Chapter 17

A New Life

 

Denzie’s POV

I was in the car with Chansung hyung about to meet his hyung’s. He was telling me how he moved out of his parent’s house and in with his hyungs because he felt a better connection with them. I sat there, listening to everything nodding my head and smiling every now and then. All the while though I had a really bad feeling in my stomach, my phone began to ring. I looked at the caller id and wriggled my eyebrows together.

“Who is it? What’s wrong Denzie?”

“It’s my appa, but I wonder why he’s calling?”

“Uh to check on his only child.” I laughed at his little joke. I answered the phone.

“Yoboseyo.”

“Denzie where are you, I need you to come home now.”

“I’m with Chansung hyung, why what did you do?”

”Nothing…can I not have my only son home for quality bonding time?”

“Alright appa I’ll tell Chansung to take me home now. Ok, bye.” I quickly hung up before he could say anything else.

“So I’m taking you home now I guess?”

“Yeah sorry hyung.”

“It’s ok Denzie, you can meet my hyungs some other time.” I smiled and sat back as he drove me home. I decided to put on some music so I his radio. Miss A’s Touch blared out of the speakers everywhere. Chansung swerved a little due to being scared. He quickly regained control and turned down the music. He glared at me ready to kill.

“Mianhae hyung.” I said my face pulling into a full pout. His facial features soften and then he smiled and ruffled my hair. I smiled triumphantly, unknown to him though. We soon arrived at my house and I told him I’d see him later. I walked into my house. When three people tackled me down. What the hell is going on.

“Denzie let me explain.” My dad said.

“No let me.” Yoona chimed in.

“Hey Jagi.” L.Joe smiled sweetly at me. I was got up and was going to run into his open arms but Leeteuk grabbed me in a sudden swift motion and carried me to my room. Again I had a pout on my face because L.Joe was chuckling cutely. Leeteuk plopped me down on my bed and stood in front of me.

“Ok…you may explain to me what just happened.” I told Leeteuk wanting an answer to whatever the hell was going on.

“Alright I can’t tell you anything but, as for your father and Ms. Yoona, embrace yourself. As for L.Joe I can never tell what’s going through his mind.” I giggled. After Leeteuk left my dad and Yoona walked in. Yoona sat next to me on my bed and began petting my hair, which I found quite relaxing. My dad stood before me and started talking.

“So Denzie how’s school.”

“Dad just get to the point I have an impatient boyfriend waiting for me downstairs.” I said suppressing an inevitable smile.

“Ok then…ummm…god why am I so nervous?”

“Should I tell him then Siwon?” Tell me what? What’s bothering my dad that Yoona wants to tell me?

“Tell me what?” I said my voice cracking a little at the end, why did my voice crack?

“Well there’s two things actually… 1: your dad and I are getting married.” My jaw dropped and immediately curved into a smile. I wrapped my arms around Yoona and hugged her tight. I then did the same for my appa.

“Im so happy for you guys.” Wow Yoona is gonna be my mom, so cool. “And the second thing?” there was a hint of nervousness in my voice.

“The second thing is…I’m pregnant.” She said. Inside I felt really happy but my facial features decided to betray me. My jaw had once again dropped and this time my eyes were bugging out so far it felt like they were literally going to pop out. Yoona looked at me scared for a moment that I was going to burst at any moment. Her little hunch was right, I bursted.

“Oh my gosh Yoona I’m super happy for you!!!!!!!!” I said hugging her tight but not too tight. I wanted to touch her stomach but there wasn’t anything there yet to feel. I turned to my dad and shook my head in approval. He opened his arms out for me and I ran into them. I look up at him and he kisses my forehead. I pull back.

“Why did you wait until I was almost 18 to re-marry and have another child?”

“Denzie just remember had you not have come back into my life I would’ve never set foot in that high school and have met your soon-to-be mother.”

“Ok ok…so when did you two decide to…do it?" Both of them began to blush HARD. Yoona then cut the silence.

“Denzie I think your boyfriend had something he wanted to tell you. Let us get out of here, Siwon?”

“Ah yes bye Denzie…L.JOE YOUR TURN.” My dad shouted at my boyfriend. L.Joe walked in my room and smiled at my parents. Lol Yoona is my mom. Yay. They closed the door behind them. L.Joe then zoned in his gaze at me, making blush and turn away from him. He smiled and layed on my bed with his head in my lap.

“So how goes things Jagi?”

“Ehh you know…I got a mom now, and I’m soon gonna have a baby brother or sister. What about you?” I said playing with his hair. He had his eyes closed with a smile on his face.

“Congragulations, and me, nothing big…I umm stepped down from being TT’s leader.” My eyes widened at what he said.

“Why would you do that L.Joe?”

“So I could spend more time with you, duh. We hardly see each other anymore and that’s my fault not yours.” He said, with apologetic eyes.

“Well then if you’re not going to be the leader, who is?”

“C.A.P. is. He’s more than capable of handling it and plus his lover is fortunately in our gang.”

“So, if I were to join your gang th-“ I was cut off by a pair of soft lips being pressed against mine ever so gently.

“Don’t even think about it Choi Denzie.” He said smiling at me. I buried my face in his chest as he sat up and wrapped his arms around my waist and snuggled me closer. Sleep quickly found its to me. I felt a kiss on my forehead as everything turned black and I drifted off.

 

A few hours later (2:30 in the morning)

I woke up irritated and tried to toss and turn but something was preventing me from doing so. I look up to see that L.Joe is still here cuddling me in his arms. I smile at the sight of him but then frown because I found the source of my irritation. He was sleeping, not very soundly as he snore after loud snore came out of his mouth. ‘OMG’ I sighed as I rolled over, well tried to roll over as his grip around me got tighter. The snoring stopped and I looked up.

“If you keep trying to leave I’ll keep squeezing you until you snap.” Was that a threat?”

“YAH!!! Wake up pabo, if you just threatened me I will not hesitate to kick your .”

“Oh really.” He said opening his eyes and batting his lashes at me. I blushed and tried to look away but he caught me and locked our lips for what seemed like forever. He pulled back and looked me straight in the eye “Have you forgotten who I am and what I do?”

“Hehe no, have you forgotten who I am and what I will do to you?”

“God you’re turning into Favi.”

“That’s a good thing right?”

“Not for you…Favi noona is pretty but she has a look that just asks for your death. You’re too cute to pull of any look that says ‘I’m mad and I want to kill you’.”

“haha I guess so. Can we go back to sleep I’m tired.”

“Then why’d you wake up?”

“Umm you were snoring your off. I’m not that heavy of a sleeper…hold on I have some nose strips that’ll help you with snoring.”

“Why do you have nose strips you don’t snore.”

“I don’t, but my dad does. Sometimes I slip one on  his nose every other night but he doesn’t know that its me so shush.”

“ok~ whatever you say princess.” He said as he pecked my nose. I gave him a nose strip and we once again dozed off…this time peacefully. I woke up again just a little before my alarm was set to go off. I turned off the alarm so L.Joe could sleep more. As I was getting ready I received a text from Chansung hyung.

From: BB (Banana Boy)
Yo Denzie you need a ride to school?

To: BB
Please and thank you? L.Joe won’t be coming to school for the rest of the week

 

From: BB
Sure. I lost my car keys again so one of my hyungs is taking me. We’ll be there in about 5 mins ok?

 

To: BB
kk ^^

I don’t know why but I got a bad feeling in my stomach again. I shook it off declaring that it was because I didn’t eat breakfast. L.Joe had woken up and left after freshening up and pecking my lips goodbye. I finished styling my hair as I got a text from Channie hyung saying he was here. I rushed downstairs and waved Leeteuk goodbye. I ran outside and into hyung’s open arms.

“And how’s my little dongsaeng this morning?”

“I’m fine hyung, were gonna be late.” I rushed him. He opened the door for me and closed it when I was in. as soon as he got in the driver took off.

“Alright Denzie, this is one of my hyung’s his name is Nichkhun…hyung this is Denzie, my little brother, well not by blood but were that close.” Chansung said with a smile.

We were at a stop light. When his hyung turned around to greet me. As soon as he did both mine and his faces were washed clear of any emotion other than shock and surprise. The peaceful silence that once filled the car had turned awkward rather quickly as the light turned green. Nichkhun tore his eyes away from mine and proceeded driving us to school. not one word was said by me or Nichkhun the rest of the way there. Once we reached the school I got out. I muttered a thank you to Nichkhun and told Chansung I’d see him in class. Chansung said bye to his hyung and followed after me, leaving a dumbstruck Nichkhun with endless questions.

 

 

It was now lunch time and I decided not to go out today, I just wanted to hang out with my friends. I saw one of my friends, Woohyun and decided to surprise him. I jumped on his back and he only chuckled a little while he shifted me to piggyback me right.

“Only you Denzie are allowed to do that.” He stated making me laugh.

“So Denzie where have you been we haven’t seen you in like forever.”

“L.Joe has been making me eat out, he doesn’t like school food so I guess I have to suffer too and not eat school food.” He laughed.

“Well tell your boyfriend we miss you it’s not fun around here anymore. Oh and tell L.Joe that Sunggyu needs to talk to him.”

“Ok.” Woohyun was in a gang too, there called Infinite. There really good friends with TT so they usually do the gang stuff together. And just like TT they hated 2PM that’s probably the main reason they get along. Even though both gangs try their hardest not to let me get involved with gang related business, I somehow know a lot. Woohyun piggybacked me to the line and got a tray for him, and me. He paid for both of our lunches and piggybacked my while carrying the trays to the table where the rest of Infinite sat.

“DENZIE!!!!” they all shouted startling me making me fall off Woohyun’s back. Luckily Dongwoo caught me before I hit the floor. I thanked him and playfully glared Woohyun who just gave me a cheeky smile. We talked about where I’d been and they all replied with the smacking of their tongues. Lunch resumed as usual, the guys were talking about, whatever they were talking about while Sungjong and I were talking about joining the school’s talent show and doing a montage of girl group dances. We were thinking of doing Miss A’s Bad girl, good girl, Rainbow’s A, Orange Caramel’s A-ing and Magic Girl, and lastly AfterSchool’s Bang. It’s a lot but we could do it. Before we could schedule any time to practice the bell rang. Sungjong said he’d text me later good times for him and I’d see if I could work with it. We headed off to our classes, students were scattered everywhere some rushing to class, some taking their time, and others, I guess not caring. I walked to my class but stopped about 10 feet away. There was Kyu and he wasn’t alone, he was talking to Sungmin. Sungmin was smiling so big. I don’t know what Kyu was doing but it was working. I think they said their goodbye’s because Sungmin started to walk away. We passed each other and said hi as I walked up to Kyu he decided to tease me and ran from me. I caught him in the classroom.

“So~ what happened.” A smile apparent on my face , Kyu blushed.

“Umm nothing really, you told me to wear pink and I did which obviously caught his attention. He was on his way to class when he saw me and just started a conversation with me an-“

“You didn’t start sweating did you? You know when you get nervous you start sweating and tapping your foot an-“ he cut me off.

“YAH…let me finish, ok. He started a conversation with me and I was just hypnotized by his gorgeous face that I didn’t hear anything he said. He just patted me on the head and said that we should have coffee sometime and hopefully I’d be listening then. He gave me his number and told me to text him when I’d want to have coffee.”

“Omo Kyu I’m so proud of you, now all you have to do is text him, and get to know him.”

“Denzie it’s not that easy.” He said grabbing my hand.

“Eeewww your hands all clamy.” He blushed and retreated his hand, rubbing it on his pants.

“Don’t worry so much Kyu, you’ll be fine.” I gave him a reassuring smile and he muttered a ‘thank you’. I almost didn’t catch it but I have really good hearing. Class went on, boring as usual so I turn to look out the window. When I did I caught the sleeping form of my friend Hyuna. She sits beside me so it was hard not to see her or hear her light snores. I guess I stared to long because the teacher suddenly called on me.

“Denzie-yah!”

“Neh?”

“Wake her up, no one sleeps in my class.” I nodded and started to gently shake her. She started groaning and moving around but not waking up. I look at the teacher whose now becoming impatient. I smile and quickly try to wake her up.

“Hyuna noona!!!~ ireonaseyo~.” All she did was stir. I started patting her back “Ppalli~ Ireona~” I said whining a little, she faced the other way

“Ah Jjaejeungna~~” was all she said before trying to sleep again. Now I was getting impatient.

“YAH KIM HYUNA JIGEUM IREONA!!!” she sat up eyes tired but set to kill. She gave me a glare.

“Yah, is that how you talk to your noona?”

“I meant it in a playful way noona, you know I love you.” I said the last part with aegyo. She cracked and smiled. Score no one can resist my aegyo. Thank god she stayed awake the rest of the class. Soon the bell rang and everyone started leaving. When I walked out I was met by Chansung. Hey Denzie you want a ride back home. My eyes instantly grew and my breathing hitched. He didn’t have his car, which meant Nichkhun was coming to get him. Why of all the people in the world did Nichkhun have to be his hyung.

“Umm no thanks hyung, I got a ride.”

“Ok Denzie be careful, I’m leaving first.” He said as he hugged me goodbye. I watched him get into his hyung’s car and I could’ve sworn on my father’s billion dollar fortune that he smirked at me before Chansung closed the door. I walked away back towards the school and sat on one of many benches waiting like the rest of the students still here. I didn’t have a ride lol. I went through my options, Favi already left, L.Joe is probably busy, and Infinite just left, figures. Wait…I just remembered that Changjo was free today. I quickly pushed a button since I had him on speed dial and pressed call.  He picked up on the second ring.

“Yoboseyo”

“Neh hyung its Denzie.”

“Haha I know who it is, caller ID.”

“Oh haha.”

”What’s up are you ok?”

“Neh gwaenchannayo, umm I need a ride.”

“oh sure, you’re at school right now, neh?”

“yeah”

“Alright I’m on my way now.”

“Ok.” And with that I hung up. I waited for like 5 minutes when Changjo pulled up he lowered down the window and yelled at me from the driver’s seat. “Denzie, let’s go!!!!” I smiled and jogged my way over to the escalade. I hopped up into the seat seeing as it was high and I was short. Changjo laughed and ruffled my hair. He started driving once I closed the door. As soon as I was about to say something my stomach growled. I looked at Changjo, he looked at me then his eyes averted to my stomach. A smile formed on his lips.

“Someone didn’t eat today, someone’s gonna get a scolding.”

“Changjo please don’t tell L.Joe, I ate really I just didn’t finish it that’s all.”

“haha ok, wanna go get something eat?”

“Uh not anything big.”

“Alright then what about ice cream?”

“Ice Cream~~~!!!!” I said with a squeaky aegyo filled voice. He laughed at my reaction and pulled into a coincidental ice cream parlor.

“I only said ice cream because I saw the ice cream sign.” He said matter-of-factly. I just laughed as we walked into the ice cream shop. The place was really frilly and girly but I didn’t mind. We went up to the counter to see what we wanted. We made our decision as a girl came up to the register.

“Hi my name is Sunny, how may help you today?”

‘Um I’ll have the chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.”

Sunny nodded and turned to me “And you sir?”

“Uhhh, I’ll have the……Creole cream cheese ice cream.”

“Ok, and is that for here or to go?”

“For here.” Changjo said.

“Alright your ice cream will be here shortly.” She gave us a number and we went to find a seat. The ice cream arrived and we happily ate it. Changjo began to get worried.

“Denzie you look as if you’ve just seen a ghost, what’s wrong?”

‘you could say that’ I thought in my head. I nodded my head no. “Nothing’s wrong Changjo, I was just thinking.” He nodded yes as we finished our ice cream. I left a tip for Sunny on the table. Some people would complain that that tip was too much but to me and my dad that would be considered change. It was just a twenty anyway, I didn’t want it. Changjo took me home and I thanked him a thousand time. He just chuckled and told me to call him whenever for whatever I needed, he’d be there. I smiled as I walked in my house. I took my shoes off and placed them on the rack. Haha one way you could tell me and dad apart was the shoe rack by the front door. His shoes were all classy dress shoes with a couple of running shoes in there. My shoes consisted of high tops like Fila and Nike while others were flats like Hawks, Converse, and Vans, with one I repeat one pair of dress shoes. I went into the living room and sat on the couch. I the TV. M-countdown was on, right todays Thursday. T-ara was on and was receiving the award for number one song of the week for their song “I go crazy because of you” I slumped down on the couch in a sitting/laying down position and my eyes started to get heavy. I fell asleep as Eunjung was giving the speech now the song was in my head as I drifted to dreamland.

‘Cheoreobtge cheoreobtge cheoreobtge cheoreobtge cheoreobtge saldaga naega michyeo’


 

Hey guys here's the update. sorry it took so long i got a really bad fever with a really bad headache. i couldn't bend down, move vigourously, or even sniffle my nose without my head throbbing like hell lol. but i'm better now. it took me like a week to write this ok like one day i had part of the chapter in my head so i typed it then the next day i was brain dead then the next day another idea and then the next day brain dead again lol. but i got it and ooohhhh denzie met channie's hyung, changjo is suspicious of denzie, i introduced Infinite gahhhhh. i love them, especially L. 사랑해요 명수 ㅋㅋㅋ lol well here's the chapter enjoy and see you next time :)