The Underground

Story Starters~ :3

Made this one back in 2011. ^^

 

The Underground

I awoke, opened my eyes, and sighed. Even though I swore I wasn’t going to ever come back…here I was. Standing at the entrance to The Underground.

Okay, I probably sound like a nut that’s a few fries short of a Happy Meal, but just hang on a second. My name is Kit. Yeah, just Kit. No middle name, no last name. Why? Because I’m not like you. I don’t have parents, siblings, and the only “friend” I ever had was a kid that was ripped to shreds right in front of my eyes. I’m getting ahead of myself again, aren’t I? Let me make this as clear to you as I possibly can.

I’m from the future.

A corrupt, twisted future. If you don’t believe me, put this piece of paper down right now and enjoy your life while it lasts. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. Those of you who are still sticking with me, you’re in luck. The end is coming, and if you listen to me, you just might survive. Might. I’ll start from the beginning.

In the year 2138, something major happened. An “ultimate medicine” was created. To whoever took this special thing, they never got sick again and they lived long past the age of one hundred. Everything was peachy until it went terribly, terribly wrong.

Two words: Human mutation.

Monsters were created. Ones that grew to the size of trucks and had immense power. Your normal comic book mutants. Only these babies were smart. Too smart. They took over the world faster than you could blink and soon, you were either dead, one of them, or in hiding. But we humans, being pretty smart ourselves, (or pretty dumb) decided to counter back. Thus began the next World War.

The people who stood up to fight back against these monsters…weren’t exactly boy scouts. To be frank, they were quite deranged and warped. They didn’t invent some new blasting ray to take out the monsters, oh no. They kidnapped humans and tested on them, creating another kind of monster. Fight mutants with more mutants, right? This one would obey orders, though. See, they weren’t planning on correcting mankind’s error…they were planning on abusing this power for their own benefit.

Enter: me. I wasn’t one of the humans they kidnapped. I was created in a lab, with a test tube. Home was a dog crate, school was a large room where we learned how to rip other monsters to shreds, and if you think going to the doctor’s is bad…what do you think I went through? I was born in The Underground. The place where this whole freak show went on. I was raised to kill and to obey orders.

I had one friend at “school”. His name was Dex. He was branded “useless” for refusing to fight and was killed. Right in front of the rest of us mutants. Honestly, I think he was pretty lucky to be killed so quickly. Better than living every single day being injected with needles and learning how to murder, yeah? Dex was one of the kidnapped. He was eight, had two sisters, and a dad back home. He’d always been nice to me for some reason. Though I always avoided him, he stuck to me like glue. I found myself crying when he was killed. Can you believe that mutants really have feelings? At that time I didn’t know what tears were…I didn’t know what sadness was. I was empty.

Something in me changed that day. I was always called “Experiment 3976”, and that night I gave myself the name “Kit”. That was the name of Dex’s sister. He said I reminded him of her. That’s probably why he stayed with me all the time. After his execution, I couldn’t take it anymore. I learned how to read and write by watching the scientists closely. It took a long time, but finally, I was ready. I still remember. It was cold that night. I knocked out one of the guards, took their clothes as a disguise, and left The Underground.

 


 

Ahh...I think I was a better writer back then. xD My way with words is not what it use to be.

Thanks for reading! ^^ Comments and feedback are always appreciated!!! ♥