Chapter 3

Missing You

“So how did you like your first day?” my boss asked as we made our way towards the elevator.

“I think it went pretty well, other than the fact that I completely embarrassed myself.”

“Don’t think of it that way. Think of it as starting out comfortable with each other” he told me.

“How can I think of it that way? I practically disrespected my boss when he first walked in. Again, I’m sorry about that sir.”

“Sir, how old do you think I am?” he asked me, completely changing the topic.

“Do I really have to answer that sir?” I asked him, as I stopped to look closely at his face.

“Do I look that old?” he asked as he looked back at me.

“You look like you’re around your early 20’s” I told him, starting to make my way in the elevator.

“I like that” he said as he stepped in and pressed the button.

“So how old are you?” I asked as the elevator started to make its way down.

“Not that old, so how about if we drop the formalities?”

“I’m not sure about that. Today’s my first day and you’re my boss”

“Alright, then how old are you?” he asked as the elevator came to a stop.

“I thought you weren’t supposed to ask a lady her age. . .”

“We’ll I know a gentleman isn’t supposed to ask, but I’m asking as your boss” I heard him say.

I didn’t say anything and just kept looking at him. It surprised me to find him treating me so nicely and carefree; especially since I had practically offended him when I first met him.

“If you don’t want to tell me, then it’s alright.” He told me as he stepped out of the elevator.

I quietly followed him, still processing how friendly he was when he abruptly came to a stop and caused me to bump into him.

“I think I’ll have a quick chat in the administer office” he said as he turned to look at me. I wasn’t sure what he was talking about.

“I thought we were headed out to meet the band.”

“Well I guess they won’t mind waiting a while” he said with another smile. “Or, you could make them avoid the wait.”

“I’m sorry?” I asked, still unsure what exactly was going on.

“So how old are you?” he asked with a laugh.

“That’s what you were talking about?” I asked, finally understanding everything.

“Yeah, what did you think I was talking about?” he asked.

“I don’t know, anything but that” I told him truthfully.

“So are you going to tell me?” he asked again.

“I’m 22.” I told him.

“That means you’re younger than me, so just call me oppa” he said before walking off again.

I was dumbfounded, not sure what to do. Here was my boss, trying to get me to be more comfortable with him to the point that he wants me to call him oppa.

“Wait!” I yelled out as I ran behind him.

I silently followed him towards his car since he had offered, or might I say made me ride with him to the restaurant. The ride to the restaurant was quiet, until I couldn’t hold back what I wanted to say. “I can’t call you oppa.”

“And why is that?” he asked with a raised brow.

“We just met a while ago, and you’re my boss” I told him.

“Well, we’re going to be working with each other from now on, so you should get comfortable with me. This would be a great way to start that, and as for me being you’re boss. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anyone mention anything about a boss and a worker not being able to be friends.”

“That still doesn’t make it right for me to be calling my boss oppa. What would everyone think?”

“It doesn’t matter what everyone else says. I want us to be comfortable around each other. . .” he said trailing off. “Araso, if you take your job that seriously”

“I do” I told him.

“Then as your boss, I’m officially ordering for you to call me oppa” he said with a smile as he pulled the car over.

“Well, here we are” I heard him say as he pointed towards the restaurant by the roadside.

“I still think this is a bad idea” I told him as I took my seatbelt off.

“It doesn’t matter what you think anymore, so come on.”

“Araso. Araso.” I told him.

“Well, then say it” he told me with another smile.

“Oppa” I told him before getting out of the car.

“See, it wasn’t that hard now was it?” he said as he came beside me.

“No, but I sti-“

“Don’t worry my little dongseng” he said as he patted my head. “Now let’s not keep everyone waiting and get inside”

“Araso, oppa” I told him as I followed him in.

“There they are” he said as he pointed to a table with a group of guys there.

I silently followed him and made our way towards their table.

“Hyung, you guys are here?” I heard the cute boy from earlier ask as we sat down.

“Yeah, have you guys ordered?” JangWoo oppa asked.

“Yeah, we ordered some meat and a few side dishes” someone answered back.

“Well, I guess we should introduce ourselves to our new producer” a guy with spikey hair said as he got up. “I’m Kim JongHyun, Shinee’s powerful vocal voice” he said with a huge grin.

“Nice to meet you” I told him as I took his hand.

“That is our adorable Mankae, Lee Taemin” he said pointing to the cute boy with the adorable smile.

“Nice to meet you.”

“This here is our one of a kind friend Choi Minho” he said pointing to a really tall but adorable guy.

“Its nice meeting you as well.”

“I’m sure you’ve already met this guy here” he said pointing to the guy I had a bad start off with. “His name is Kim Kibum, he’s our diva.”

“Nice seeing you again” I told him, but noticed he still didn’t like me.

“And here is our leader, Lee Jinki but everyone knows him as Onew” he said pointing to a guy with a really nice smile.

~~~~~~

Sorry for making you guys wait so long for another update, but here it is. Don't hate me! :(