II

Golden

Baekhyun watched the clock as it ticked closer to lunch time.

He didn't actually think it was a good idea to eat lunch.

He wanted to spend lunch with Chanyeol for sure.

But he shouldn't eat.

Because he feared his lunch might end up all over Chanyeol.

At least his best friend would be there to help him through it.

Ring Ring Ring!

The bell rang, and Baekhyun felt the room go cold.

It was time.

To be with Chanyeol.

The object of his past three years of affection.

"Don't make a fool of yourself Baekhyun," Kyungsoo sighed as he stood up.

"What do you mean?! You're not going to be with me?" Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo with panicking eyes.

"No, sorry Baekhyun-ah. Today, I'm going to physics to get in some extra credit. So good luck my bundle-over-anxious-hormonal cells.

"I can't do this without you!"

"You know how I feel about my grades. And I know you can do it. Stop being so uncool. Chanyeol's watching," Kyungsoo said.

Indeed he was.

"Oh..," Baekhyun straightened himself up.

"Baekhyun-ssi, it's okay if you decline," Chanyeol said, still smiling.

Baekhyun felt his heart shatter like a Christmas ornament.

You've just poured acid on a field of daises .And now he's being formal too.

"Chanyeol, I'm sorry. That's not what I meant. I'd like to spend lunch with you," Baekhyun tried his best to sound normal and was satisfied with his normal response. Baekhyun couldn't bring himself to use an affectionate name for Chanyeol, but he didn't like being formal either, so he settled for the middle.

"Are you sure?" Chanyeol asked quietly, his lips naturally pushing foward into a pout.

CHANYEOL. WHY? WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO MY POOR BRAIN?

"Yes, but Chanyeol," Baekhyun said carefully.

"Yes?"

"Can I call you Chan? Just Chan?" Baekhyun asked, his face blushing.

Chanyeol smiled and blinked a few times before nodding.

Your parents don't know what they've created. They've created the end of me Park Chanyeol. I can't deal with your adorably large ears.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol walked together to the cafeteria. It was mostly just Baekhyun, a smile playing on his lips, stealing glances at the ever adorable Yeolliepop.

Baekhyun just rambled about random things , including how he was pretty sure his two male hamsters weren't straight. Baekhyun thought he was being stupid, but Chanyeol thought he was being adorable. Chanyeol thought everything Baekhyun said was funny, and Chanyeol had to resist the urge to burst out laughing with his eye-twitching, nose-crinkling smiles.

"Aren't you going to eat Baekhyun?" Chanyeol asked as Baekhyun untied his lunch.

"I...," Baekhyun trailed off, debating whether or not he should come up with something or just be honest.

"Are you as nervous as I am?" Chanyeol asked, which suprised Baekhyun.

"You're nervous?"

"Considerably," Chanyeol smiled from ear to ear which made Baekhyun melt into a puddle of mush all over his seat.

"Why?"

"Well, wouldn't you be nervous if you having lunch with someone you just met?" he asked cutely.

Baekhyun resisted the urge to bang his head on the table.

"Well, I'm nervous, yes. But you should eat Chanyeol," Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun, I can't eat if you don't. Then you'll just be staring at me," Chanyeol said coily.

SO CUTE. OHH GOODNESS. Chanyeol-ah, don't you know that I already stare at you all the time?It's a good thing eyeballs don't have fingerprints.

"I'll be too nervous," Baekhyun declined.

"Please Baekhyun? It's not healthy to skip meals," Chanyeol said as he adorably held his water bottle with two hands.

"Fine. But will you tell me something Chan?" Baekhyun asked tenatively. Chanyeol liked the affectionate name Baekhyun used and couldn't help smiling widely. He nodded enthusiastically.

"Why did you want to spend lunch with me today?" Baekhyun asked as he prepared for Chanyeol's answer.

"Baekhyun...," Chanyeol whined as he avoided eye contact.

"I'm sorry. I won't ask that. Well since you asked me to spend lunch with you, will you spend lunch with me tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow is Saturday."

"Yeah, I know, some of my friends and Kyungsoo and I are going to the lake, and I want you to be there!" Baekhyun confessed with a blushing face.

Chanyeol could only nod his golden head of hair.

"You're speaking more than usual," Baekhyun observed happily

Chanyeol just nodded, making Baekhyun laugh.

"And why don't speak like this all the time?"

"Silence is golden."