Infinite version 2/3

The Reason Why Sunggyu Bullies Sungjong

 

“Ohmaishisus!!” Sungyeol cried as he was the first to react at what they just witnessed. “Did you see that?!!? Did. You. See. THAT?! Sunggyu-hyung smirked!!”

“I know,” Dongwoo agreed with amazement at how their previous conversation just came to life. “And you know what else?”

“What?” Myungsoo asked.

“He smirked while teasing someone,” Dongwoo stated. “Particularly our maknae.”

“Does Sunggyu-hyung have a crush on Jongie?” Myungsoo asked and the three of them looked at each other unable to believe that after all this time of living together they never noticed that important detail in their dorm.

“How could we not have noticed that?!” Sungyeol cried in surprise and the other two could not answer his question and just share his disbelief.

“We can’t be for certain yet though,” Myungsoo said. “We can’t just jump into conclusions.”

“We need to do a little more observing first,” Dongwoo suggested but Myungsoo has a more faster – and stupider - idea.

“Or we could ask him directly,” Myungsoo suggested and Sungyeol looked at him with a we’ll-die-if-we-do-that face and Myungsoo just rolled his eyes at him. “Gyu-hyung is an honest guy and, except for this teasing business, he’s more of the straight forward type.”

“But he’ll kill us!!” Sungyeol cried.

“Aish,” Myungsoo exclaimed irritated at how much of a coward his hyung is. “Think about it, it took us this long to actually notice Gyu-hyung’s crush on our maknae how long will it take for us to confirm it?! When they’re secretly married and have three kids?”

“Myung’s right,” Dongwoo said as he can’t help but find truth in the younger one’s words. “We’ll directly ask Gyu maybe later tonight, the sooner the better, but for now let’s get inside or else Woohyun will starve us to death.”

After another simultaneous nod from his younger band mates they hurriedly went inside, a bit afraid of Woohyun’s wrath if he doesn’t start cooking soon and will be in a rush later.

“Finally!” Woohyun’s voice and slightly irritated face greeted them at once. “Did you have to go to another town or something to buy food? I swear if I don’t finish cooking at least half of the food we’re gonna eat before Gyu-hyung and Jongie comes back you three will have less than your share.”

“NOOOO!” Sungyeol cried at once as the three of them placed the grocery bags on the kitchen’s counter top. “Anything but that Woohyun!”

“Aish,” Woohyun sighed. “Just get out of my kitchen and let me and my Hoaegi cook so that that won’t happen.”

“Yes sir,” Sungyeol said at once while giving a salute which Woohyun just laughed at him then turned to face Hoya and also gave him a salute. “I shall be leaving now General Hoya, or should I say… Hoaegi.”

“Yah,” Woohyun said as he hit Sungyeol at the back of his head. “I’m the only one who can call him that, now get out of my kitchen and wait for the food.”

The three of them then hurriedly obeyed the cook as they went into the living room to watch some mind numbing TV to let their mind get rid of the thought food for a while.

“I don’t remember giving any of you permission to call me that,” Hoya stated. “That Hoaegi nickname really ruined my image.”

“I think it made your image more colorful,” Woohyun said with a smile as he took out the ingredients for tonight’s dinner from the shopping bag. “And, as your boyfriend, I gave myself permission to call you that.”

“I never knew I agreed to it,” muttered Hoya as he helped Woohyun.

“Oh come on Hoya,” smiled Woohyun. “I know you like it when I call you Hoaegi.”

"Whatever," muttered Hoya as he started chopping the carrots for their curry dinner while muttering things like 'Smart tree' or 'I just didn't complain before, I wonder why I even agreed to going out with you’.

Woohyun had to smile at Hoya's silent tantrum as he figured that maybe he should call Hoya Hoaegi more.

"Stop smiling at nothing there and help me out with cooking!" Hoya scolded him.

"Yes my lovely Hoaegi~" this just earned him a smack on the head but a red face from Hoya - although he doesn't know if it's red from irritation or from embarrassment, Woohyun decides it's because of embarrassment.

 

Meanwhile with Sunggyu and Sungjong…

“Are we done yet Sungjongie?” Sunggyu asked as he lazily pushed the cart while trailing a busy maknae that’s looking back and forth the list Woohyun gave and the shelves.

“We just need to find the fishcake,” muttered Sungjong as he proceeded to look for the said food. “There it is.”

“Good,” Sunggyu said as Sungjong placed the pack of fishcakes into the cart. “Now we can go home.”

“You’re so lazy hyung,” Sungjong stated as they made their way to the counter. “Why didn’t you just stay in the dorm like you usually do?”

“It’s boring there,” Sunggyu simply said as he placed their groceries onto the counter.

Sungjong looked at his hyung a bit confused, he would often stay in their dorm and avoid any chore to be done outside since he says it’s ‘tiring’ or he has more ‘important’ things to do in their dorm but there will be times like now where he’s the one who volunteers to accompany the member – most of the times it was him. He just chose to ignore his hyung’s confusing personality and just look at the grocery items passing by a scanner until a yellow packet passes by him.

“Wait,” Sungjong stops the cashier into scanning the pack of lemon candies. “I didn’t buy this, it must have fallen into the cart or something, can you please just put it into the side.”

“I bought it,” Sunggyu  said as he personally scanned the item adding it to their bill.

“But you don’t like sweets hyung.”

“But you do, and you’ve been whining how you don’t have time to restock your precious lemon candies,” Sunggyu stated. “Take it as a ‘you’ve done your best studying’ gift.”

“Thanks hyung,” Sungjong said while smiling brightly as he paid for their purchases.

“Now let’s go home so we can eat,” the leader said as he took the grocery bag - they actually just bought a few things but he was too lazy to carry a basket so he chose the cart instead.

“I could carry that hyung,” Sungjong offered.

“Nah,” Sunggyu said as the two of them left the store. “It’ll be faster if I carried it instead of you.”

“Wha?!” Sungjong exclaimed cause he was pretty sure he was just insulted.

“Besides,” Sunggyu added as he walked ahead. “You’re already tired from studying so just let me carry this one bag or grocery items.”

Sungjong blushed a little at his hyung’s concern as he just nodded and let the elder ruffle his hair as they walked back home. Sunggyu must be bipolar Sungjong thinks cause he’s insulting him one second but taking care for him the next, this event just adds to the very many evidences that Kim Sunggyu has one very confusing personality.

 

As soon as the two of them got home Hoya immediately got their grocery bag to finish tonights dinner with Woohyun.

The maknae and leader then proceeded to play the waiting game with the other three members who are already dying with this game. Sunggyu couldn’t get rid of the nagging feeling that someone was watching him though but whenever he’ll look at either Dongwoo, Myungsoo or Sungyeol they’d just be watching TV.

A few minutes more and dinner was finally served earning happy cheers from the MyungDongYeol trio. Dinner passed by cheerfully with the usual sharing of stories and laughing and the discussion of tomorrow’s schedule.

“Jongie can I borrow your cup?” Sunggyu asked.

“Why?” Sungjong asked completely curious.

“Cause I don’t have one and I’m thirsty,” Sunggyu simply stated as he got Sungjong’s empty cup from in front of him and then filled it with water before drinking from it as the maknae just stared at him, the cup was half full when he stopped to look back at Sungjong before a small smirk formed on his lips. “Want a sip?”

“N-no,” Sungjong stuttered shocked at the sudden offer he was blushing a bit now as he looked away from the leader. “I’m gonna wash up now.”

He then scurried off into the bathroom and soon enough they heard the shower open as the sound of someone bathing echoed from inside. Hoya and Woohyun then proceeded to clear up the table leaving the four other members to just stare at each other.

“Why are you guys staring at me like that?” Sunggyu asked as he just realized that the familiar stare from before was from these three.

“Just thinking,” Dongwoo answered for the three of them, they were thinking that right now, while the four of them are alone, was the perfect time to ask a certain question.

“What the hell are you three thinking so hard about?”

“Hyung,” Myungsoo started for if none of them started then they’ll get nowhere. “Do you like Lee Sungjong, our maknae?”

“Of course I like Jongie,” Sunggyu said laughing a bit at the ridiculous question.

“No hyung,” Sungyeol shook his head as he felt like the other didn’t get what they meant. “We mean if you like like Jongie.”

“I told you, I do,” Sunggyu said confidently. “Just like how Woohyun likes Hoya.”

A moment of silence fell upon them as Sunggyu just made it clear that he likes Sungjong more than a dongsaeng for what better comparison can you make with your feelings that with Woohyun and Hoya’s undying love for each other – I know, it’s cheesy but Woohyun always states that their love is undying to the point that it became the proper adjective for their relationship.

“Well,” Myungsoo said breaking the silence. “Gyu-hyung is even more direct than I thought.”