AU High School Version 1/3

The Reason Why Sunggyu Bullies Sungjong

Best Friends. They’re the ones who know you the most besides your family. They always have your back when you’re in a fight or argument. They’re the first ones to comfort whenever you’re feeling down and they can never fail to put a smile on your face.

So Lee Sungjong wonders why people say that Kim Sunggyu is his bestfriend.

Sunggyu may know him well but that’s only cause they’ve been neighbors ever since… well ever since he was born to be honest. Sunggyu may be there whenever he’s in an argument but he’s only there to laugh at him and actually say his faults in that certain argument. Sunggyu is the reason why Sungjong needs comforting from others with his sharp tongue and endless nagging and the only thing Sunggyu can produce from Sungjong’s face is a scowl and a pout.

So Lee Sungjong also wonders why he actually stays beside Kim Sunggyu.

“Kim Sunggyu you bastard!” Sungjong cried as he returned to their classroom from the washroom just to see the older guy devour his lunch. “I leave for 5minutes and you ate my lunch?!”

“Not my fault you have a bladder of a woman,” Sunggyu said simply as he ate the last piece of fish cake from the kimchi.

“My food!” Sungjong said dramatically as Sunggyu swallowed and their friends laughed at their maknae. “Now I’m gonna go hungry for the rest of my life!”

“Don’t be such a diva Sungjong,” Sungyeol said with a laugh. “If you want I’ll treat you to lunch today as thanks for helping me with my math home work.”

“Really hyung?!” Sungjong said as his eyes lit up. “Thank you hyung~”

“You don’t need to treat him Sungyeol,” Sunggyu suddenly said as he rummaged through his bag only to get his own lunch box out and handing it to Sungjong. “Here, my mom made bulgogi with deokbokki on the side.”

“Bulgogi?” Sungjong said a bit suspiciously as he peaked into the lunchbox and just as Sunggyu said there was some delicious looking meat with deokbokki on the side. “If your mom made you meat why’d you eat my lunch?”

“Meat makes you fat,” Sunggyu shrugged. “I’d rather you get fat than me.”

“I think getting fat is impossible to happen with Sungjongie,” Dongwoo laughed.

“Then there’s no problem if he eats my lunch,” Sunggyu said making his way to the door. “I’m gonna buy a drink, and you better eat fast brat or else lunch will be over soon.”

“I wouldn’t need to rush eating now if you didn’t eat my original lunch,” Sungjong mumbled grumpily but his grumpiness was washed away from his face when he started eating. “This is delicious! Mrs. Kim really knows how to cook.”

“I’m gonna buy a drink too,” Woohyun excused himself as he followed behind Sunggyu.

Woohyun found Sunggyu by the cafeteria’s vending machine finishing a soda can. He smirked a little to himself for teasing the eldest in their circle of friends is always fun.

“Sungjong really like the food,” Woohyun said catching the elder’s attention.

“That’s good,” Sunggyu answered simply as he turned around to throw his soda can but Woohyun still caught the smile on his face.

“You know,” Woohyun started as he punched in the numbers for the drink he wants. “You could have just simply gave Sungjong the food you made instead of pissing him of first.”

“What are you talking about?” Sunggyu said cooly but Woohyun still caught the slight stammer in his voice. “It was my mom who made that not me.”

“Hyung you really should stop lying cause you really at it,” Woohyun said as he drank from his juice bottle. “My brother saw you reading the cook books in our economics lab yesterday before going home.”

“So?” Sunggyu said not looking at Woohyun. “I was just curious about somethings.”

“Our mom’s met yesterday at the grocery and Mrs. Kim was complaining of how his son finished all of their rice cake trying to cook,” Woohyun smirked playfully.

“So I tried cooking,” Sunggyu admitted. “Which is why I gave it to Sungjong so that he could taste it first before me.”

“If you keep bullying our maknae like that then he’ll never like you back you know,” Woohyun said rolling his eyes, emphasizing the like.

“Whoever said I like him in the way that you’re implying?”

“Oh?” Woohyun said feigning shock. “So you don’t like him in that way? Meaning I can actually make a move on him.”

“WHAT?!” Sunggyu said totally shocked by Woohyun’s words.

“I’m gonna start wooing him now,” smiled Woohyun making his way back to the classroom only to be stopped by Sunggyu’s hand that pulled him back and threateningly close.

“What makes you think you can flirt with my Sungjong?!” Sunggyu threatened darkly making Woohyun gulp but he still maintained calm.

“Your Sungjong?” Woohyun smirked. “I thought you didn’t like him that way?”

Sunggyu had to let go of his friend as he stepped back a bit, how can he be that stupid to fall for the greasetree’s tactics?!

“You know perfectly well I have only eyes for my Hoaegi hyung,” Woohyun said happily as he patted Sunggyu in mock comfort. “I would never make a move on Jongie… at least I would never.”

“What are you saying?” Sunggyu said as he narrowed his already small eyes at the other.

“I’m just saying that there are other people here who think that our maknae is really cute,” Woohyun said. “So if I were you I’d be making my move now before he gets snatched away.”

“Sungjong won’t get snatched away from me,” Sunggyu said with finality in his voice.

“Well you’re teasing and nagging him isn’t helping you,” Woohyun countered making Sunggyu’s face fall.

“Why do you care anyway?” Sunggyu said a bit crestfallen at the fact that Woohyun just stated.

“Because your bullying Sungjong makes Hoya want to comfort him every time!” Woohyun admitted. “I’ll never get my lovey dovey moments with my boyfriend if you keep bullying his favorite dongsaeng!”

“Aish,” Sunggyu sighed as he scratched the back of his head. “Let’s just get to class before the bell rings.”