Press Conference

SUPERSTAR: Living as K-Singer

Bzzzzz. Bzzzzz.

A figure stirred in her sleep on the bottom bunk where she slept. Hye Rin squinted her eyes in the dark and picked up her cell phone that was vibrating.

“Yoboseyoo?” she asked groggily

“Rise and shine my lovely Hye Rin!” exclaimed a cheerful voice on the other side

The girl sighed.

“Doo Joon oppa, its 5am,” she looked at the clock on the wall

“Yes, I know, you need to get up now,” said Doo Joon on the other end; “You have a hectic day today! And since everyone knows I’m the most responsible manager on planet Earth, I thought I’d give you a call to prepare yourself before heading to meet your Japanese teacher at 7am. You are the next rising star after all, Hye Rin”.

Hye Rin was about to say something when the other latter hung up. She got out of bed and stretched.

“Oh God… Hope that I can pass this entire paths…” she muttered and headed the bathroom to clean herself.

 

♥♥♥♥

 

1,5 months later. Back to Korea….

“Ahh it smells good” Hye Rin said as she stepped in to the kitchen and slumped down on a chair fully dressed.

“So are you ready for the press conference?” Doo Joon asked as he put the bowl down on the table. He’s such a caring manager ever.

“I don’t know what to answer on that question, since I’m a bit terrified of what they are going to ask” Hye Rin said truthfully as she put some Kimchi Stew in and chewed.

“Relax, that’s the main point. But, mmm, you have to be prepared for that they are going to ask about your debut preparation and the other crazy rumors about you. You understand what I mean right?!” Doo Joon said as he sat down on the chair opposite of her.

“Araso”

“And you better be prepared for that they are going to ask about Yoochun-shi…” Doo Joon continued and gazed straight to her eyes.

“Nee, I know that for sure, oppa. Everyone will do so” Hye Rin answered shortly as she finished the last of her food.

 

♥♥♥♥

 

In the theater where the press conference of Hye Rin’s debut would be going to be held; lots of respective press in the showbiz industry were there. Starting right before her debut, SM Entertainment made lot publicities for her. Lee Soo Man’s really had a big expectation on her.

Doo Joon stood next to Hye Rin immediately and tapped his hand on her shoulder, "Are you okay? You look so pale right now. What happened? Are you feeling ill?" he said and put his other hand on Hye Rin's forehead.

Hye Rin realized his action and lightly pushed him away. "No oppa, I’m alright. I just feel a little bit nervous…" At the mean time, the curtain was opened and she took a deep breath then quickly strode towards the stage.

As she entered the room, she was blinded by flashing lights from all directions.

“Stay cool and calm. Don't trip. Just smile,” she commanded herself.

She stopped in the middle where cameras and spotlights were flashing ferociously at her. She smiled at the reporters and photographers that filled the room as she also made her way to the podium.

“I hope they weren't waiting too long. Aish…. You should've just straightened your hair Hye Rin instead of curling it,” for the second time she talked to herself again.

Before beginning, Hye Rin bowed to everyone. A mixture of anxiousness and excitement rushed through her body as she stepped up to the podium. She took a deep breath and spoke, "First, I would like to thank everyone for coming out to my press conference. I also want to thank those who made it possible for me to get as far as I have. I never thought that I would be here today. It's amazing enough being able to complete my training time and be debuted as the new female singer of The SM Entertainment. The feeling is surreal. Jeongmal Kasamhamnida. I hope everyone will come and witness my showcase that will be held tomorrow at noon. I would be most grateful. And if you can't make it to the event, please counting and watching for my upcoming debut stage and listening to my 1st mini album. It will definitely be a great support for me. Once again, thank you!"

Hye Rin bowed to everyone once more, the host did an introduction on Hye Rin and her past achievements before the Q&A session began. Once the cue was given, reporters started bombarding the luminary with questions. It might have been uncomfortable for a newbie to face so many questions at one go but it worked well for Hye Rin. She answered each question with care and sincerity, not forgetting her polite smile after satisfying each reporter. No one can deny that she deserved to be called Charismatic Queen later.

“Actually, what have you been doing before you’re finally meet the public right now? ”

“I’ve been enjoying all of my time while preparing this special opportunity… I did attend Japanese language classes during that time, to widen my knowledge as well as to prepare myself for the Japan market later. And of course, I’ve been busy for practicing my debut songs, the dance moves. Then, shooting for the promotional music video and preparing the other important stuffs supporting my 1st stage.”

“What are your current plans?” asked a cameraman as he zoomed in on her face.

“I’ve spent my whole time to practice and prepare myself for my debut stage previously. Now I’m really ready in the hope of bringing perfect performances to you. So, I hope that everyone will welcome me and watch my progression on this industry” She grinned more widely at crowds.

“Did you get yourself to meet your brother during his lawsuit against SM Entertainment? Many people are still unclear of the real condition. We’re sure that, as his only sister; you know everything. Some said that both of you’re not allowed to make any contacts to each other. There were many rumors then, can you tell us the true story?”

Hye Rin was stuck at the question. She couldn’t possibly tell them that she was really separated from her brother right? Though she knew exactly what’d happened between the two parties; but she wasn’t able to tell anyone, especially for the press. She couldn’t reveal anything for the sake of her prepared debut.  She should not, could not and would not hurt her brother’s trust. And, she won’t be popular base on her blood relation with Yoo Chun.

Fortunately her manager was able to change the subject in time and mislead the reporters towards other direction. She heaved a silent sigh of relief. It wasn’t that easy after all.

The host made a brief signal to her, implying that the press conference was about to end.

He spoke into his microphone, “The press conference has finally ended. We thank you for your attendance and enthusiasm. It’s a pleasure welcoming Hye Rin’s showcase and debut stage. Our upcoming superstar’s coming! Let’s give a final round of applause for her!”

The cameramen fought to catch the last glimpse of the artist before she left with the bodyguards to the back. She walked past them and waved slightly. The crowd gradually dispersed, noise volume went down and soon the venue was empty. The conference had ended but Hye Rin’s journey had only just started.