*Not an update* but please read?

A New Life

Comeback date confirmed for Denzie’s fanfic!!!!

 

Hi everyone. Super duper sorry it’s been years and I have an explanation. I should've done this a long long time ago, tell you guys i was going on a hiatus but i didn't, and i apologize. but here's an explanation, it’s going to be long so brace yourselves…

 

So a year and some months ago (almost two years wow) on April 28th 2014, I got a Job; A full time job. It was very demanding but very feasible. I moved out of parents house to live with my grandmother. She needed help and I’m the only grandchild who speaks Spanish. My problem with this whole situation however was for the first few months I didn’t have my own way to work. I had a car but it was in dire need of multiple tune ups and just overall wouldn’t run right. I ended up riding with my aunt who worked there as well, but she was moving and the house she found was too far for us to carpool together. So I forced my parents to take me car shopping. Unfortunately, most of the places we went to wanted like decent credit or too many check stubs, which I didn’t have the required amount at the time. So my mom took me to a vendor where she got a car once and the owner remembered her and was willing to work something out with me. I ended up getting a car and made my way to work just fine.

Well things at work are going fine until they appoint the office our new supervisor (funny fact: the bosses gathered everyone in a meeting where they promoted but…no one applauded her. It was pure silence. Me and another few coworkers tried so hard not to laugh but anyways.) So that was that, I was kind of close with her. We had good moments, but this was one of those moments of life where you have to be careful who you befriend. After she was promoted things between us weren’t the same as they used to be. Which I expected because when anyone rises to power relationships will change, so I wasn’t too much worried about. What I didn’t expect however was the different treatment I received from her that no one else got. First of all I worked at pharmacy in the customer service dept. I was in data entry team and we weren’t really supposed to answer phones, but when another employee complained that we didn’t have enough Spanish speaking customer service reps, the previous supervisor (my aunt) had me start taking them. So I did both of those but the new supervisor felt that wasn’t enough for me. I was unofficially appointed the head of data entry. I was unofficially because this started even before she became our new supervisor. She was over seeing me and all that I did. So I told the supervisor at the time (my aunt) and she calmed that down for a while. But my aunt got promoted and moved to another part of the building and the supervisor made some seating rearrangements and I got moved directly behind her. I don’t know why she did that I still did all of my work and talked to other coworkers. Then I guess she decided she couldn’t handle being the only supervisor after they took her partner away (who by the way treated me the same before and after she became a supervisor, just awesome) so she hired three more people to help out. One quit within the first month and the other two remained. One of them didn’t really talk to me much so yeah. The other one tried to learn as much as possible from me since I was one of the veterans there. Now we had an AR system in place, but the person that usually handled it moved away recently so one of the new supervisors appointed it to me. I wasn’t that all surprised since the girl who had it before was training me to do it anyway. So one day she got me and another girl who did AR for our sister company and asked us what we could change in our AR routines to make it go by faster so we could answer more phone calls (phone calls were becoming more of an issue at this point) and I guess she liked my answer a lot because she appointed me head of AR over both pharmacies. So in conjunction with data entry and answering phones, I had to manage both pharmacies mail and pick out the payments and calculate that into the patients accounts. It got to be too much for me at one point so she started helping me, eventually taking it all away from me so that I was just stuck with data entry. The first supervisor had at this time had divided everyone into teams and I was head of AR team. That eventually got taken away from me for a really stupid reason but nonetheless I got placed in the incoming call team. once again my seat was moved right in front of the head supervisors office. And on top of that there was a quality assurance quiz in effect where the supervisors would listen to your calls and grade you on it and tell you how to improve. Luck happened to be with me because every time I answered the phone it was a Spanish call. I didn’t know how much more I could get picked on because I was called into the office and literally told to take calls in English (none of the supervisors knew spanish). Which I had no problem with, I’ve taken plenty of calls in English, just not at the time when they started this stupid call auditing. So that went on and a lot of people including me were getting audited for dumb reasons… long story short I was apart of a mass layoff. In a way I was angry because they got rid of me, a veteran, and kept a lot of the new people that were hired. Sad because that job was my first “real” job I’ve ever had. But relieved because I wasn’t in that hell anymore. My mom works there now, has been for a little while so I go and pick her up and just recently a coworker saw me and we were talking and she informed me how everyone was so shocked and sad that I was laid off but seeing what that place has become now they’re happy that I’m not there.

There’s also an issue occurring with my parents (still ongoing) nothing too much to worry about since i side with my mom but long story short, mom is tired of dad. Dad is an . Mom wants to leave but can’t because of her kids (youngest being 5) and some other things but I’m helping her “ignore” him as much as she can. (I don’t like him either) but yeah...

it’s been a long 2 years almost but I feel I’m ready to come back to aff as an author. There were times during that experience where I felt I could write a chapter or a oneshot or something. But whenever I sat in front of my computer I just wanted to sleep. Coming home from a computer at work for eight hours just to sit in front of another computer, I couldn’t do it. But since I don’t have a job right now (I get unemployment benefits, I’m fine) and the only thing I’m doing is providing my parents with free babysitting services, I feel like I can update more often now. I want to thank everyone who's stayed with this story and to all the new subcribers i got (i was SOO suprised) thank you so much. this is my first fic ever and i honestly dont think it's good but i will finish it so please expect it and thank you again for staying with it thus far. There will be an actual update for this story coing up shortly after this so i hope you enjoy it. Thank you so much!!!!