What is Love?

Love Like a K-Drama

He'd always said he hated her.

 

Of course, he meant it a friendly way, and she understood that. It was just how they worked.

 

Years had passed since the two had first met, walking into a class and staring at each other, apprehension slowly dawning on their faces as they debated whether or not to sit next to each other. 

 

The decision had been a mutual no.

 

Years had passed since then, and they were put into the same class once more. This time, however, they were forced to sit next to each other. 

 

"You two will work together." The teacher had told them. They looked at each other, mirroring faces of distrust and apprehension. But they worked together. The process wasn't that great, but the result was good.

 

Years has passed since that revelation, and they became an instoppable team. They were often pit against one another, just so they wouldn't work together against someone else. The apprehension was, in actuality, gone, but to everyone's eyes, they were an apocolypse waiting to happen.

 

Kyuhyun was always fighting with Yumi, and Yumi with Kyuhyun. They argued over everything; the usually sedated girl constantly shouting, and the usually sweet-lipped boy constantly retorting. 

 

Complete character flip, right?

 

At least they were friends.

 

Oh, yes. They were friends. They may have fought a lot, but they were friends, in the strangest way.

 

Albeit she raised her voice and lost her temper, albeit he said he hated her and shot her down, they were friends. 

 

Until one little day, when they were the last ones to leave the class after the rest of their team had gone home and left the project in their hands. It wasn't like it wasn't safe there. Mostly.

 

"You're really not going to tell anyone? Else, I mean."

 

Yumi shook her head.

 

"They'll be mad."

 

"I won't be around to see it."

 

"They'll miss you."

 

"It's okay."

 

Kyuhyun pulled the glue from her hands and grabbed her shoulders, turning her around to look at him. "I'll  miss you. Isn't that worth anything?"

 

A notebook came down on his head. "Give me my glue back."

 

Yumi turned back to the poster, fiddling with the top of the glue bottle. "You know, though. I'll miss you too, if that's worth anything. I want to finish this before I go... will you help me?"

 

"Only because I love you."

 

"What?"

 

"What?" Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow, smirking at her. "Come back. When you can, come back. Then I'll tell you."

 

When they waved goodbye after finishing their project, he held her back by her wrist and pressed a small box to her hand. "I hate you, Stupid Yumi."

 

She smiled. "I hate you more, Evil Kyuhyun."

 

It was a few years before a short, dark-haired girl was spotted at the store; the only thing to be recognized with was the sparkling charm hanging on a thin chain around her neck.

 

"Stupid Yumi cut her hair."

 

She turned around, smiling. "Evil Kyuhyun got bed-head hair."

 

"I guess it's time for me to tell you what I said before, huh?"

 

"No time to beat around the bush. Tell all."