemi. “I cheated on you? WOW!”

“Hyemi? Wha…”

“I dumped you?” Sunhi said as we all walked out of the place.

“I ended our relationship my !” Hyomin said as she shot hateful glare at him. “You were the one who disappeared after I helped you in P.E class you ungrateful person!”

“Hyo…”

“Save it Jeongmin! Your game is now OVER!” Sunny said as she puffed her cheek. The crowd booed him as we saw him ran out. Well that drama was over. Damn if I were in his shoes I better tell my parents to transfer me out of here.

I saw her smiling as Sunhi high-fived her. Her smile, her bravery, I have to give it to her. She was brave to stand up to him. “That would stop the hate letters… I hope.” I heard her said as I unconsciously smiled.

“Oh, oh, is our maknae in love?” Chen-hyung said pushing me back to reality.

“I… I am not!” I denied even though I feel my heart thumping as if it was about to burst.

“Yeap, deny it all but those red hot cheeks of yours explains it all.” He commented making me glare at him. “Alright, no need to get so hyped up on me. Now can we go home? I can fill you in later about her if you want.” He said as he dragged me out.