CHAPTER III

The Private Prince

CHAPTER III

Yesung started the day normally, like what he always does every day. He decided and kept in his mind that everything that happened yesterday was nothing but a dream.

Everything that happened afterwards was not very clear to him, after Leeteuk saw him with the doll he said that Yesung can go home and finish the inventory tomorrow, Leeteuk also reminded him to return the doll at the display for tomorrow.

Yesung thought that if he believed that everything that happened yesterday was real his co-workers/friends will think that he is a very weird person which he doesn’t want to happen.

Shrugging everything that happened yesterday, he did his work like always except he didn’t talk or greet the store doll, feeling very awkward.

“Hey Yesung! It is time to change Mr. Marcus’ suit!”Donghae shouted.

“What?! But there are costumers now!” Yesung shouted.

“Do it in the warehouse since it is rude to change his dress in front of the costumers,” Sungmin gave Yesung a smile while he was giving the receipt of a costumer.

Yesung sighed in defeat and carried the doll to the warehouse. As he carries the doll he thought, ‘See Yesung, all is but a dream! If he is a human I can’t carry him. Hahaha!’ As he entered the warehouse he felt the doll got heavier, “Huh?”

“Yesung...” Mr. Marcus... no... Kyuhyun hugged Yesung, taking the opportunity that Yesung was carrying him in a hug manner, he put his face in Yesung’s hair and inhaled the sweet yet manly scent of Yesung, “Did I... Did I do something wrong or bad to you?”

“What are you talking about?” Yesung felt nervous hearing Kyuhyun’s question but he felt really comfortable with the hug that he didn’t fight to escape from the clutches of Kyuhyun.

“This morning you didn’t greet me like you usually do... You didn’t even look at me when you are changing my clothes... and you didn’t smile... Did I do something wrong?...”

“No... it’s just... A kiss is not given freely to anyone... it must be done with your special someone...”

“Then I’m not special to you...?” Kyuhyun looked at Yesung straight in the eyes.

“No... Not yet,” after hearing Yesung’s reply Kyuhyun withdrew from the hug and looked very melancholic, Yesung decided to continue speaking, “It takes a lot of things to be called someone’s special person...”

Kyuhyun grabbed Yesung’s chin and inched nearer to his face, “Please... just a kiss...”

“But... Kyuhyun...” Yesung didn’t know how to escape Kyuhyun. Their noses were now touching each other, Kyuhyun playfully rubbed his nose to Yesung. He was about to kiss Yesung...

“Yesung!! What is taking you long?!” Donghae looked at Yesung who got the doll embracing him. “Um... What are you doing?”

“I’m very sorry... Um... Donghae can you help me with changing his clothes?” Yesung was afraid of being alone with Kyuhyun.

~

Yesung started to avoid him for days, he did it by always being with someone. He didn’t allow himself to be left alone anymore with Kyuhyun around.

One night he and Sungmin were left to do the inventory, and then suddenly Sungmin’s phone rang.

“Hello? Oh Wookie! What’s the matter?” Sungmin got a worried expression on his face, “What? You got sprained?! Are you okay? Where are you? Do you need my help?” Sungmin looked at Yesung silently asking for permission to go to his boyfriend. Yesung nodded and smiled to Sungmin.

“Thank you...” Sungmin hurriedly got his things, “I’m going there Wookie, wait for me.” He bowed to Yesung and excused himself.

In the end Yesung was left alone with Kyuhyun.

“Did you... lose interest in me?” Kyuhyun once again turned into a human.

“W-What are you talking about?” Yesung played innocent, afraid of Kyuhyun.

“These days... you are avoiding me... are you angry with me?”

“...”

“It’s always like this... All of the people at my time always leave me... maybe it’s because of my words and action... I’m not aware if I’m starting to hurt them... All I care is about my country, no, the only thing I care about is myself...”

“Kyuhyun...”

“Maybe it’s better if I remain as a doll forever,” Kyuhyun smiled at Yesung, “Since a doll doesn’t have any feelings just like myself... but before I return to being a doll can I ask you a favor Yesung?”

“W-What?” Yesung was totally against Kyuhyun’s thoughts, he doesn’t want him to be a doll forever but he was afraid to voice that out.

“Can you smile for me? The smile that you always wear when you are dressing me... that is the most beautiful smile that I saw in my lifetime which is very long.... hahaha... please Yesung... Smile for me...”

Yesung was surprised by Kyuhyun’s request he shut his eyes, “N-No! I can’t do that!”

“Is that so...?” The smooth bass voice of Kyuhyun seemed to echo in Yesung’s ear he can feel the sadness in the voice.

When he opened his eyes he saw Kyuhyun at his doll state, he looked around expecting that someone is there that’s why Kyuhyun returned to being a doll again... But no one was there except him... and a lifeless cold doll.