I Don't Want an Apology

Love Like a K-Drama

The lights were off, and if it weren’t for their large window letting in the bright moonlight, Donghae would’ve tripped over something. But thanks to the bright moon’s light illuminating his way, he was able to find his way to the couch, silently. He knelt down in front of the leather furniture and extended his hand, gently touching the cheek of the girl lying on the bed. She shivered, and her eyes opened.

 

They stared at each other for a good while, both of them simply blinking at each other in the dim lighting. Then she blinked again, and a stream of tears began to flow out of her eyes. She turned her head and buried her face in her pillow, her body trembling with silent, wet sobs.

 

Donghae began to pat her back, slowly, then leaned over and gently kissed her forehead. “Were you crying the entire time?” He asked her softly. She nodded, still crying too much to be able to form a coherent sentence. He put his hands on her shoulders and gently embraced them. “I didn’t know…”

 

She lifted her head off of the pillow and looked at him, at his caring, apologetic face, the soft but strong eyes that reflected her emotions, but came nowhere near to crying like she was. She sat up and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, dropping her head on his shoulder and stifling her tears.

 

“Shh…” He said softly, continuing to pat her back. “Let’s go back to bed, okay? Together.” He put one arm around her waist and the other beneath her legs. He could feel her mumble a response, and he smiled. “Look at me.” She lifted her head off of his shoulder to look at him, and tears began to sparkle in the edges of his eyes. “I married you because I love you. I don’t want anyone else, I only want you. I couldn’t sleep for hours because you weren’t next to me. I need you.”

 

She blubbered and he quickly pressed his lips against hers, gently. Their tears dropped and met, making one large drop of salt water – a mixture of both of their emotions – fall. When he pulled back, he smiled. “I don’t want an apology. I just want you by my side, smiling, contented. I want us not to fight. Is that okay?”

 

She nodded and he pulled her close against his body, standing up and carrying her. “I’m sure you’re tired. I’ll sing you a lullaby if you want.” He began to walk up the stairs towards their bedroom, cradling her in his arms.

 

She sniffled. “You always fall asleep half-way through the song.”

 

“…That’s not the point here.”

 


If you're reading this, honey, I hope you understand what I feel.

I know I was wrong.

So, please, forgive me. I do apologize, but I'm not asking for you to do the same.

I love you.