Beginning of a Nightmare

New Friend or Lover? (새로운 친구 나 사라믈?)

 

Bom P.O.V
 
It was drizzling. I was walking home with slow steps, knowing I was going to be disappointed every time I come home from school. Seeing my mother who promised to kick her habit of gambling, sobbing at home because she had lost a whole lot of money. There would always be paint splashed on the door of the tiny apartment we could barely afford. The loan sharks that would attempt to break down the door. 
 
"Omma. I'm home!" I shouted. From the bedroom, two policemen were pinning my mom's handcuffed hands to her back. "Omma! Where are you going!" I yelled, she looked at the floor with shame, "Bom, the bankers are coming to cease this apartment. You will have find somewhere to stay." "Omma, I understand." I was already preparing for this day.
 
I took the small and dusty luggage from the closet and I wiped the dust off. I quickly packed all of my clothes and belongings. 
 
"Anybody home?" I heard from the door. I gulped and walked to the door. "Yes. Can you give me one more day? I'll move out first thing in the morning." "Very well. We'll come back tomorrow morning." They simply said and left.
 
--The Next Day--
 
I woke up to the sound of the alarm clock and walked to the toilet. I stared at myself in the mirror as I brushed my teeth. Park Bom, you can do it. I walked out of the bathroom and into the living room. I imagined my mom every morning checking her lottery tickets and counting her money. 
 
I opened the door for the banker at the door and passed him the keys to the house. I walked out the door in my uniform, carrying my schoolbag and a luggage. 
 
When I entered the school, everyone was looking at me. I overheard Dara, a rich and snobby girl 'whispering' to her friends, "Look at that filthy girl there! She's so poor, she has no where to stay!" Tears rolled down my cheeks. I felt an arm wrap around me. 
 
I looked up. Seunghyun... "Do you need a place to stay?" He asked looking at my luggage. "You can stay at my house for the time being." If I did, I'd just hear Dara scoff mean comments at me. "No thanks, Seunghyun-ssi." 
 
Chaerin, my best friend, came to me, "Unnie. Why do you have your luggage? Did... Did it happen?" I nodded, "You'll stay with me. That's final. We may be poor but at least you'll have a place to stay." I hugged her, "Gomawo, Rin."